Chapter 35

Carson was finally free. Free of his parents, free of Mister Gaines, free of their crazy rules, of being scared. But not free of discipline though. He did agree to abide by Rodger's rules if he was going to live in his house. Which meant also accepting the consequences of breaking those rules. So he could still find himself being grounded, having to stand in the corner, spanked if he screwed up.

But that was fine. He trusted that Rodger would be a lot more fair than his parents or Mister Gaines. And he would only spank him if he had a very good reason.  And he doubted Rodger would ever consider an untucked shirt a good reason.

I just hope that I don't give him a reason he thought.

Carson's thoughts were interuppred by his phone ringing. He looked to see that it was father calling him. He sat frozen unsure what he should do. Should he answer it, should he take it to Rodger and let him talk to him.

He did not know.

All he could was sit there as his father's number flashed on the screen. His mind seemed to shut as he it found it nearly impossible to make a decision.

The ringing then stopped as the phone transfered the call to his voice mail. He let out a sigh of relief. He put the phone down thinking he will listen to the voice mail later.

But he instead of hearing the voice mail notification the phone began to ring again. He looked it at the screen. It was his father again.

He is not going to give up until he talks to me Carson thought. I'll take the phone to Rodger and let him deal with. He almost got up to deliver the phone to him but then thought no, no you are an adult not a little boy. You can talk to your father, you don't need to go running to Rodger for help.

You're a man act like it Carson told him. He then hit accept and pushed his nervous feelings asked as he said "Yes, dad."

"Carson." Silaa Mayhew said in a stern voice that made Carson feel less like a man. "I understand you want to live with Rodger."

"Yes, I do." Carson he coughed. "I'm going to live with Rodger."

"Nonsense " Silas said. "You are not living with Rodger I won't allow it."

"Dad."

"I said I won't allow it." Silas yelled through the phone. "You are not moving in with Rodger, what you are going to do is pack your bags, get in the car, and go to Mister Gaines' house."  The thought of going to Gaines' turned his stomach. "Do you hear me boy."

"Yes, sir." His body shaking as he felt as he no choice to comply with his father's orders. 

"Get your things packed I want you at his house in one hour.".

Carson gripped the phone "Yes...no sir."

"Excuse me." Silas said incensed.

"I said no sir."

"Carson I'm not fooling around."

"I know sir." Carson said. "Neither am I."

"Carson don't make me come home and get you." Silas said. "Because you will not like the consequences."

Carson nervously gulped, he could feel himself wavering, the need to obey his father growing stronger. "Now pack your bags and go over Mister Gaines."

Carson steeled himself. "No sir."

"Carson...!"

"I said no sir." Carson yelled into the phone. "I am not going over Mister Gaines' I am staying here with Rodger and Parker and there is nothing you can do about it."

"How dare you." Silas said beyond livid. "When I get my hands on you.."

"You are not going to put your hands on me." Carson said. "The only person allowed to put his hands on me from now is Rodger. I am not going to let you or Mister Gaines touch me ever again."

"Is that so."

"Yes it is." Carson said.

"Fine." Silas said. "Have it your way."  Carson could his rage through the phone. "But understand this you are cut off little boy. No more tuition, no more car, no more phone."

"I understand."

"I want you to get your stuff out of the house by tomorrow." Silas said. "And I want the car in my driveway."

"Fine."

"I knew letting you stay with Rodger was a mistake." Silas said. "I should have had you stay with Hugo."

I'm glad you didn't he thought. I'm glad I didn't stay with that monster again.

"After all your mother and I have done for you this how you repay us." Silas said. "You have broken our hearts."

"Well your broke mine a long time ago." Carson said. "I'll have my stuff out by tomorrow."

"See that you do." Silas the hung up.

Carson sat on the bed for a seconds shaking. He was surprised he was able to make it through that without capitulating to his father's demands or having a heart attack.

I'm really doing this he thought. I'm really getting out from their thumb.

"You okay?" A voice then said causing him to jump to his feet.

"Sorry." Parker put his hands up. "I didn't mean to scare you." He then walked into the room. "I heard you yelling and came to see if you were alright."

"I'm alright." Carson then laughed. "I'm more than alright. I'm free." An excited look crossed his face. "I'm finally free."

"Yes you are." Parker said. "I'm proud of you man."

"Thank you.' Carson said. "That means a lot coming from you." He then smiled. "I'm need to go talk to your dad."

"Sure." Parker nodded.

Carson then walked out and then went downstairs where Rodger was watching television. He told him was his father said.

"I was expecting that." Rodger said.
"You're father does not like losing control."

"No, he doesn't." Carson said. He depises it. "I'll get my stuff tomorrow after breakfast."
.
"No." Rodger said.

"Sir?"

"You are not going to that house by yourself." Rodger said. "I don't trust your father or this Mister Gaines person. I can see them trying something."

"You are probably right." Carson agreed.

"Tomorrow after I pick Carson up from school we will go get your stuff." Rodger said. "I'll see if I can get a couple of the guys from the dealership to help." He thought one service technician named Alton who was six four, former biker who he would as for help.

"Yes sir."  Carson said. "Thank you sir."

"You're welcome." Rodger then sighed. "Honestly I think it would be best if you stay at the house tomorrow for your own safety."

"I will." Carson said.

"Everything is going to be okay Carson."

"I know sir." Carson said and then went back to his room as once again the words I'm free went through his mind