Chapter 33

Jackson residence...

Being paddled by his father was not the only punishment Zane had recieved from his father for sneaking out of the house Saturday. He also found himself grounded for one week.

Which was why he was sitting in his room watching television eating mini hot dogs instead of hanging out at the mall with his girlfriend and friends.

He was just glad that his parents had not taken away his cell phone and his television privileges. That would have made the week even more unbearable.

Though he did get his gaming console taken away for five days. Five long days cut off from his favorite games. He was not sure how he was going to survive.

His phone then rang. He picked it up and to his surprise it was Forest the head prefect at his school. He could not help but feel a bit nervous as he wondered why he was calling.

It can't be good as he feared that he might have a caning coming to him tomorrow. "What's up Forest?"

"Hey Zane." He said. "Did you hear about Fraser?"

Fraser was another prefect at the school.

"No, what happened?" His brow creased with worry.

"He got himself arrested for shoplifting." Forest told him.

"What?" Zane said floored. "You're joking."

"Have you ever known me to joke?" Forest asked.

"No, I guess not." Zane was not sure he had ever seen him smile. Except for when he is taking a cane to some poor Freshman's backside. "I can't believe he would something like that."

"Believe it." Forest said.

"I guess he's expelled." Zane said.

"I don't know." Forest said. "Probably but even if he's not he is not going to be a prefect anymore."

"No, he's not." Zane agreed.

"Which means we are going to have to replace him." Forest said. "We are going to meet tomorrow to discuss possible candidates."

"I have one in mind." Zane said.

"Who?"

"Parker."

"You mean Parker O'Neal."

"No Parker Cole." Zane said.

"Parker Cole." He smirked. "Now who is joking?"

"I'm serious." Zane said. "I think he would make a good prefect."

"In what universe?"

"This one." Zane said. "And probably several others."

"If you say so."

"I say so." Zane said. "And I am going to nominate him."

"Okay its your choice." Forest said. "I think its a stupid choice but still yours."

"Its not a stupid choice." Zane said defensively. "Parker will make a great prefect you will see."

"I won't hold be holding my breath." Forest said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you." Zane said and then disconnected. He placed his phone on the night stand next to him and then leaned back.

Parker is an excellent choice he thought. You'll see Forest.  I just have to convince Parker that he is a good choice.

The West residence...

At six o'clock the West family had gathered around the table for dinner minus Calvin. Christine could not help but think how pleasant of a meal it was with his absence. She did not have to deal with his prying questions, his insults about Parker. And best of all she did not have to see his face.