Chapter Eleven

The Present

The Present

It was a calm casual morning, people were buzzing around the pedestrian paths whilst cars drive past them, until a screech is heard coming from the road, making everyone turn to look at the source and see a ball bounce off the road as a teenage boy pushes a small boy away from the screeching car, before it then hits the raven haired teen. All goes quiet as everyone tries to absorb what has occurred until they start running over to the motionless body on the road. "We better call in for an ambulance!" Calls out a panicked man in a yellow jumper and a man wearing a red cap near him nods before running off to get help. The driver of the car falls to his knees staring at the body as he stammers, "I...I am sorry...I swear I di-didn't mean to-it was an accident."

Whilst people surround the body, up in the air a fourteen year old Yusuke Urameshi wakes up and widens his eyes as he realises he is floating upside down in the sky, making him cry, "GAAAAAAAAAAGH!" And waves his arms as his floating self starts to go down, before he manages to float back up and go upright. He then starts hitting the sides of his face whilst he floats in the air before looking down to see his unmoving body bellow him, making him cry out again. Meanwhile in the hospital, a now fourteen year old Akina Urameshi awakes with a start on her hospital bed, finding it difficult to breath and experiencing pain in the left side of her chest, "Argh!" The girl groans, alerting her nurse, who was coming in with the girl's lunch. She quickly puts down the tray before rushing over to the girl asking, "Are you alright Akina dear? Shall I call the doctor?" The girl squeezes her eyes shut before tears escape them, making the nurse more concerned as the girl cries, "No! Not another person I love! Please don't take him as well! YUSUKE!!!" These cries makes the nurse run out to call for the doctor assigned to Akina Urameshi as quick as possible, whilst the female teen continues to cry and ignore the physical pain she's undergoing. Especially after she had just lost Emi.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

It had been a week since Akina had woken up and everyone kept visiting her except for Emi, causing Akina to worry for the girl. One day when Yusuke and Keiko had come to visit her and had even brought ramen from Keiko's family restaurant, believing that the hospital food is making her health worse, unaware of the strange events that had occurred between Shiori and Akina whilst she was unconscious, so they brought delicious homemade ramen in hopes it will somehow improve her health. "Hi Akina, look at what me and Yusuke brought." Akina weakly smiles before saying, "Thanks guys." Yusuke smiles and gently places the steaming hot bowl in front of her and helps snap her chopsticks, before placing it in her still pale hands, whilst Keiko flicks through channels on the TV hanging in the corner of her room and stops on the news that shows a burnt down building. 

"This is Kabuto Han reporting from Neho Dojo, which has sadly been burnt to the ground presumably overnight." At hearing this Akina stops her attempt to eat the ramen and stare at the TV screen in shock as she remembers the name of the Dojo that she once worked at under Emi. "Police and Firefighters have searched the grounds and have found one body, who has been identified as Ubukata Emi-" And with that Keiko quickly turns off the TV as both Yusuke and her look at the saddened girl, who begins to sob, making Yusuke pull his twin into a hug. "I di-dn't g-get to sa-say goodbye or even s-see her!" And Yusuke couldn't bare to see how his twin was after discovering someone she loves has passed and swore never to let that happen to her again.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

'Okay this is weird, stupid weird.' Yusuke thinks as he finally manages to get on the ground near his body. He then reaches out to touch it, but stops when he hears the sound that still haunts him today, ambulance sirens. The ambulance had parked on a lane of the road slightly away from the body, catching everyone's attention, especially when one of the paramedics shouts as he gets out, "Alright people clear the way!" The paramedic running in front of him stops in front of Yusuke's body says, "Right, here's one." Before he kneels beside the body to then pull out a small torch to inspect the body, whilst another paramedic was looking over scratches that were on a little boys head, who was near the body. "Besides a few scratches, this boy looks just fine." The paramedic reports just as the little boy presumes crying, making the paramedic by Yusuke's body grumble, "Well at least one of them is." This makes Yusuke yell, "Hey!" Before he then looks on confused as to why the paramedic has ignored him, and watches as two of them set his body on a stretcher whilst grumbling, "I hate clean up." 'Did Akina also go through this when...?' Yusuke mentally tries to question himself but flinches at the memory of the accident. "Hey, I'm right here!" Yusuke attempts to get their attention again as he witnesses them lift the stretcher and one of the paramedics order, "Cover this guy up, and take the little boy." They then walk off, which Yusuke was not happy with as he calls out, "Woah! You think you could do just whatever you want, because you've got that stupid uniform on!?" He follows the paramedic, who was barking orders, with his fist raised and clenched. "You can't just take me off! LISTEN TO ME!" He shouts just as he throws a punch, just to discover his fist went straight through the paramedic's head, then for his whole body...or soul, go tumbling through him.

He was now once again upside down in the sky, watching as the ambulance drove away whilst thinking, 'Well that wasn't normal. Okay Yusuke just think! It's not like this is the first time you've been in a jam! Today did start off different...'

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

He then thinks back to this morning, where he was on the roof of Sarayashiki Junior High ignoring all the announcements that were blaring through the speaker and was thinking about when he should next visit his twin as he hadn't visited her yesterday or the day before, and if he was going to visit her, would he bring her anything and if so then what. These thoughts are interrupted however, when he hears the roof door open, making him look to the side to see a brunette girl he knew very well. "Hey, nice skirt."