Chaptee 82

Zane could feel the strength slowly disappear from his legs with every step he took. It was by sheer force of will that he made it to the bench outside of the office which he quickly collapsed onto.  He laid there his body shaking as the word why kept going through his mind over and over again.

Why was this happening to me he asked himself as he stared blankly at the front doors. Why would Arla or whoever is behind this accuse me of such a horrible thing?

And why are so many people so quick to believe that I did it?

Why? Why? Why?

I'm not going to let her get away with this he thought as he made himself sit up. I'm not going to let them destroy my reputation, make out to be some predator who takes advantage of his best friend.

No I won't do it. He pulled out his cell phone and saw his newest text. It was a reply from the person who he texted before heading out of class. The person who let him know of the accusations being made against him.

Liar it said. I've seen how you push him around, how you dominate him.

The text was sent anonymously. Just like the post on the gossip board about me.

Cowards he thought. If you are going to accuse me of something at least have the decency to do it my face not behind blocked numbers and phony user names.

Zane blew air through his nostrils and then got up and walked into the school office asking to see the dean.

Wesley stepped out of the library's bathroom where he was met by Christine who was waiting for him. "Don't talk to me." He said and walked by past her.

"Wesley." Christine said only for him to ignore her.  She quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him to a stop as she said "Come on don't be this way."
She then tightened her grip around his wrist as she stared into his eyes. "I'm sorry for what I did I don't know what I was thinking."

"That makes two of us." Wesley said angrily. "Now let me go." He tried to pull away from her but she would not release him.

"Not until you accept my apology."

"Christine I said let me go." Wesley said. "I'm not messing around."

"Tell me you forgive me." Christine said with a pouty look across her face.

"You're going to get us in trouble." Fortunately they were concealed by book shelves but sooner or later Mrs. Ryerson was going to come looking for them and then both of them would be in tons of trouble.

"Then say you forgive me and I will let you go."

"I don't forgive you." Wesley said breaking free from her grasp. "There are rumors going around that you gave me a handjob in my car and you do something like that in front of people."

"I was only trying to make you laugh, get you out of the funk you were in."

"Well you failed because all you succeeded in doing is giving more fuel to the rumor mongers." Wesley said. "Making us look both guilty." He then leered at her. "Just stay away from me."

Wesley then stormed off as tears filled a crushed Christine's eyes. "I'm sorry." She said with a trembling voice.  She then broke into tears and ran into the bathroom.

The office

"You gotta believe Dean LaMee." Zane said as his face became a mask of desperation. "Its not true." His heart began to race. "I've never so much as given Parker a spanking let alone forced myself..."  He could not even finish the sentence as a feeling of revulsion stirred inside of him. "I would never do that to anyone. Especially my best friend."

LaMee did not say anything. He just kept looking at the post internally freaking out. This can't be happening he thought. As if rumors of handjobs in the parking lot and dick pics being sent to girls was not bad enough now we have accusations of a prefect molesting a student.

The board of trustees are not going to be happy when they hear about this he thought. Nor will Rodger Cole. He winced at the thought of how he is going to react.

He will pull Parker out for sure now he thought. And he might not be the only pulling their child out.

"Dean LaMee." Zane said pulling him from his musings. "You believe me right?" His eyes pleaded with him to believe him.

"Yes of course." Dean LaMee said as he put the phone down. "I know you would never do anything like that."

"Thank you." I wish my fellow students gave me the same benefit of the doubt.

"Who do you think gossip queen 04 is?" He asked referring to the user name of the poster.

"Arla." Zane said gritting his teeth. "Its Arla." He clenched his fists as he spoke. "She must have realized that I suspected that she was behind the rumors about Christine and Parker."  Zane unclenched his fists. "She knew that I was onto to her so she concocted this story to discredit me."

"Are you sure it was her."

"I know it was her." He said with frustration in his voice. "Look at the time it was posted." He showed him the screen pointing at the time. "Right before homeroom and right after she finished telling Parker about the new rumors about him." He leaned back in his seat. "Its her."

Underhanded witch Zane thought. His mind then went to yesterday. Once again he saw Arla talking to Forest in the hallway between classes, having a hushed conversation during lunch.

"Forest." He said as the realization hit him.

"What about him?"

"He's behind the rumors too." Zane said. "The two are working together."

"Why would Forest do something like this?" Dean LaMee said in disbelief.

"Because he is a sadistic jerk that likes to torture people." Zane said. He then flashed back to Forest and Parker in the hallway. The predatory look in his eye as he had him facing the lockers. How he enjoyed having him under his  control. How eager he was for him to say the wrong thing so he take him to the prefect lounge and cane. "Its all about Parker."

"What do you mean?"

There was a knock at the door and LaMee told the person to come in. The secretary popped her head in and said "Zane's mom is here."

"He is out to get Parker." Zane replied. "He wants to find a reason to cane him and if he can't find one he is going to manipulate him into giving him one."

"And I'm going to prove it." He then said.