Chapter Thirty Two

"Intruders will pay for coming this far into my territory

"Intruders will pay for coming this far into my territory." Byakko grunts out as he glares at the five fighters that stand far across from him and roars. "It's huge!" Kuwabara gawks. "It's a pity they don't have him at the zoo." Yusuke adds whilst glaring back at the beast. Akina says, "Nah it's a blessing. He roars too much." Hiei allows a small smile on his face and says, "I'll go." Kuwabara was not happy with his announcement, as he leans in real close to Hiei and shouts, "Back off! Didn't I say I'd take the next one?!" Hiei smile disappears as the team watch Kuwabara slowly and shakily march a couple steps forward. Byakko growls again, causing Kuwabara to freeze and listen to the angry tiger's words, "Do not think you're dominant because you tore up Genbu. He was weak! He could talk to the Demons in the city by prowling through the castle wall. That is why we didn't kill him ourselves. But I a real beast, I have been caged in this place for too long. Without prey, without bones, without blood! Until now. HUMANS, I WILL RIP YOU APART AND EAT YOU MYSELF!" He yells out at the end. "Gee how nice." Yusuke says sarcastically.

Byakko leans forward and looks to the Fire Demon and Fox Demon and addresses them, "Hiei! Kurama!" The pair narrow their eyes at the beast, "I'll feed your body to the Fugaki!" And then he releases an extremely loud roar that shook the castle even more and make pieces fall even more. This affected the bridge Kuwabara stood on as it began to thin out more and more, thankfully Kuwabara didn't fall with the rubble. When everything settled Yusuke says with a raised voice, "Apparently he likes breaking things with the sound of his own voice." Akina then asks her twin, "Do you think the other two will complain about him being noisy and always causing damage to their home?" Kurama accidently nocks a small rock that falls off the edge, triggering Byakko to say, "It's a long trip to the ground. I'll send you all down there, unless you come and fight me.  Of course your weak bodies will be broken either way." Kuwabara shouts back, "You monster! He thinks he's so tough!" He was about to carelessly leap forward, until Yusuke grabs him by the shoulder and tries to reason with him, "Kuwabara..." But Kuwabara whacks him away from him and shouts, "Get off!" Kurama and Akina catch Yusuke before he could fall and the three of them have a raised eyebrow. "Damn it." Yusuke whines.

"You really think you can beat him." Hiei states in a condescending tone, causing Kuwabara to look at him and reply, "Well of course, half pint! In fact, I'm not scared at all." He runs his hand through his hand, not seeing Akina smirking at him with her brow still raised as she says, "So, I guess your legs are shaking out of eagerness." And everyone could see his legs shaking out of fear, but of course Kuwabara would not admit his fears. He instead glares at her and shouts, "Leave me alone, Akina! I'm just scared of heights!" Everyone frowned at him, not amused by his words at all. Yusuke grits his teeth as he says, "This isn't the time to pretend your tough." Kuwabara looks over his shoulder and shouts, "I said leave me alone!"

Kuwabara then continues his walk to the arena shakily, whilst Byakko looks at them with an unimpressed look and snarls, "You don't believe you can overpower me with just one human, do you?!" After this, Kuwabara had finally reaches the centre of the crumbled battle ring and raises his fist in the air as he challenges the beast, "Let's fight Byakko monster!" Byakko's right eye was twitching at first before he suddenly bursts into laughter and says, "Oh please, I can't stay angry if you make me laugh." This makes Kuwabara shout back at him, "I'm serious! Come down here so I can knock your lights out!" Byakko finishes his laughing fit and leans forward to get eye contact with Kuwabara as he speaks, "Stop it. I can tear you into little pieces with nothing but the hairs on my mane." Kuwabara mocks the beast back, "Oh really?!" He cracks his knuckles and watches as Byakko pull out some stands of his mane and blow on the strands, making them leave his hand fly around Kuwabara, who flinches for a moment, before looking to where the strands have stopped, which was in front of him. The strands immitted a bright light, before transforming into four green beasts that land around him. 'I guess he wasn't joking about the hair!' Kuwabara thinks as he stares at the creatures in fear and shock.

"These beasts are a small part of myself." Byakko reveals as the creatures release their own growls at Kuwabara. "Like me, they are hungry and you're a perfect source of meat. They don't like sharing either, so you may be in the middle of a little tug of war." The giant white tiger taunts. Suddenly, one of those creatures launches itself at Kuwabara and successfully scratches up said teen's chest. "Kuwabara!" The Urameshi twins shout worriedly as Kuwabara struggles to remain standing. "That was a freebie." Kuwabara grunts out, before his left hand grabs his right wrist and powers up his Spirit Energy and shouts, "SPIRIT SWORD!" And with that said weapon is summoned. Byakko looks at him surprised and says, "Ah, so you can use your Spirit Energy as a weapon. Very impressive, but I'm afraid it won't aid in your survival for very long!" After he finishes, his monster engage in attacking Kuwabara. Said teen runs at them and slashes his sword at one of them, but it manages to claw at him from above. "Oh no! He is dead!" Yusuke breaths out.

The green beasts continue to attack Kuwabara from all angles, while he tries to land a hit on them with his Spirit Sword. "Get your back against the wall!" Yusuke shouts to Kuwabara, who ignores his words as he runs at the beast shouting, "Come here!" And he continues to swing his sword. Akina shakes her head and grunts out, "He lacks strategy. Just swinging his sword won't help him win." Akina says as she stares at her Human friend with concern. Hiei looks to her in the corner of his eye and agrees, "Indeed. He is just swinging his sword with the grace of a flyswatter, that's no way to survive!"

Kuwabara then falls to his knees out of exhaustion, making him vulnerable to more attacks from the creatures. "Kuwabara!" Yusuke shouts. "Let me take him instead. I know you want to fight this one, but there is way too many of those things for you to swing a sword at! My shotgun blast just makes more sense!" His tone then turns into one of pleading as he doesn't want his friend to die, "Come on, Kuwabara, please!" But Kuwabara doesn't say anything back as he is occupied with the beasts slashing at him. This makes Byakko laugh. "If you're going to take the time to switch, you might as well all fight me at once. After all, nothing brings me more pleasure than a big group kill." He taunts everyone. "That's it Kuwabara, I don't care if you agree or not, we're going to help!" Yusuke shouts, before getting ready to step in, but is stopped as Kuwabara finally speaks to Yusuke, "Stay right there! I'm not asking for help, and if you come up here, I swear I'll turn this sword on you! I'm no wimp Urameshi, and I'm not stopping unless Byakko comes and kills me himself!" Kurama notices the dark look that has fallen upon Akina's face and her clenched fists, making him gently place his hands on the closest fist to him and unclench it so he can hold her hand to offer her comfort. "Don't say that..." Yusuke breaths out miserably.

"Ah, if that's your choice of death, then fine." Byakko says accepting Kuwabara's words, before he then addresses his creations, "Beasts. You may now tear off his arms and legs and divide them amongst them yourselves. But leave the body for me so I can finish him." The beasts then increase their speed as they chase the Human running from them, who shouts over his shoulder, "Sorry monsters, but you can't! Genkai just fixed these arms and I'm not breaking them again." More cuts were decorating his already injured body as they manage to leap at him. Yusuke couldn't bare to watch this anymore as he runs halfway up the ramp. Akina, Hiei and Kurama gasp but stay where they are. "Hey, don't die from being stubborn you dope, let me take over!" Yusuke yells in desperation. "There's no way you can beat all four of those beasts by swinging your sword around! Think about it!" Kuwabara looks over and breathes out, "He's right..." Yusuke shouts again, "Kuwabara!"

A small pause follows after, before Kuwabara suddenly exclaims in realisation, "He's right!" He then suddenly he sprints towards the direction of his team, with the monsters right on his tail. Byakko laughs in satisfaction and speaks, "After all of that, he's finally had enough sense to retreat, but it's too late now. Go on, you beasts! Chase him back to his friends and eat them all!" Yusuke and Akina brace themselves in response, prepared for battle. Kuwabara nearly reaches the group as he looks to Byakko with a small smile and asks, "Who in the world said anything about escaping?" This makes the rest of the group curious to the meaning behind Kuwabara's words. "Sword, get longer!" He aims his Spirit Sword towards the creatures that are charging towards the thin bridge and yells, "EAT THIS!" At this moment the sword does indeed extend its length rapidly and goes straight through each of the small beasts, stopping them in their tracks.