Chapter 71

Parker was in the midst of speaking to Carson and Kenny when to his utter shock his oldest sister walked into the house. He stood frozen as he looked at her his eyes blinking several times as he tried to figure out if what he was seeing was real or not.

What shocked him more than her presence was the look of pure love in her eyes as she came to him and took him into his embrace. Something that he did not recall ever seeing before, that he never imagined he would ever see from her.

"Abigail?" His said fighting back the deluge if tears that wanted to burst forth. Don't cry he commanded himself. Not in front of Kenny. Carson he did not mind seeing him cry but not Kenny. He did not want to look like a wimp in front of him.

But I might not have much of a choice he thought as he became misty eyed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard about the awful things Spencer said about you to Graham and I just had to come and see you." She told him as her eyes began to mist. "I'm so sorry Parker." She said. "I'm sorry for what Spencer said." A look of shame crossed her face. "I'm sorry for how I've treated you." She then sniffed. "And I just wanted you to know that I do love you."

"Do you?" Parker said with doubt in his voice. "Do you really?"

"Yes." Abigail gently touched the side of his face. "Your my baby brother and I love you."

"We both do." A voice said from the doorway. Parker then blinked when he saw his other sister standing there with an awkward look across her face. Behind her was her husband Ike and his father who holding their two year old son Stephen. Parker thought how he had barely seen his nephew.

"Karyn." He said floored.

"Hey Parker." She then walked over to him and gave him a guy. "Are you okay."

"Yeah." Parker nodded. "I just can't believe this is really happening."

"It is." Karyn said with remorse in her voice. "It really is."

"I probably should go." Kenny said musing that he had intruded on this private family moment long enough.

An embarrassed look crossed Parker's face. "Abigail, Karyn this is my friend Kenny." He said. "He works for dad."

"Nice to meet you both."

"Nice to meet you too." Abigail said.

"And that is Karyn's husband Ike and son Stephen."

The two nodded.

"And this is Carson." Parker said. "He is staying with us for awhile."

"Pleased to meet you." Carson said looking equally uncomfortable

"As I said I should be heading home.' Kenny said. He then fist bumped both Carson and Parker.

"Thanks for sticking around." Rodger said.

"No problem."

"Drive safe." Rodger admonished him as he walked out.

"I'm going to head up to room." Carson said as he looked at Rodger for permission.

"Okay bud." Rodger said. "I'll check on you in a bit."

Carson gave a small smile and then said "Again nice meeting you." A lot nice than it was meeting Spencer he thought.

Carson walked out a look of recognition crossed Abigail's face. "I remember him." She said. "He's the son of those weird friends of yours isn't he."

"Yes." Rodger said. "Former friends now."

"I met them at a couple of your work parties." Abigail said. "They were like crazy controlling, they wouldn't let him and his brothers out of their sight for a minute."

"I remember that." Karyn then said. "They couldn't even go to the bathroom by themselves. Their mom had to escort them." She then looked uncomfortable as she said "She even went in with them. I felt so bad for them especially the brother who looked thirteen."

"That is messed up." Ike said as he felt a bit shudder.

"Carson has moved in us with to get away from his parents." Parker said.

"Good for him."  Abigail said. She gave her father a look of approval. "And good for you for taking him in."

Rodger felt himself at the look of pride in both of his daughters eyes.

He choked as he said "Why don't we head into the kitchen for a drink so they can talk in private."

"Sounds like a plan." Ike said.

The two walked out and Abigail rubbed Parker's back and said "Let's sit down." He sat on the couch and his  sisters sat on either side of him. He looked back and forth between the two as he wondered who these women and what have they done with his sisters.

Carson found himself occupied with thoughts of his younger brother David as he walked into room. How he was still in the custody of his parents, subject to their insane rules and cruel discipline. And not only that he would still be sent to Mister Gaines when they go away or just did not feel like dealing with him.

That thought made his stomach turn.

We can't leave him in their custody he told himself. We would be no better than Spencer or Parker's sisters if we did that. We have to get him away from those people. Make sure that Mister Gaines never sinks his claws into him.

Make sure he never touches another teenager boy again.

Carson pulled out his cell phone and hit his brother David's name. He paced back and forth as the phone rang. On the third ring he heard "Hey is everything okay."

"Everything is fine." Carson said. "I just wanted to talk to you about Grant."

"What about him?" David said with concern in his voice.

"We can't leave him with mom and dad." Carson said as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I agree but I don't know what we can do." David said. "Its not like we can just take him away from mom and dad."

"I know." Carson ran his fingers through his hair. "But we have to do something."

"Like what."

Carson shifted uncomfortably as he thought about what he wanted to say. He was certain that his brother was not going to like the idea but they had no choice.  "We have to go to the police."

"What." David said in shock.

"We have to report them to the police." Carson said.

"You can't be serious."

"I am serious." Carson said.

"Look I know they are not the best parents whoever walked the Eartu but we can't sick the police on them." He said. "No matter what they did to us."

"Its just not about what they did to us." Carson said as his stomach continued to twist. "Its also what they allowed Mister Gaines did to us." He then held his stomach. "You know he will go after Grant now that we are gone." His voice broke. "We can't let that happen."

His brother then fell silent.

"David." He said. "Are you still there?"

"You know it's the right thing to do."

"I know." He then sniffed. "Okay. I'll go to the police tomorrow and file out a report."

"I'll do the same."

"I just hope we don't regret doing this."

"I think we would regret not doing it more." Carson said.

"Yes we would." He said somberly. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay." Carson said. "I love you bro."

"Love you too."

Carson put his phone down and walked over to his desk. He opened the top drawer and pulled out an envelope which opened and pulled a picture from.  He felt his body tremble at the sight of it.

Never again he thought. Never again.