Chapter Twenty Seven

The pair had done something that would surprise many

The pair had done something that would surprise many. Akina had somehow developed much more knowledge and power and was able to use these new abilities to clean up the top floor and make it look as if the pair had never investigated it or killed anything that lived inside it. Goro had made food and drinks for the two to have whilst sharing their findings with one another, along with a plan that Akina had made after see what her story had shown her. Chiharu had returned to her home unaware of the changes that had occurred in her home or the secrets that had been exposed. She truly believed that all of their day off, the pair had slacked off. "Tomorrow we have plenty of training to do before Akina goes home." Was what Chiharu said to them after they had lied about their day, which was then met with Akina asking, "I thought that when I go, I could take Goro with me as a way of improving his own training, if that's okay with you?" But got instantly shot down as Chiharu says, "Absolutely not. The world is too much for Goro's innocent and weak mind." If only she was aware what her words had made Goro think and feel.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Akina's POV

It had been over a month or so since that day. I was now back home, waiting for Yusuke to return from his training so we can have twin quality time. There was a knock on the door, causing both me and mother to make our way to the door and open it to see Keiko. "Morning Keiko, long time no see." I greet her and pull her into a hug. "Welcome back, Akina. When did you come back?" Keiko asks me as she pulls out of the hug. "Late last night. So I apologise for not calling you early this morning to let you know." Keiko shakes her head and says, "That's alright. Also it wouldn't be fair if you prioritised me over your mother, who kept calling you whenever you could pick up." This made the three of us laugh, until Keiko says, "If you're here and dressed up for a day out, then Yusuke must be back also." Me and mother turn to each other before looking back at her and shake our heads. "What he still isn't back? And he hasn't told you why? I just don't think it's very considerate." Keiko complains to us, making my mother shrug as she replies, "Well, today makes six months. Yusuke swears it's something important." Keiko sighs, "I know, but..." But before she could continue to complain mother speaks, "He gives me a phone call every couple of weeks so I know he's still alive. I wish he would tell me what kind of camp he's in, but that's Yusuke for you." Keiko sighs again and says, "Oh Atsuko, I wonder if it's even worth waiting for him." Both mine and my mother's eyes widen at her words as we both come to the conclusion that this girl fancies my brother.

I gently place my hand on her shoulder and say, "Cheer up Keiko, I'm certain Yusuke will return. After all he did promise that we would both have twin time. But in the meantime, how about we hang out?" Keiko tilts her head to the side making me chuckle and say, "I have a feeling that if we go out together, Yusuke is bond to turn up." Keiko agrees with me and mother was happy with my decision as it meant she could do whatever in the house, whether it is smoking, drinking or hiding any rubbish she didn't clean before I came home.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Keiko and I are walking down the streets and Keiko started to complain to me, "It's easy for your mum to be positive but not me, since mothers are obligated to care." I raise my eyebrow at her and say, "My Keiko, I have never seen this side of you. Dose my brother's absence bother you that much?" She looks down at the ground as we continue to walk, but I sense a presence that makes a smile appear on my face as I finally see Yusuke not fare from us and is even walking our way. I stop and make Keiko stop, making her look at me confused until I point in front of us. She looks where I am pointing and gasps as her mind processes who we are looking at.

In front of us was in deed my twin in a tank top and jeans with scratches all over his body, but he clearly doesn't acknowledge them as he greets us with a goofy smile and says, "Long time no see, huh?" I smirk and say, "Well it's about time." And Keiko finally snaps out of whatever daze she was in as she smiles and greets, "Yu-yusuke!" I chuckle as she hugs him, before moving away so I can hug him. Once I pull away I say, "Let's get you home so you can change your appearance and so mother can acknowledge you are back."

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

After we had made him go home, he got his hair trimmed and wore his green uniform before Keiko announced that the three of us should go out and hang out. To which Yusuke and I agreed, and now the two of us sit on a bench chilling, whilst Keiko is picking what milkshakes the three of us should have. But shortly we were joined by Kuwabara, causing a change in our original ice cream order and leading to me joining Keiko in ordering the milkshakes. Whilst we were waiting for our order Keiko chose to interrogate me about my absence, "So where did you go to again?" I look at her and calmly reply, "I went to a healing retreat for people who had been in a coma for a long time. I got to meet others in similar or different situations to me, you know like adapting to the fact myself and everyone around me has changed and such." Keiko nods and gives me a kind smile as she says, "It's good to know that you were getting support. Did you make any friends whilst you were there? I mean I understand if you didn't because..." I instantly interrupt her knowing who she was talking about, "Yes I did, his name is Goro and he's thinking of moving here." Keiko squeals and asks, "You made friends with a boy? What's he like?"

Thankfully, I didn't need to answer those questions as our order was done and given to us, making us then walk over to my brother and Kuwabara, making us hear Kuwabara say, "Ooooo, now that's what I wanna see." This makes Keiko ask, "See what?" The boys then jump as they didn't realise that we were right in front of them and were clearly trying to come up with a lie, as Keiko has not been exposed to the truth yet and Kuwabara is unaware of how I am already apart of the truth. "Oh ah...yeah!" Yusuke suddenly wears a wide smile as he exclaims at us. "Kuwabara was telling me he wanted to see a movie, right?" He looks to Kuwabara for help, who nods with a smile and says, "Yeah...movies, I love them!" And Keiko buys it as she smiles at the pair and says, "Oh, I know a great foreign art film." Clearly this reaction was unexpected as I see my brother's smile seems more strained along with Kuwabara's. "Oh! Great." Yusuke says before the two boys release a sigh of relief. 

But before we all start heading for the movies my phone goes off, making me look at them and say, "Sorry, give me a sec." I then move a bit away from them before answering the phone and say, "Hello Goro, is everything alright?" Goro responds, "Meet me at your apartment, something concerning is happening." I hum and respond, "I'm on my way." I hang up and make my way back to the three and say, "Sorry, but I can't go with you guys to the movies. Something's come up." They all look at me confused and Keiko asks, "Is everything ok?" I shrug and reply, "I am unsure, all Goro could say to me is that he and is family have had something come up that requires my support." Keiko gasps and says, "Oh my! Well go and be there for him, we can hang out another time." I nod and leave, ignoring my brother calling out to me, "HEY! WHO THE HELL IS GORO!?"