Shouldn't Come Back //1

Demi's POV

It had been 9 months or since (y/n) and I broke up. I still remember it like it was yesterday:

*flashback*
I had just come home form the studio. It had been a very long and tiring day. I looked around the house; no sign of (y/n). "Babe? Baby? You home?" I shouted, but no answer. She was here when I left this morning. That's just plain odd. She never leaves the house without telling me because of an incident with the paparazzi a few months ago.

I searched the kitchen: nothing. I searched the living and dining room: nothing. Where is she? Then I heard a few rustling sounds coming from upstairs. I frowned. "(y/n)? Is that you honey?" Again, no answer. I had now had enough. I went upstairs and when I came to our bedroom door, I was met by a heartbreaking sight. My baby was sitting on the floor with one of our photo albums in hand, crying. I ran up to her.

"What's wrong sweetheart? Why are you crying?" I asked, confusion and worry evident in my voice as I spoke. She shook my hands away from her, and continued crying. I tried again to comfort my broken-hearted fiancée, but she kept on shoving me away. I was now getting agitated. "What is going on with you, huh? Damn it (y/n)! I'm trying to comfort you!" I raised my voice at that. She looked up at me and retorted back: "Well you can't comfort me since you're the reason I'm fucking crying!" She yelled as loud as she could.

"What? Why? What did I do?" I was confused. She gave a light, dry chuckle and looked away, getting her phone from her purse. "You wanna know why? Well here ya go baby!" She threw her phone at me. I looked at the screen. An article was open with pictures of me and Nick at a coffee shop displayed there. I couldn't believe this. She thought I was cheating on her? "Well!? What do you have to say for yourself now, huh Lovato?" I starred blankly at her. I closed my eyes, trying to gather my thoughts. "You-You thought I was cheating?" I asked in disbelief. She shrugged, and walked to the closet where there stood a black and red stripped suitcase. She rolled it out on its wheels.

"Then you tell me what you were doing? I asked you this morning if you had time to look at wedding details with me, and you said no. Why? Because you had to go to the studio. The studio my fucking ass! You went to spend time with HIM!" I stood there and starred at my teary-eyed, fuming soon-to-be-wife. I stuttered when I began to answer, knowing even if she knew I wasn't cheating, she would still be mad I denied her request to look at wedding details to hang out with him.

"I went to the studio, but finished earlier than expected. I was gonna come home, but then Nick caught me in the hallway and asked me to join him for coffee. He's one of my closest friends, (y/n), you can't expect me to say no after I haven't spent time with him in over 5 months." She gave another dry chuckle and crossed her arms over her chest, looking at me intently. "Well why didn't you call me to tell me, ey? Everyone thinks there's something going on between you two. And actually, so do I. Every time he sees you his face lights up, he can't keep him eyes off you, and he keeps wanting to be near you. And honestly, I'd say the same for you." I shake my head rapidly, knowing where this was going. "No (y/n). No. Never! I love you! We're getting married in less than 12 weeks baby. Don't do this now!" She shook her head.

"I think we need a break Demi. I'm sorry." I stood in her path, stopping her from leaving. She gave a soft sob as she pushed past and ran down the stairs. Despite my begs and pleads, she didn't stop, and didn't come back. That's the last time I saw her.
*End flashback*

I can't begin to describe how much pain I was in after she left. I didn't know who else to go to other than Nick, who excepted me with open arms. He listened to my endless talks about her and he put up with my sobs. He looked after me. And that's kinda how I fell for him.

I was brought from my thought when a pair of strong arms snaked around my waist. I smiled to myself, knowing who it was. Although I couldn't help but think of (y/n). "Hey beautiful. Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" I giggled. I turned around in his arms, and looked deep into his captivating brown eyed and sighed. His eyes were nice don't get me wrong, but they just weren't (y/n)'s. "Oh nothing. Just thinking about my life and how amazing it is." He smiled and kissed me. Just then the doorbell rang. "I'll get it babe!" I shouted. As I opened the door, I saw a familiar (y/hair/color) haired girl running down the driveway. I gasped.

(y/n).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Hope this one was ok.

Will update when I get the chance.

Xoxo

-FlyAwayWithMe_24