Chapter Forty One

The last remaining Saint Beast destroys the glass orb he had been using to watch the intruders of his home

The last remaining Saint Beast destroys the glass orb he had been using to watch the intruders of his home. "This ceases to be entertaining. These nothings are ruining my plans!" He speaks out with agitation laced in his voice as he clenches his fist around some of the orbs shards. After his words are said, a green female blue with some feathers of yellow, blue and purple flies to the window of the tower he is in and speaks, "Suzaku~ I'm back!" She flies in all cheery unaware of her master's irritation. Suzaku looks over his shoulder and asks, "What is it?" To which the bird replies in the same cheery and squeaky voice, "You sound gloomy. Guess I don't need to ask if the guests are still here." She then starts giggling. "That's true Murugu, all my men have been killed. Now go away." He speaks with gloom hanging over him and not appreciating the behaviour and attitude Murugu has just displayed to him. "Not just yet. I have gathered the information you requested on Yusuke Urameshi." Murugu says as she flies further into the room, leading her master to a large screen that glows as she begins relaying her information, "It turns out our boy wonder has few friends, but one great weakness." Then the large screen shows the image of Keiko. "Her name is Keiko Yukimura and she's very close to Yusuke's heart." 

"She is pretty." Suzaku says, making Murugu turn to him and giggles again before saying, "I suppose so. The important part is he'll do anything to save her." Suzaku then moves the whistle close to his mouth as he says, "Good, then why don't we test his concentration? How well will he fight in Maze Castle while back on the Earth, his dear Keiko screams in agony? I know the perfect song to play on this Makai whistle. It's titled, Pray lu to Keiko's suffering. In A minor." (Sorry if I got it wrong but it is hard to tell what he says when all you have is the English dub available.) And with that he begins to play on the whistle.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Botan and Goro were running through always before pausing as they see more infected start charging at them, causing Goro to grab Botans hand and use his Demon speed to get them out of their safely. "Listen to me Koenma, I have to abort this mission. The Humans infected by the Makai insects are starting to work together and their numbers are continuing to grow!" Botan starts reporting to her communicator as she lets the Dog Demon drag her around away from danger. "Understood. Get yourself to higher ground, Botan! I can't afford to lose you now!" Koenma's voice shouts back through the communicator. "My thoughts exactly!" Botan says before suddenly tripping over something that she had failed to notice, making her fall to the ground. Goro stops to help her, before the two stop all movements when realising that their are infected on either side of them. 

Whilst hearing Koenma scream more orders at Botan Goro glares at the infected before him and begins to summon his Demonic Energy for a harmless attack that will save the two, but then his ear twitches as he hears something. His eyes widen when he sees the infected also seem to hear the noise he can hear and watches with confusion and worry as the infected suddenly decide to leave them alone. "The whistle..." Goro whispers out, whilst Botan stands up and stares at the leaving figures confused. "Where do they think they're going?" She asks, making Goro enhance his vision and he spots a school in the direction they are heading, making him point to the building quite a distance from them and says, "I believe they are heading to that school building." Botan gasps and reveals, "That's Yusuke's Middle School. But why are they going there?" Goro looks over his shoulder to her and says, "I don't know. Let's go find out."

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

At Sarayashiki Junior High School was Keiko conversing with a teacher. "Miss Yukimura, you're still at school?" The teacher asks when seeing her in the hallway he was walking down. "Yes Mr Iwamoto." Keiko replies. "Go on home and get some sleep, our big test is tomorrow. You want to score high and boost our school's rating don't you?" Mr Iwamoto says to the girl, who says in response, "Just as soon as I finish my student council work, sir." In hearing this he says, "Fine. Having news on Urameshi? I noticed he's skipped for several days." He stares at Keiko, hoping she will provide him the answers he wants. "I don't know anything about him." She responds with a thrown on her face as she was frustrated by his disappearances more than anyone, and she couldn't seem to find his twin either. "Perfect. He's a roach Yukimura, I'd hate for you to be infected with his disease." He says with a smirk on his face before he starts to walk away from the girl, unaware of a certain insect that had perched itself on his shoulder. "Yes sir." Keiko responds and uses his leave to her advantage as she sticks his tongue at him, aware that he couldn't see such action. The insect then decides to crawl up the teachers neck and into his ear, beginning the dangerous infection close to it's new target.

Keiko had done as she had told him in the student council office. "These fliers will be perfect." She says to herself with a content smile on her face as she stares at her finished work. However, that smile falls from her face as she hears the door open quite quickly, making her turn to face a now infect Mr Iwamoto. "Mr Iwamoto? You look pale." She states with worry in her tone. But her words hold no meaning to the infected creature, who now sneers at the girl, "I...said you need to get some sleep!" Keiko stares at him in fear and hesitantly replies, "O...kay." The infected releases a brow and raises his clenched fist and digs his nails into his hands, making the girl see a small splash of blood come out, before the teacher throws his fist back to prepare to hit her, and thankfully she dodges to the side, causing the fist to punch through a window. This makes her fall the floor behind the infected man and stare at him in fear as she realises what he had done, this fuels her to get up and run out of the room to escape from the school as she no longer deemed it safe. 

'Something is very very wrong here.' She thinks to herself as she exits the building, but then skids to a stop and gasps at the sight in front of her. At the entrance of the school grounds were a group of infected that she definitely wasn't going to get passed. She could him them growl out her last name, truly scaring her. She chooses to run to the side of the school grounds in hopes of getting away to them and was sadly being followed by them.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

As she did this Suzaku sat in a chair before his screen that displayed the Human girl running for her life as he continued to play the instrument that was causing all of this. Unaware that his faithful colourful bird had failed to inform him that she couldn't learn anything of the girl that was amongst the male intruders, and that she couldn't find out why she couldn't find anything.

Which sends us back to a certain Dog Demon lord, who sits before his multiple mirrors, but now another servant stands behind him with their head bowed as they say, "I have done as you have asked, my lord." Riku turns to him and says, "You have done well, thank you. You may go now." And with that the servant leaves Riku to watch the scenes play out before him. He chuckles and says, "It's pitiful how Suzaku and his followers are feared, when they are easily taken down by people who know little to nothing of them and their messenger bird can't retrieve all the information that he requires. Why Spirit World fears them is beyond me."