Chapter Seventy One

Start from the beginning

Kuwabara looks at the pair of us and decides to speak, "I had a dream last night guys." Yusuke looks at Kuwabara and asks, "Was she hot?" And with that I wacked him in the head and muttered out, "Perv." Whilst Kuwabara raises his voice slightly at Yusuke, "It was about our next fight, okay!" This makes me look at Kuwabara with concern, whilst my idiot of a brother looks at him with an unbothered look and calmly says, "Ah a nightmare. Must suck to get beat up in your dreams as well." And with that Yusuke starts laughing, greatly upsetting Kuwabara, who shouts at him, "Just shut up! That's not what it was about!" And I of course nudge my brother and say, "Be serious, Yusuke." To which leads to Yusuke saying, "Sorry man, I don't feel like playing council for the day." And with that he takes a bite of one of my croissants. "Well fine then! Your dumbass wouldn't understand it anyway!" Kuwabara barks at my still calm and unbothered brother. "Where is Kurama and Hiei, they're good with stuff like this?" Kuwabara calmly asks me, and I was about to answer when Yusuke just says, "Not here." And of course this concerns Kuwabara greatly. "They're not here?! Well where did they go?!" Kuwabara asks us with a panicked look. "Hell if I know." Yusuke answers, causing Kuwabara to stand up and ask, "What's with you people?! Doesn't anyone know how to write notes when they leave?!" 

I sigh realising that my presence is being ignored at this point. "Take a relaxer." Yusuke calmly says to Kuwabara without a care. "Are fight is starting soon and Demons aren't exactly trusting. They'd never let us fight alone." Kuwabara looks up with a calmer look as he says, "Yeah that's true." Yusuke then stands up as he says, "They're probably just gonna meet us in the arena. Now let's go kick some ass." I then look over my shoulder and call out, "Goro! Come on, we're going!" And when seeing the door to my room open, I get up and stretch my arms as I groan out, "Something's telling me to have a good stretch."

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

We are now walking through the corridors of the stadium to make our way towards the arena. Just me, Yusuke, Goro, Kuwabara and the Masked Fighter. We stop as we see someone approaching us, making Yusuke say, "Looks like we got a fan." The teenage looking by before us is wearing a red obi sash tied at the waist of a pink-trimmed blue robe over brown pants and black shoes. He is also wearing a long red scarf that covers his neck and shoulders. I also note how he has medium length brown hair, parted down the middle where a "Jr." mark sits between on his forehead and a blue pacifier kept in his mouth. "I'd say I'm a little more than that, Yusuke." Koenma says calmly. "Wait a minute." Yusuke says as he invades Koenma's personal space. "Junior on the forehead, squealy voice..." He then leaps back with a shocked look on his face as he exclaims, "You're Koenma's older brother!" I sigh at this, but can't help but understand how and why he jumped to that conclusion. "As far as I'm aware Koenma doesn't have any brothers only an older sister, I should know...I'm him. As a cool teenager!" He answered calmly but then exclaims the last bit with a smile on his face. 

Yusuke seems to definitely disagree with Koenma's last statement as he says, "Yes the pacifier for raving." And this of course upsets Koenma as he shouts, "Can it boy!" He then calms down before he continues speaking but more to Kuwabara, "Yo, Kuwabara. Thanks for helping out Yusuke all the time, it's nice." This makes Kuwabara smile and say, "Hey, no problem." This makes Yusuke look at him and say, "Give me a break, all you do is give me someone else to rescue." Kuwabara's happiness instantly disappears after hearing this as he quickly says, "That's not true!" I once again sigh at the possibility of another fight kicking off, whilst Koenma raises his hands and says, "Boys please." The redirects Yusuke's attention back to him as he asks, "So sucker mouth, what are you doing here?" Koenma calmly answers, "Well one, I'm your Spirit Detective boss. Two, I'm the owner of your team. And three, I have a way to help. Yusuke Urameshi, your egg is about to hatch."

"Excuse me?" Both Yusuke and I say in sync as both of us are confused by his words. Although something tells me I only I should be confused and not Yusuke. "Your golden egg, you moron! The egg of your Spirit Beast I gave you during your life ordeal, remember?!" Koenma shouts at Yusuke's face, clearly losing his cool from my twin's forgetfulness. I turn to Yusuke who just confesses with no shame, "I have no clue." Koenma closes his eyes in irritation in that moment, before saying, "Brief recap. I gave you an egg that would hatch a Spirit Beast that would probably bite off your head. But wisely you chose to forgo your chances of revival by hatching the beast prematurely, thus saving Keiko from a fire. This sacrifice was the true answer to the ordeal and boom! You're back to life, and the egg stayed with me so you never actually hatched it. Only it's Spirit Energy was unleashed. Ever since you became Spirit Detective, the egg unbeknownst to you, has been feeding on your soul's merit. And now after nearly a year it will hatch."