Chapter 50

The Chinese buffet was a fifteen minute drive from the dealership. As Carson got out of the car he eyed the white Toyota as it made its way through the parking lot. A feeling of dread went through him as he tried to make out the driver and passenger but they were to far away.

"Don't worry about them." Rodger said putting his hand on his back.

"How can I not?" Carson asked as they walked towards the restaurant.

"Well try to put them out of your mind and enjoy your lunch." Rodger said as he looked at the car which disappeared around the side of the shopping center.

Parker flanked Roger on his other side as they walked in. He stood close to him triggering memories of when Parker was a toddler and how when he or his ex would hug his siblings he would try to get in-between them.

Roger put his arm around him and pulled him towards him. Parker smiled weakly.

The five then made their drink orders and then went to fill their plate.

"So you go to Westfield Academy." Cyrus said to Parker as he stopped wild rice onto his plate.

"Yes, I do." Parker said uncomfortably. He dumped some broccoli on his plate.

"My cousin goes to your school." Cyrus said. "Felix Brown"

A small smile acrossed his face. "I know Felix." Felix was a senior at the school and on the basketball team. "Good guy."

"That he is." Cyrus said. "Says the same about you."

"Really?" Parker said as they moved down the line. "I didn't think he knew that I existed."

"He does." Cyrus said. "He says you're a pretty nice guy." He doesn't feel the same way about your girlfriend though Cyrus thought but kept to himself not wanting to get into a fight in the middle of the restaurant.

"I try to be."  The two were walking back to the table when a question came into his mind. "Did Felix know that your mom was dating my dad."

Cyrus looked back at Miranda and Rodger who were still at the bar. "Yes." Cyrus whispered. Parker saw nervousness flicker in his eyes. "But I wasn't supposed to tell him so please don't say anything to your dad or my mom." He looked at them again. "My backside still is sore from the paddling I got last night I don't know want another one."

"Don't worry I won't say a word." Parker said.

"Thanks." Cyrus said.

So some random kid at my school knew I was dating before I did he thought in annoyance. I'm shocked the entire world did not know before me.

Heck if my dad had his way everyone in the world probably would have known before me.

Rodger watched as the two sat on either side of the table. "Well that seems to be going better than expected."

"Yes it is." Miranda said giving the boys a look of approval.  She was sure that Cyrus would be rude towards Parker and that he would need to be taken out to the car for a paddling. But so free he's been very congenial towards him.

I hope he keeps it up.

Carson then walked to the table and sat on the same side as Parker but on the other end leaving an empty seat between them. 

I guess I know where I better sit if I don't want to see,how quickly Parker's mood can sour. He then sat between the two boys while Miranda sat across from him.

"Carson." Miranda said causing the eighteen year old to look up from his food.

"Yes, ma'am." Carson said.

"I just wanted you to know how happy I am that you getting away from your parents." She told him. "Its a very brave thing you are doing."

"Thank you ma'am." Carson said. "But I wouldn't have been able to do if wasn't for  Mister Cole and Parker." He gave them a look of gratitude. "They gave me the strength to leave them."

Parker looked at him in surprise as he wondered exactly what he did to inspire him to escape his parents.

If anyone deserves the praise its my dad not a strong kid he thought. If I was I would tell my dad how much I hate him showering you and Cyrus with affection. That it bothers me to see him play daddy to the two of you.

But I don't. I just suffer in silence like a spineless wimp.

A spineless who allows his best friend to take money from his wallet without his permission. Who allows perfects to make him face the wall when he didn't do anything wrong. Who shrinks under the gaze of a bully like Forest instead of standing up for himself.

Who lets his girlfriend manipulate him into allowing her to come over his house and take a dip in the hot tub  when you know it would get you into major trouble with your dad if you got caught a voice in the back of his mind said.

No, that's not true Parker thought dismissing the voice. That was all my idea not Christine's.

Was it? The voice questioned.

Yes it was he answered as he pushed the thought from his mind. It was he told himself again shifting in his seat uncomfortably.

"Are you okay, Parker?" Miranda said.

"Yes."  Parker said growing uncomfortable as all eyes fell on him.

"How do you like Westfield?" Miranda asked.

"I like it." Parker replied. For the most part he thought.

"Cyrus' cousin goes there."

"Yes, Felix Brown." Parker said. "Cyrus told me." Parker took a drink of his soda. "Good guy."

"He's a very nice boy." Miranda said. "Hard to believe that he is related to my ex."

"Mom." Cyrus frowned.

"Sorry honey." She touched the back of his head. "So Parker your father tells me you have a girlfriend." Rodger body began to tense. "Christine."

"Yes." Parker smirked bitterly. "Funny how he tells you about my girlfriend before he told me about his own."

Rodger's and Miranda's face dropped while Cyrus began to choke on the water he was drinking.

"Damn he went there." Carson said in shock. I was thinking it but he actually went there.

"Excuse me." Parker said as he emotion began to surge through him. He quickly got up and rushed out.

"Parker." Rodger called out to him to no avail. "I'll be right back." He said as he stood to his feet.

"Rodger." Miranda said. "He's hurting don't be hard on him."

"I won't." He said and followed him out.

"Again." Cyrus said. "You both deserved that."

Carson nodded in agreement.