Chapter 72

After talking to his brother Carson sent Kenny a text thanking him again for staying with him.

"No problem dude." Kenny texted back.

"You didn't tell him about me cussing did you?"

"No. I'm your friend not your babysitter."

"Thanks anyway." He then texted. "I really don't want my mouth washed out with soap."

"Again your eighteen not eight." Kenny said. "No one can force you to do anything you don't want to do."

I wish that was true Carson thought as he eyed the envelope on his desk.

"You are an adult not a little boy don't let anyone treat you like you are one."

"Okay." He texted but deep down knee he would because that is what he was. A submissive little boy and that is all he will probably ever be.

"My brother is calling me." Kenny texted. "I'll talking to you later."

"Okay."

Carson put the phone down and laid on the bed. He mused how he was going to have to tell Rodger about what Mister Gaines did to him.  And the thought of doing so scared him.

What if he hates me for letting him do this to me he thought. What if he kicks me out.

He then swallowed. Please don't hate me Rodger. Please don't send me back to my parents.

Abigail and Karyn had stayed for a little over an hour in which they spent of their time apologizing for how they had treated him the past several years.  They assured him that it was nothing that he ever did. That they had just been too self absorbed with their own lives to pay him much attention.

But they promised that would change though Parker had his doubts. He had a feeling they were only there to assuage any guilt they were feeling and once that guilt his gone they would go back to ignoring him again.

But he was willing to give them a chance just in case they were being sincere.

He prayed that they were.

It was nice to see his nephew though. And he knew his dad was happy for the chance to fuss over his grandson. Something that he did not get to do often with his grandchildren.

Abigail apologized for not bringing her two. She had left them with her husband Michael when she had rushed over.  She promised that she and Michael would stop by with the kids so they could spend sometime with them.

His father's face lit up when he heard that. Even though he never said it he knew that it killed him that he barely saw his grandkids. Parker thought how he would never be so cruel to keep his grandkids from him.

They said goodbye to the four and then walked back into the house. Once they got into the house Rodger sent Parker to his room. On his way to his room he checked in on Carson who was watching tv.

"Hey." Carson said looking up from his bed.

"I was just seeing if you were okay." Parker said.

"I'm fine." Carson said unconvincingly. He sat up and asked "Did you have a nice time with your sisters."

"Yes I did." Parker said with a smile.

"That's great." Carson said. "I'm happy for you bud."

"Thanks."

"I miss my sister." Carson said with sadness in his voice.

"You have a sister?" Parker said surprised.

Parkerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें