Chapter Two

At the age of twelve,

Akina sighs and turns to the red head before extending her hand to him and gently asks, "Are you alright?" He looks at her in awe before accepting herhelp in getting up before she gives him a look over to then look him in the eye with a calm smile as she says, "Ah good. There's nothing broken or bruised." She then extends her hand once again as she says, "Sorry we couldn't meet on better circumstances, but...Hi I'm Akina Urameshi, nice to meet you." Both his human and demon mind found this amusing, leading to him pushing aside his arrogance as she was the girl who saved him, and takes hold of her hand to shake whilst replying, "Hello Urameshi-chan, my name is Shuichi Minamino. And I agree, the circumstances aren't the best." Akina let out a giggle before looking over at the unconscious girl and says to Shuichi, "I think we should go back inside Minamino-kun. Oh and you can just call me Akina." He looks at her confused before saying, "In night clubs there is no such thing as privacy." Akina smiles and says, "One of Emi's friends have been here before and apparently no one dares use the disabled toilet because of a rumor about ghosts lurking there, hence why it's so clean in there." He looks at her a bit confused before he nods and follows her back inside the club but then freezes when the man that spoke terribly to him earlier yells from his seat, "WHERE'S THAT BRAT?!" Akina looks in his direction with a disturbed expression as the two children watch one of his associates ask, "Why is he so important anyway? He's just some kid?" This wasn't a good thing to ask as the man barks back, "BECAUSE IF I LOSE HIM I LOSE MY TICKET TO FINALLY GETTING LAID!"

Akina looks at Shuichi and sees his angered look before she gently places her hand on his shoulder and whispers, "On second thoughts, let's go to your house and show your mother this disgusting man's confession that I have on this phone of his I took on the way over to you, okay?" She smiles and shows him the stolen phone that previously belonged to that man looking for Shuichi, making him look at her in amazement at her pick pocketing skills and ability to unlock phones as he asks, "How did you unlock that?" She smiles and says, "His pin was 1234."

He chuckles before she takes his hand and they walk out of the club, before she walks them round to a run down petrol station and head inside to be greeted with a very pale old male cyclops, which to any human with no spiritual awareness would just see a regular old man wearing an eye patch. In seeing the young Akina he smiles and says, "Oh my dear, what are you doing standing outside in the cold? Come in, come in." She smiles and says, "Thank you Akuma-san." She then turns to Shuichi and sees his scared look, unaware that it is because he can see the old man in his demon form and assumed he was scared of strangers, so she says, "Don't worry, old man Akuma is friendly, he can give us a lift to you house." He slowly nods before following him inside the building to then sit on a white plastic chair that was situated across from the cyclops, who kept a friendly look on his face as his focus was on Akina. "How can I help you and your friend dear?" He asks her, for her to explain the entire situation to him, making him look at Shuichi with pity before turning back to Akina and sighs, "I'll close up and then I'll give you both a lift." Akina smiles and says, "Thank you." He smiles in return before he goes off to close up the place.

He then gave them a lift to Shuichi's house, before letting them out. Akina doesn't walk away from the car yet, making Shuichi turn to her confused and ask, "What are you doing?" She replies, "I'm paying him for his kindness." He then witnesses her pulling out a bag of chocolates and passes it over to the old cyclops, who looks happy to see the sugary treats, and gladly takes them before driving off. And the two head off to the house.

I remember that day. His mother cried so much that night and Shuichi didn't expect me to turn up everyday after school to help him comfort her and help her move on. We also got to know each other as time went on, and I noticed that he kept increasing the time he spent with me. I don't think he was prepared for what happened next.

At the age thirteen,

Akina and Shuichi had just left his house and were talking together casually, until one of Shuichi's female classmates called, Maya interrupted by running up to them and forcing herself in between the two, annoying Shuichi greatly as all he wanted was to walk Akina home alone. "Happy Birthday Minamino-kun!" Shuichi despite his annoyance towards the girl, he politely replies, "Thank you Maya." Maya smiles and asks, "You're fourteen now right? That definitely makes Akina the youngest out of us three huh?" Shuichi almost comments on that but Akina beats him to it with a polite smile, "Yes Maya. You both are fourteen whilst I'm thirteen." Maya doesn't seem to fully acknowledge Akina as she continues to look at Shuichi and asks him, "Where are we going Minamino-kun? Your house is back there." Shuichi looks at her as he answers, "I was just walking Akina back home, since she promised to cook her brother's favorite meal while their mother is working late."

Maya finally looks at Akina as she says, "You should get a babysitter since you baby your brother so much. I mean you two are the same age and if you baby him then maybe you need to be babied by someone as well." Both Shuichi and Akina freeze at this and Akina feels both anger and sadness fill her up, whilst Shuichi feels anger and was about to snap until a loud voice cuts in, "HEY ONI-SAN IS THAT YOU?!" The three of them look to see Akina's twin, Yusuke Urameshi standing across the street with a football by his foot. "YEAH YUSUKE ITS ME!" Akina calls back making Maya flinch away from the girl to stumble into Shuichi, who then gets accidentally shoved into the middle of the road and fall over, leading to Yusuke rush over to help him up. But both didn't notice a speeding car heading their way, except for the two girls, who reacted differently: Maya called out Shuichi's name to alert him, whilst Akina just ran out into the road and shoved the two out of the car's line of collision.

BANG

"AKINA!" Yusuke screams as he sees the car collide with his sister, who is then flung over the car and not only bashes her head against the road, but as her body continues to roll another car was about to hit her; thankfully the driver swerves to miss her, but their boot was open and some boxes fall out and hit her, before she finally comes to a stop.

Both cars had stopped and cars that had just appeared quickly came to a hault, whilst Yusuke runs over to his sister whilst Shuichi stands there in shock especially as he absorbs what he hears, "She's not breathing! SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE! Oni-san?! Akina? PLEASE ANSWER ME! PLEASE!" The driver from the second car was calling an ambulance whilst a random pedestrian ran over and started to perform CPR on the young teen. "Come on breath!" They grunt.