Chapter Fifty Eight

Akina's POV

Akina's POV

After ordering a coffee to take away from the café, I make my way over to the library I have yet to step inside. I look through the door to see large amounts of people inside, making me unable to tell who are the staff, who are the customers and what has possibly caused lots of people to fill up the library so much that you can barely see any of the books occupying the shelves. I heave a sigh out and mutter to myself, "Not today." I turn around and make my way over to Goro, who just exited the café after finally receiving his own take away coffee. "Is everything alright?" Goro asks as he nods towards the library when noticing I am heading straight towards him. I sigh and say, "I didn't go inside this time, because it seems to be very full." Goro gives me a small smile and says, "Maybe when we come back we can try again." I smile and nod, before we both begin to make our way back to the car.

I had eventually revealed to Goro how I have episodes that make me want to enter that small library and how I even see strange visions or hallucinations linked to said library. He is aware of my past with the location and understands why a part of me prevents me from entering alongside with why another part of me keep bringing me to it, but he agrees with me that it is odd that I have these episodes and hallucinations, which is why he tries to encourage me to enter the library before such things take over my mind.

Once in the car, Goro began driving us to his home where Lord Riku had arranged a portal for us that would go undetected by many. "I wonder what it will be like over there." I blurted out after taking a sip from my coffee. "Me too. But I have to admit I am nervous." Goro confesses, making me look to him and say, "You have nothing to worry about. This is your family's home, you'll probably get a warm welcome. If anything I should be nervous. I'm the girl that Chiharu had developed an obsession for, resulting in their lives being ruined, and I am going into a realm that may not be habitable for Humans." Goro shakes his head and says, "I know, but...what if you're wrong. What if my relatives don't like me, Akina? I was raised by my father for a few years to then live under as well as serve Chiharu, who as you pointed out ruined their lives." I gently place my hand on his shoulder as he continues to drive and calmly say, "Blood is thicker than water. And anyway Lord Riku looked like he was overjoyed to see you, so it is possible that your family understand your situation." A small smile appears on Goro's face before he says, "Thanks Akina."

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

When arriving at the house, we exit the car and enter the house. Goro locks the door before we then follow the Demonic energy that we can feel. It takes us down to the area where old man Akuma kept all the files, but in the far corner we are able to see a tall golden mirror stand with Lord Riku standing in front of it. He looks at us and asks, "Are you ready to come to my home?" I look to Goro who looks hesitant but nods, making me turn to Lord Riku and nod as well. Lord Riku makes his pointer finger glow before tapping the mirror, making the glass in the frame get replaced with a door. "Just open this door and take a step through and it should make you drop into my royal garden. Now, who's first?" I was about to take a step forward until Goro places his hand on my shoulder and looks at me with eyes begging for it to be him, making me nod and allow him to walk towards the door in the mirror frame. Goro looks at Lord Riku and asks, "Will anyone be waiting for us there?" To which Lord Riku calmly responds, "Just my servants. They will not treat you terribly, I promise." This makes him nod with a look of confidence on his face as he turns the door nob and pull it open to make him be greeted by just a blinding light as he steps forward and disappear from my sight.