Chapter 83

Melinda drove down the road happily singing tonight is a going to be a good night while tapping on the palms of her hands on the steering wheel. She thought how her visit to Calvin's office made her so euphoric she might just forgive Pete for his disrespectful behavior earlier.

Maybe.

I may not be in as much of a forgiving mood when I get home later she mused. Maybe he needs to spend the next month doing the dishes and scrubbing toilets to help his attitude.

Too bad he is too big spank. He needs some sense beat into him.

The phone then rang and she saw the name Loser on the console screen. A smile of pure delight crossed her face as she thought Took him long enough.

She hit the accept button on the console and said "Yes, Calvin."

"How dare you tell my boss that I abandoned you and the kids." Calvin said beyond irritated.

"Because that is what you did Calvin." Melinda said.

"I did not abandon my family." She could almost him grinding his teeth. "I moved out but I did not abandon you and the kids and I certainly did not leave you destitute." He seethed with a righteous fury. "I am the one paying the mortgage, the insurance on five cars, health insurance for you and the kids, Christine's tuition, Lael's and Pete's college tuition, the electric bill, the water bill, the cable and the internet, your cell phones."

Melinda rolled her eyes.

"What else do you want from me?" Calvin's voice cracked with frustration.

"To come home dummy." Melinda said.

"Why would I want to do that?" Calvin asked. "After you insulted me, embarrassed me in front of my colleagues, slandered me to your family, emasculated me in front of my kids. Why would I ever want to come home to you?"

"Because I love you."

"Love me?" Calvin's voice was pained as he spoke. "You have a funny way of showing it."

"Stop being a cry baby." Melinda said. "Come home and it will all stop."

"I don't want to come home to you. Not after all that you have done to me."

"Then expect it to get much worse." She said in a threatening tone.

"How much worse can get it?"

"Oh so much more worse honey." She laughed maniacally. "Your tiny brain can't even imagine how much worse it can get. So save yourself a lot of pain and grief and come home."

"This is emotional blackmail." Calvin said.

"Yes it is." Melinda said. "And its going to work." She then pulled into a restaurant parking lot. "And you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you are too weak to stand against the storm weather the storm coming your way." She said. "Because you know this is a fight that you can't win, that I can hurt you way more than you can hurt me."

"You are crazy you know that." Calvin said. "You need professional help."

"I need you Calvin." Melinda pulled into the parking space. "I need my husband to come home."

"You don't want a husband you want a lap dog."

"Well then be a good lap dog and come."  She said then recieved a text from her sister. She looked at her phone and saw that it was video. "I have to go."

Melinda then got out of the car and walked to the restaurant unaware of the car that pulled into the parking lot. That had been following her sinpmpaxce she left the house. The other woman's eyes narrowed as she watched her enter the restaurant her blood boiling with rage.

Melinda's three friends were already sitting at the table and on their first glasses of wine. Sympathy filled her eyes as they greeted her.

"How are you holding up?" One of the friends as she took her seat at the teyes. She had short cropped red hair with green eyes.

"As well as can be expected." Melinda said with a somber look on her face.

"I am so sorry you are going through this."  The second friend said a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Thank you." She then picked up a glass of white wine that sat in front of her and took a sip.

"I just can't believe that Calvin left you." The third woman who had brown hair and brown eyes said.

"After all you have done for him." The red head said shaking her head in dismay.

Surprise filled Melinda's eyes when she saw the woman enter restaurant. An uneasy feeling went through her as their met briefly.

"Men suck." The blonde said.

"Yes they do." Melinda said as she watched the woman walk over to the bar.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine." She watched the woman order a drink at the bar. A malicious grin formed at the corners of her mouth.  Looks like someone had fallen off the wagon she thought as a she felt of feeling of triumph filled her. I knew she would. "So what are we having." She then picked up the menu as she smiled at her friends.

"I was thinking of having the roast duck." The blonde said.

"That sounds great." And expensive Melinda. "Oh by the way lunch is on me." Or I should say on Calvin.

"Are you sure?" The brunette asked.

"I am more than sure."

Melinda then saw the woman coming towards her. A her mood quickly turned sour as she thought oh great what does she want?

"Hello Janice." Melinda said with a forced smile as she walked up to the table.

"Melinda." The angry woman said as she gripped the glass of red wine tightly in her hand. Her body slightly trembled with rage.

"Its so nice to see you Janice." Melinda said in a pleasant tone. "Pull up a seat and join us."

"No thanks." Janice Smith's eyes narrowed as threw the contents of her glass at Melinda. The three women gasped as red wine splashed her face.

Melinda jumped to her feet as wine ran down her face. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She screamed as all eyes in the restaurant were on them.

"That is for getting my son in trouble." Janice slammed the glass on the table.

"That little brat of yours deserved to get in troubie." Melinda said. "You stupid bitch."

Janice quickly picked up another glass of wine and threw it in her. Melinda let out another gasp as she took a fes steps back. "The only bitch here is you Melinda." A threatening look crossed her face. "You stay away from my son." She said as she shoved her onto the floor. "You and that little slut daughter of yours you hear me."

Janice then turned on her heels and marched out of the store.

"You'll pay for this." Melinda yelled. A waiter went to help up only for her brush him off. "Get your hands off of me." She then stood up in shock as her three friends looked at her in discomfort.

"You psychotic,