Chapter 30

Rodger soon joined the others on the sales floor but found that he could concentrate. All he could think about was the possibility that one of his children had stabbed him in the back again. And it was not just any child this time but Parker. The one child who he never thought would betray him.

Who would be disloyal.

Thought wanted to bring to tears to his eyes.

But he fought them back. He would not give Justin the benefit of seeing him cry. Allow him to take pleasure in his heart break.

So he did not cry even though he desperately wanted to. Instead he tried to focus on work. Meeting with perspective buys, talking with his sales people, trying to keep the immature service department people in line.

But his mind would go back to Parker. And he would find him wondering how his could do this to him.

There was so many times he wanted to leave, go to the school, pull him out of class, and confront him. But no he was not going to give Justin anymore ammunition.

So he stayed at the dealership even though he desperately wanted to go and confront his son.

He did not even go to pick him up at school as he planned. He knew that would only get him into another fight with Justin which he did not have the strength for.

But fortunately Ken was off at three and he asked him to pick up for him.  He also asked him to take him to the second dealership and have him wait there. Not to the upstairs office but they will eventually wind up there.

Twenty minutes later he recieved a text from Ken that they had arrived. "I'll be right back." Rodger said as he stood to his feet behind the customer service desk.

Justin who was sitting on the other side of Charlie flashed him an annoyed look. "Where are you going?"

"To take care of some business." Rodger said as he walked around the desk.

"You're business is here." Justin said.

"And I will attend to it when I get back." Rodger retorted. He then greeted a couple of customers who were looking at one of Mazda CX5's.

Justin then shook his head. "He is going to have no one to blame but himself when he looses his job tomorrow."

"What?" Charlie blinked in surprise.

"Let's just say Rodger messed with the wrong person and he is going to pay for it."  Todd then walked in from the side entrance. Justin's eyes narrowed. "Hey stupid get over here."

The redneck car salesman who sat behind Todd looked up from his computer and smiled broadly as waited for the show.

"So how did it go?" Justin asked. Todd had just been out a test drive with a couple perspective buyers.

"They decided to check out Kanes down the street." Todd said looking as he was about to have a heart attack.

"Of course they did." He smirked.

"I'm sorry I really tried."

"Shut up." Justin said forcefully throwing a pen that collided into his face. Randall let of a large laugh while the two buyers looked on in dismay.

"Justin!" Charlie said.

"You be quiet too." Justin snapped and Charlie looked away. He looked back at Todd and let another sigh. "Can't you do anything right."

Todd hung his head and mumbled. "I guess not."

"I guess too." Justin said. "Get out of my face."

Todd slinked off to his desk while Charlie said "You can't keep treating him like that."