Chapter 14

Rodger walked up to the door of a white story house a rang the door bell. A few seconds passed and the door was open by a woman in her mid forties. A large smile broke out across his face as he said "Hello." He then leaned and gave her a passionate kiss.

The woman then pulled back and said "Hello you too." Miranda Fitzsimmons then leaned forward and kissed him again. "Come in." She then took his hand as they walked into the house. "How was the drive?"

"It was fine."

"Where is Parker?" She asked as they walked into the kitchen.

A awkward expression crossed his face. "He's with my other son Spenser."

"I thought you were going to bring him with you."

"I was."

"What happened?" She asked with a worried look. "Did he get upset when you told him about us."

"Here's the thing." Rodger became increasingly more uncomfortable. "I haven't told him yet."

"You haven't told him." She looked at him stunned. "You were supposed to tell him Friday night."

"I know and I was." He said. "I even left work early to talk to him about it."

"But why didn't you?" Miranda asked.

"Because when I got home I found him in the hot tub making out with his girlfriend." Rodger said. "So I had to discipline him." Rodger sat down and pulled her onto his lap. "And after beating his backside it just did not seem like the time to tell him."

"So why didn't you tell him yesterday?"

"I was going to." Rodger said. "I was going to sit down with him and tell him about us after work but I had to whip him again and I could not bring myself to do it."

"And why didn't you tell him this morning?" She asked. "Please don't tell me that you whipped that boy again."

"No." He shook his head. "But it just did not seem like the right time."

"The right time was two months ago when we decided to be serious." Miranda gave him a look of agitation. "You got to stop putting this off and tell him."

"I know, I know." He said feeling like a complete heel for not telling him. He tried to, he really did but each time he tried he chickened out.

"Have you told your other son?" Miranda asked. "Your daughters?"

Guilt flashed across his face. "Why not?"

"I don't know." He said. "I should."

"Yes you should." Miranda then stood up. "I don't understand why you haven't told your kids." She asked. "Are you not serious about us."

"Yes." He said as he stood up. "I'm so sorry."

A hurt look crossed her face. "Are you ashamed of me?"

"No of course not."

"Then tell your kids." She said with frustration in her voice.

"I will." Rodger said. "I promise."

"You better." She said giving him a threat look. "Because if you haven't told your kids by Monday night we are through."

"Miranda." He said shocked.

"I'm serious." Miranda said. "I'm not sneaking behind your son's back anymore. If don't tell them its over."

"Okay." Rodger said. "I'm sorry." He then leaned in kissed her. "Do you forgive me?"

"Yes." She said. "You are lucky you are cute."

"I know."

They then kissed again.

"Gross." An adolescent voice said. "Get a room."

"And hello to you too Cyrus." Rodger said.

"Hey." He said as walked over to the fridge.

"Cyrus Rollins that is not how you greet an adult."

The fifteen year old gave her an annoyed look. "Hello Rodger. Its good to see you sir."

"Good to see you too." Rodger said. "How was your Saturday."

"Fine." Cyrus said. "May I go back to my room."

"No." She said. "We are going out in a few minutes so go wait in the living room."

"Do I have to?" Cyrus asked.

"Yes." She said sternly.

"But mom." He whined.

"Cyrus do I need to get the hairbrush."

Cyrus placed his hand on his bottom as fear rippled across his face. "No ma'am."

"Then go wait in the living room."

"Yes ma'am." He said with disappointment in his voice.

He was about to walk out when his mother said "Stop." Cyrus froze and then turned to face his mother. "Apologize to Rodger for your poor behavior."

"Do I have too?"

"Yes."

Cyrus then huffed. "Sorry."

Her eyes narrowed. "Try again."

"But..."

"Try again or you are grounded."

He screamed internally and then calmed himself and said "I'm sorry."

"That's better." Miranda said.

Whatever he thought.

"You can go."

"Thanks." He said and hurried out.

"Sorry about that." Miranda said slightly embarrassed by his behavior.

"Its okay." Rodger said. "I've raised teenagers I know how they can be."

"They are a challenge." Miranda said.

"Yes, yes they are." Rodger said.

"You are going to tell them right." Miranda said. "Especially Parker."

"Yes." Rodger said. "Especially Parker." He wondered what his reaction was going to be like.

A bad one he thought. Its going to be bad one. And its all my fault.