Chapter Three

In a field populated with daisies a woman stood with a small rave furred puppy whimpering at her feet and flinching as tears from the woman's emerald eyes

In a field populated with daisies a woman stood with a small rave furred puppy whimpering at her feet and flinching as tears from the woman's emerald eyes. "How can this be? He promised me that she would be safe, but clearly he takes more after father than mother." She spits out as the wind begins to turn violent and the daisies begin to wilt. She then begins to calm down as she feels the dog's fear, leading to her to picking up the dog gently and coos to it, "Oh no dear, shush, shush, shush. Don't be afraid young one, I won't hurt you." But the dog continues to whimper before the dog no longer becomes her concern when a voice calls out behind her, "Chiharu!" Chiharu turns around with the puppy still safe in her arms to see her brother, reawakening the harsh winds and the continuation of the daisies dying. Realizing her anger has returned she whispers an incantation that makes the puppy disappear before her hands rest on either side of her as she continues to glare at him. "You promised!" She spits, making him flinch back but she wasn't backing down, "She's in a coma Koenma! A deep one! SHE WOULD'VE DIED IF I DIDN'T INTERFERE!" Koenma looks down ashamed before answering, "This was unplanned. It was never in her file, if the first driver didn't get extremely intoxicated or Yusuke didn't run out, the car would've missed Shuichi entirely." Chiharu glares at her brother and spits, "That's no excuse!" Before she turns away from him and growls, "Leave now!" Koenma looks at her incredibly sad with her reaction, seeing this makes him come to the conclusion that their brother and sister relationship is definitely damaged.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Meanwhile, in the hospital where Akina was delivered, Akina now resides in it comatose and on life support with her pale right hand being squeezed by her mum who cries over her, "My-my baby! Oh my poor baby! Come back!" Thirteen year old Yusuke was staring blankly at his mum's back still trying to process the information the Doctor had told them and his heart was in pain. His sister should be dead and is barely clinging to life. All of this to save him and some boy he was trying to help. 'If only I looked out for cars! Why didn't I do that!' Yusuke kept thinking to himself, continuously placing the blame on himself the more time he stays there. Young Keiko, who had come to the hospital as soon as she heard about what happened, she was beside Yusuke with her hands over her mouth to try and muffle her cries so she can hear the machine beeping to reassure her Akina is still alive and hasn't yet left this world.

And in a house a short distance away, Shiori was cradling her son as he was crying rivers of tears and trembling as the nights events finally register in his mind, causing his calm, arrogant and yet collective demeanor to come crashing down to unleash the dam of pain. Shiori was also saddened by hearing what had occurred after her son's birthday celebration and wanted to cry herself, but held herself back as she witnesses her son, who struggled finding friends and showing emotions, suddenly breakdown in front of her. She believed that she had to be strong for her son. "I...I w-want...t-to see her." Shuichi barely gets out as he cries on his mother's shoulder. Shiori looks at her son and says, "We'll go tomorrow okay?" He was disappointed to hear this but as he thinks it over, he recalls Akina's family rushing to the hospital and reminds himself of his current state and doesn't wish for strangers or people he knows to see him in such state, leading to him nodding in agreement whilst he tries to stop crying and regulate his breathing. 'Akina...please don't leave!' He mentally prays.

Meanwhile in an alleyway, a man was being beaten to a pulp whilst he begs to his attacker, "P-please!...Have m-mercy!...I...I didn't mean for that poor girl to get hit!" His attacker then tightly yanks his hair to slam his head against the brick wall behind him, before forcing his bloodied face to look at his attacker, who glares and hisses at him, "You shouldn't have been drinking and driving shouldn't you?!" The man ignores the metallic taste continuously invading his mouth as he manages to say, "The police have already taken my licence and I'm going to court! So leave me alone!" This angers his attacker as they use their free hand to pull out some handcuffs from their pocket before cuffing the man to a metal gate that leads to an abandon building, before they whistle, causing some crashing to be heard near the two. Panicked by this, the man turns to his attacker with wide eyes whilst yanking at the cuffs as he breathes out, "What the hell is that?" The attacker smirks and begins to walk off as they call back, "Bon appetit!" 

And with that said the air was filled with screaming but somehow no one nearby actually heard the screams but the attacker and a driver for a limo that the attacker was entering. "Drive." They order the driver, who nods with a blank look on their face and does as told, whilst the passenger picks up a pack of disinfectant wipes and starts to clean their pale hands. Just when they had cleaned all the blood off their hands, they feel a vibration in their brown trench coat's left pocket that rests against their left thigh clothed by black jeans. They let out a sigh before they take out the burner phone and answer the call after seeing the caller ID - Boss and says in a monotone, "It's done." And they listen for their bosses reply which came in a calm tone, "Good. Now come home, you have no more tasks to complete." And with that the call ends, making them sigh and order the driver, "Stop the car." The driver pulls over and puts on the breaks, allowing the passenger to safely get out to then drop the phone then crush it with their foot. "Was that necessary miss?" The driver asks from the open window of the limo, but he lets out a sigh as he receives no reply from her whilst she looks blankly up at the moon and whispers to herself, "How long will it be until I next see you?" The driver shakes his head and opens the glove department where an syringe with a green serum inside before taking it as he exits the limo and slowly approaches the woman before he swiftly injects the serum into her neck, causing her to turn to him in shock as she feels herself weakening and begins to fall forward into him. He catches her and watches as her once fire lit eyes that stare at him start to lose signs of life, before he picks her up bridal style and moves over to the boot of the limo and opens it to then tuck her in an empty body bag, to then zip it up before closing the boot. "Just another day of work." He sighs before making his way back to the driver's seat and drives off.