Chapter Twenty One

"Remember everything Emi taught you, and save your loved ones

"Remember everything Emi taught you, and save your loved ones."

Even as Akina's conscious was brought back to the warehouse, those words continued to ring in her head as her mind opened the memories of how Emi's Dojo held a secret class that not many students were apart of or even aware of. That class was reserved for those with Spirit Energy and could control it enough to be considered psychics, who needed to be taught how to use it against those who feel dangerous. Akina remembered when she first met Akuma when Emi took her out shopping and they went to his place to get a snack only for Akina to stand in shock and stare at him with curiosity, and Emi was forced to add Akina to her special class to help her learn about the three realms and Spirit Energy and told her never to show it to others, unless absolutely necessary, which will have to be now.

Akina closed her eyes to see the imaginary door Emi had encouraged her to make as a seal to lock away her energy, to then imagine herself opening the door to allow her energy to begin pouring out and exploring the veins in her body, causing the outline of her shape to omit a light green colour. This new burst of energy catches the attention of the four people below her. Each of them had their own reactions: Hiei was annoyed and yet intrigued by the new presence, Kurama was shocked and fearful at the sight of Akina witnessing the two people she cared for being attacked with the intention of death and it has sparked a large amount of energy to awaken; Yusuke looked shocked that his sister also has spirit energy but also that she has somehow made an appearance in a place that exposes her to the reality that he has to live, whilst Botan looks fearful as she feels the strength behind the energy and how similar it feels to the hidden princess of Spirit World.

"Why don't you release your anger onto me?!" Akina hisses at Hiei as she leaps down to his level and glares at him. Hiei stares at her in fascination as he thinks to himself, 'What is this? This girl has similar energy to that of the detective and that strange woman, but hers is growing as the situation grows more dangerous. I mustn't allow this to go on any longer.' Hiei growls and leaps to throw a punch at her, causing both Yusuke and Kurama shouts, "Akina!" But before the punch could come into contact with her cheek, Akina grabbed the fist and swung him over her shoulder, making Hiei's body collide with the ground. Hiei quickly moves as he notices Akina try to stomp her foot on his gut and quickly swings his leg to kick her in her side, but Akina doesn't flinch and throws a punch at him again at the same time as him, causing the two to go flying backwards before trying to hit each other again, but no matter how many physical attacks the two throw or how much their energy increases their stamina, they both fail to land a hit. This causes the two to grow more angry as Hiei kicks her side again, making her go flying, giving him the opportunity to try kicking and punching her in various places and from everyone's eyes it seemed that he was hitting his mark, all failing to notice that Akina had used her energy to make a shield out of her energy around her entire body, whilst she thinks of a plan on how to beat him.

But Hiei misinterprets this of her being consumed in pain as he laughs, "You see it doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't hit me!" He then prepares a punch for her face but she catches it and swings him to the side of her, allowing her to get a more open eyesight of the room and spots a certain object she remembers seeing in her friend's bag, making a plan formulate in her mind. 'I will allow myself to get hurt by impact, so that he can position himself in front of me.' And as that thought finishes, she collides into the wall and collapses to the ground and allows a groan to leave her lips to fake that she was in pain. Hiei chuckles as he manages to recover and leaps to be in front of her and wears a smirk on his face, whilst behind the two Yusuke finally manages to get himself to sit up and growls, "Dammit!"