Chapter Fifty Five

Akina's POV

Akina's POV

Goro and I decide to make our way over to my house, especially as my mother had called me to convince me to invite Goro over for dinner so that she can meet him. But then I sense someone nearby and by the looks of Goro's face going alert, he senses them too. We both pause in our steps and begin to assess our surroundings, which is then we notice a cloaked figure standing on top of an apartment next to us. They wave at us before leaping off from that apartment and onto another that had less stories, before then leaping over to an apartment roof that had evacuation stairs at the side of the building and begins to slowly walk down them. When reaching the bottom they raise their arms and speak in a distorted voice, "Do not be alarmed. I'm not hear to start a fight." As they got closer I am able to see that the person's face is covered by a white mask with blue stripes painted under each eyes like tears. "Who are you?" Goro growls at them, to which they answer, "I am called Executioner. I am hear to tell you, Akina Urameshi, have been invited alongside your brother and his friends to the Dark Tournament. However, you are under the condition made by my boss that you must keep your participation hidden from the rest of your team member." This makes me ask, "And how will I do that if we are on the same team?" To which they respond, "You will be the back up fighter that will take part if another team member dies or for whatever reason is unable to participate, as another fighter by the name of Genkai has been invited." They then hold out a box towards me and says, "A token from my boss." 

Once I take hold of the box Executioner disappears from our sight, making us both survey the area, before coming to a safe conclusion they have left. "What are we going to do Akina?" Goro asks me as he stare at me with worry. I pull out my phone and begin to dial a number whilst I answer, "We're going to have to meet up with this Genkai. But first I need to make a call to my mother."

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Third person's POV

"NO!" Chiharu yells as she throws away a white mask that had rose cheeks painted on it along with purple tears to the floor, causing it to shatter. "I thought I scared them off. How could I have failed to notice this?!" She huffs to herself as she stares down at a note in front of her that made her emerald eyes blaze with anger. "I better get Goro and Akina back here and keep them here." She huffs as she rushes into her library and pulls out a spell book as she continues speaking to herself, "Even if I have to lock them up so that they don't leave." Suddenly another feminine voice speaks out, "Just like you did with your daughter, Cruel Bitch?"

Chiharu snaps her head around to see the mighty Dog Demon, Hitomi Demoda, who stands in the doorway with a smirk on her face, clearly proud of her insult. "Why are you here, spoiled mutt?!" Chiharu snaps at Hitomi as she has no patience to tolerate her former sister in law. Hitomi takes a step forward as she replies, "I saw something interesting today, and decided to look into it. And imagine my surprise when I see you smashing a mask that looks strikingly familiar to the one worn by a figure that has been causing quite a lot of trouble for the past few years." Hitomi is now standing right in front of the annoyed former princess of Spirit World with eyes that demand to be acknowledged as the dominant one as she says, "Tell me what you know of these masked figures." Chiharu glares straight back at the Dog princess who is slightly smaller than her as she scowls and asks, "Or what?" Hitomi smirks and says, "Or I can let slip your location to Spirit World. Wouldn't you say my brother has been generous to ensure that none of our people let slip that we know where you are cowering?"