𝓒𝓱. 31

"Ryusei, are you being serious?"
"100% serious"

The look in his eyes, and the fact he wasn't smiling, was proof enough for you to know that he was being serious.

"Kaiser knows my last name? How?", you chewed on your fingernails, "The only people that know are you, Grandma, and Nagi–"

"Hold up, hold up... Nagi knows?", Shidou gasped, surprise written all over his face, "Not even Kaede and Aryu know!"

Yeah well the only reason he knows is cause that's how our relationship started...

"Yeah it's uhh... complicated to say the least", your eyes snap back up to his, "Enough about that though... What should I do?"

Shidou shrugs, "I dunno. I mean, all he knows is your last name. Do you really think it's dangerous for him to know that information?"

Of course you knew it was dangerous, but Shidou didn't. No one did. You'd been keeping the blackmailing all to yourself, too afraid to tell anyone. For all you knew, Kaiser was probably the one blackmailing you.

"Arghh... never mind...", you throw your back onto the bed, "This is so annoying... I have the worst luck, seriously..."

Shidou rolled his eyes, hopping into bed with you, "Well who cares about that guy and his bad haircut anyways! I wanna hear about you and Nagi~ How far have you gotten~?"

"Gross, stop thinking dirty....", you push him away, "And for the record, no we haven't done anything TOO intimate–"

"Yet–OW!"

He laughed as you slid out of bed, changing into some casual clothes to lounge around in. Shidou laid on your bed, stomach down, kicking his feet in the air with a smug grin on his face.

"I bet Nagi hasn't seen you naked yet I have–"

SMACK!

"Okay I deserved that one", he rubbed the top of his head, staring up at the ceiling, "So what do you think about Kaede and Mikage?"

You apply lotion to your face, looking at yourself in the mirror, "What about them? It's been obvious from the start that Mikage liked her"

"Yeah but does Kaede even like him?"

You look over your shoulder, smiling at Shidou, "Oh yeah, definitely. She just doesn't know it yet"

Your friend wiggles his eyebrows, "What makes you so sure? Are you speaking from experience?"

You nearly drop the lotion, running over to him with a raised eyebrow, "What are you talking about?"

He smirks, running his fingers through his hair, "Let's just say yours and Nagi's feelings weren't as strong as they were now"

Your heart dropped, completely mortified that Shidou knew the truth this whole time.

"Y–You knew?!", you shake his shoulders violently, "How did you know?! Do you think Kaede and Aryu knew too?"

He flaps his hand, dismissing your words, "Course they don't. As your best friend AND soulmate, I naturally notice things like this. So of course I was gonna know your relationship with that guy was totally fake... well–", his lips curl into a smirk, "At least in the beginning it was"

Your cheeks burn, covering your face with a pillow, "Sh–Shut up... I honestly didn't expect this either, okay?"

Shidou's chest caves from the series of  giggles that escape him, "Can't believe you fell for Seishiro Nagi of all people. So what was it about him that made you like him? Ooh lemme guess! Was it his looks? Oh! Or his body?"