Chapter Seventeen

In Spirit World red lights are flashing and an alarm was blaring, capturing the attention of many soldiers in said world, but they are having problems handing the problem as many of them can be found either dead or passed out on the floor, whilst ...

In Spirit World red lights are flashing and an alarm was blaring, capturing the attention of many soldiers in said world, but they are having problems handing the problem as many of them can be found either dead or passed out on the floor, whilst one conscious solider is currently getting chocked by an intruder but he manages to choke out, "Code red!" This encourages the intruder to continue whilst two familiar figures remain behind him and one speaks to the violent member, "Okay Gouki, that's enough." Followed by the other member adding, "Yes, our time is short." Gouki looks over at the two before throwing his victim violently to the floor before running out of the room with his two comrades, but all three of them pause when they sense a very powerful presence nearby. They look to where they believe the source is and see a silhouette of a female standing near them and seems to be looking at them, but yet they can not see any of her features. Gouki growls, "Who are you?!" In response an airy voice that sounds like more than one person with various tones of both genders reply, "I am someone, but who I am is none of your concern for you will never have the chance to learn unlike your accomplices." This confuses the three males and upsets Gouki as he hisses back, "What do you mean, and show yourself you coward!" The figure releases giggles before replying, "How can I reveal myself when I'm not actually here? Also, why threat with my presence when you should be focused on escaping? Do you wish to shorten your life expectancy?" Gouki tried to walk over to the figure but pauses when he notices they have disappeared, making the other two males wonder, 'Who was that?'

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

It had been a long while since Yusuke had graced his twin with his living self and the two are happy that they are both alive and can still spend time together. But whilst Akina continues to rest in hospital patiently waiting for any visitor, Yusuke is getting awakened by his paranoid mother, "Yusuke? Yusuke, wake up. Please! Yusuke don't leave me!" Yusuke finally opens his eyes to see his panicking mother and says, "Jeez, what's the deal?" His mother breaths out, "You're back. Thank goodness." Yusuke was indeed annoyed at all this attention as Akina is still in hospital battling for her life still, but Yusuke accepts the fact that he was the one to pass away first. But he did come back. "Yes mother I'm alive just like yesterday." Yusuke responds to his crying mother, he then checks his alarm clock. "Don't normal people sleep at six?" His mother cries back, "But...But I had a dream you asked to go away again because of me!" These dreams came to her mind after she saw Yusuke go out of his own way in order to be there for his twin, whilst she went off and focussed on strangers and only her son. She started fearing that her son would leave as a result of her not visiting her dying daughter.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Whilst Yusuke was forced to endure school, Akina was getting a surprised visit from a certain red head during his own school hours. "Shuichi?" Akina gasps in shock as said boy enters the room with a gentle smile and a new bouquet of roses in his hand. He replaces the dead flowers before he sits down in the chair beside her bed and speaks, "Good morning Akina, it's been a while." She smiles but still shows shock on her face as she reaches her arms out for a hug, and as he accepts it she says, "I'm surprised to see you, shouldn't you be at school?" He chuckles and responds, "Can't I not surprise you after failing to visit you for a while? And if you are worried about my studies, then don't worry I have it all covered." Akina smiles before flinching as she feels an overwhelming headache take place, making Kurama look at her greatly concerned as he lightly squeezes her hand and asks, "Are you alright?" She mouths the word yes, but after a look from her caring friend made her sigh and whisper, "It's just a headache, I'll live. Don't worry." In hearing this Kurama rushes for a glass of water and encourages her to drink it whilst asking, "Shall I go ask the nurse for some pain killers?" Akina looks over to him with some tears and whispers, "If that's okay with you, please?" This makes Kurama's heart start to ache as he sees the tears and asks, "Does it truly hurt that much?" She looks at him and only says, "It's not your fault."

Kurama lets go of her hand before making his way out of the room in search for Akina's nurse, whilst thoughts enter his mind. 'I now have the Forlorn Hope, Akina. Please just wait for me, and soon all the pain will be gone. I promise.' "Hello sir, how can I help you?" Akina's nurse asks as she notices Kurama's presence after she exits the nurse station. Kurama snaps out of his thoughts and begins to question her about painkillers, unaware that Akina has recieved a strange vision in her mind: A demon with bloodlust in his eyes and two men behind him, one with raven hair and the other with red appear in her mind, and she hears a conversation between the demon filled with bloodlust and someone she can't see. "Who are you?!" In response an airy voice that sounds like more than one person with various tones of both genders reply, "I am someone, but who I am is none of your concern for you will never have the chance to learn unlike your accomplices." This confuses the three males and upsets the bloodthirsty demon as he hisses back, "What do you mean, and show yourself you coward!" The figure releases giggles before replying, "How can I reveal myself when I'm not actually here? Also, why threat with my presence when you should be focused on escaping? Do you wish to shorten your life expectancy?" And with that the vision disappears and makes Akina gasp as she absorbs what she saw and asks herself, 'Who were those people with Shuichi? Why did they need to escape and from what?' This did not help with her headache at all and made more tears form as she clutches her head and groans, "It hurts!" And at that moment Kurama and the nurse rush in with painkillers for her.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Yusuke is annoyed. He was going to pay his sister another visit after school, but no Koenma assigned him another mission. He has to search for three thieves, capture them and return the items they stole. So much work. And what was worse is that he was given a suppose time limit, but he won't give up. He has been searching all day, thankfully he got to miss school (in his opinion), he even got to stay out of trouble that teachers would purposefully cause to make him miserable, but it was now getting dark, meaning school had long since ended and Akina must have realised he wouldn't be coming. He only wishes there was something that could give them away, and then there it was; a soul seemed to have vacated a child and was going somewhere, he follows it far and wide before nearing the edge of the woods and notices that it was raining but  there seems to be a spotlight in an area within the woods, making him decide to go in and investigate.

In said area Gouki chuckles and the familiar voice of Hiei speaks, "Yes, this is perfect." He then flashes around the area that they are residing in as he practices his swordsmanship with the dark artefact in his hand and successfully demolishes a tree and seems to create a red winged demon from the remnants of the tree. "If the sword can make demons from trees, just think what it'll make from humans. I say we go to the next big city and carb out a thousand of them. Imagine raising an entire demon army!" Gouki laughs at his idea and says, "I like the way you think, Hiei. If we teach them to eat souls, I even know how we'll feed them all...The Orb of Baast!" He laughs more before Hiei adds to their plan, "And once the moon becomes full, we can use Kurama's weapon and supposedly get complet control. Isn't that right?" Kurama, who had been quiet the entire time, resting on a tree, decides to move away from the tree and speak to the two demons he formed an alliance with, "Sorry. I must withdraw from this alliance."