Chapter Seventy

Akina's POV

Akina's POV

I am finishing up washing all the plates after breakfast, whilst Goro dries them. "Shall we train today?" Goro asks me as he finishes up drying one plate and puts it on the side. "We could ask Kenichi to help us." I look over to him and say, "Not this morning, Goro. I actually have some personal things to tend to." This leads to Goro turning to me and saying, "I thought you've already given Yusuke a lecture and a good hit in the head." I shake my head at him as I say, "I only had the heart to lecture him last night. He had enough blows to the head yesterday. Anyways I tended to his wounds this morning, before he decided to go off outside and train on his own." Goro tilts his head and asks, "But isn't his face still decorated in bandages?" I walk away from the sink and grab another tea towel as I reply, "Yusuke is stubborn and doesn't wish for me to use my healing abilities. But he did settle for plasters, gauze and such." Goro shrugs and says, "That's better than nothing." 

Kuwabara then emerges out of his room now fully dressed and ready for the day. "Hey has anyone seen, Urameshi? I didn't spot him when we were having breakfast." Kuwabara asks, leading to me saying, "He had breakfast before the rest of us as he wanted to pop out and train. I believe Hiei has also just left." Kuwabara nods and says, "Thanks, Akina." And with that he makes his way to the door whilst grumbling, "He shoulda left a note, the jerk!" I sigh and turn to Goro with a sheepish smile and ask, "You wouldn't mind following and maybe helping him find Yusuke? He could get lost, and well..." To which Goro catches on my train of thought and finishes my sentence by saying, "When he finds him, he may decide to engage in a stupid fight with him. I'm okay with that." I give him a side hug and say, "Thank you, you're a life saver." He chuckles as he removes himself from my hug and throws aside the towel, before then making his way to the door, calling over his shoulder, "You owe me one!"

I chuckle and turn back to the plates awaiting to be put away, until I hear a door open. I look over my shoulder to see Kurama exiting his room in fresh attire. He looks at me and pauses briefly, before his eyes seem to take in the surroundings. "Is it only just us both here?" Kurama calmly asks me, leading to me nodding before saying, "I have a proposal to make." He tilts his head at me but nods slightly, leading to me saying, "I propose that we both have a long awaited talk whilst the others are not with us." Kurama nods and says, "We can, but first I wish to watch today's fight so that I can learn about our next opponents." I nod in understanding as I turn back to the cupboards that I require to place the plates away. "Why don't you come with me?" I hear him ask, making me slowly turn to him to see if he meant what he said and that I was not hearing things. I see how he looks hopeful and sincere, just like all the times he has previously asked me to join him in things. I smile and nod. "Let's go."

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Third Person's POV

The Puppet Master was sat before a mirror, just staring at their reflection in silence. They are completely still in all forms of movement, one would believe them to be dead, but they aren't. A hand appears on their right shoulder, causing them to place theirs where it rests. "What are you hopping for?" A female voice asks from behind them. "None of your business, devil." The Puppet Master responds with no obvious indication of emotion in their strange voice. Suddenly another hand appears, but placed on top of the Puppet Master. "When will all of this end?" Another female voice sobs out from behind the Puppet Master, who in response punches the mirror, making it shatter. They then stand up and move away from the dressing table, and instead make their way over to a large dusty chest. They open the lid and stare at what sits inside, which is a golden scroll encased in dark purple energy. "Soon." The Puppet Master says. "Soon this will all end, and the bitch won't know what's coming her way."