Chapter Thirty Nine

"Well he's no dragon

"Well he's no dragon. But he is ugly." Yusuke says making Akina nod and says, "No dragon is cursed with ugliness." Seiryū's eyes narrow at their words as he speaks, "It is not wise to say such things to your executioner." His eyes briefly widen before he moves his head to the side and stares behind the group as he sighs. "It appears we have another guest." This makes the group jump or widen their eyes as they raise their guards back up to try and spot this extra person their opponent is talking about. They turn to the doors behind them when they hear stomping coming behind them and grunting. "Guys..." Kuwabara begins to say, "Er...I don't know how to tell you this...But..." Both Akina and Hiei's eyes widen as they sense who it is, making Akina whisper, "No way..." Hiei turns to face the door and states, "It's coming from behind us." 

And they all watch the doors get pushed open by Byakko! This made the Humans gasp in shock at seeing the Tiger Demon alive but very week and covered in scorch marks. "You must help me!" Byakko manages to grunt out to Seiryū. "You're joking." Yusuke says in shock as Byakko manages to make his way into the room, causing the group to move out of his way as the tiger begs, "Please Seiryū, these cowards they tricked me in my own lair! They hid their true power from me until the end. You must help me recover!" Kuwabara turns to an angry looking Akina and asks, "Didn't you knock that guy in lava?" Which makes Yusuke add, "What does it take to kill this guy?" This makes Akina turn to Kurama and ask, "Are all Demons immune to lava? If not, do you have a book on which ones aren't?"

But everyone's focus is on the interaction between the two Saint Beasts before them. "Weakling, how dare you dishonour us further!" Seiryū spits at the wounded beast stumbling towards him. "Please, Seiryū!" Byakko begs, but it doesn't sway Seiryū as he says, "You are no longer wanted here." He outstretches his left hand towards Byakko and makes his right hand into a fist and let it gather blue energy as he says, "You are a disgrace." In realising that what Seiryū is in fact an attack, Byakko stops stumbling and begs, "No, Seiryū. I can help you destroy them! It was just one mistake!" However the light show continued as a circle of light blazed around a smirking Seiryū, lighting up his figure as he swings his right fist forward and yells, "ICE DRAGON!"

And everyone watches as Seiryū's energy leaves his fist and hurls like a snow storm at Byakko, who glows white and light blue as this attack goes on. "What the?" Yusuke breathes out in shock as everyone sees the glow leave Byakko's form, allowing them to see ice encase the tiger's form as said beast releases grunts and cries of pain. "Oh my God." Akina breathes out in disbelief and watch as Byakko's head was the last to freeze. "He's frozen." Kuwabara states the obvious, before Seiryū suddenly leaps into the air so he can drop kick the frozen Byakko, who then shatters into little pieces except for his head, which snaps off the rest of the body and falls to the side. Seiryū wears a smirk as he sees them stare at the shattered form and says, "You were right about my fog of energy. By lowering it to sub zero temperature, I can wrap my enemy in ice." And with that Yusuke shouts, "You heartless bastard! How could you kill off your own friend?!" Byakko's frozen head manages to give away his last words, "Seiryū, why...." He manages to vomit blood and dies as he succumbs to the fatal blow that was landed on him. "He was a weapon, not a friend." Seiryū states thoughtlessly. "And like a cheap sword, he rusted." And he spits on Byakko's head. 

Both Yusuke and Akina furrow their brows at him, whilst Kurama speaks informatively, "This race of beasts has no loyalty. Alliances are formed strictly to gain power." Now Kuwabara furrows his brows as he says, "I don't care what kind of race they are! It's never right to kill your own teammate, especially when they come asking for help!" To which Yusuke adds, "This guy's pushed me too far, he's dead!" However, before he could do anything Hiei speaks up, "Save you anger." This makes everyone look at Hiei as he continues, "You can take their leader. I insist this fight be mine." Akina can hear fury in his tone and senses his urge to kill, making her place her hand on her twin's shoulder and looks at Hiei and says, "Very well, Hiei. But I have a condition to this." Hiei narrows his eyes at me as if to snap at me until I say, "Give him hell." With that he nods and walks away from our group. "Ah, shall you be first, Hiei?" Seiryū asks. Hiei gives him no reply as he looks to the corner of his eyes to see the severed head of Byakko, leading to him removing his black coat and tossing it to cover the severed head. This action makes Seiryū chuckle before asking, "What was that? Tell me you're net getting sympathy for this armature. From your actions at the Gate of Betrayal, I was hoping you had more of a warrior spirit." These words were definitely making Hiei more and more angry as his eyes narrowed even more at his opponent.

"He's a puzzle isn't he." Kurama says getting the Human members of the company to look at him. "In times before, I've seen Hiei with similar cruelty." Hiei gets in a fighting stance with his hand on his blade and gathers his energy whilst Kurama continues to speak. "But something about Byakko's execution has caused great anger in him. Hiei tends to live by his own code with very complex rules. But one thing is for certain, never before have I seen Hiei begin a fight with such extraordinary amount of his Spirit Energy." And with that the Humans turn to see Hiei having blue light encase his form, caused by his Spiritual Energy. This makes Yusuke say, "Good as long as he kicks some ass."