𝓒𝓱. 23

Present Time~

You
Kaede
pls tell me you're not busy

Kaede -_-
OH?
u never text me first🤩
i could die of happiness

You
pls don't

Kaede -_-
AND you don't want me to die?
i MUST be dreaming

You
just meet me at the cafe nearest to my house
it's urgent

***

Kaede smiled down at the message from you, the highlight of her day to be quite honest. Since she basically had no clothes to wear other than her school uniform, she threw on a run down hoodie, smoothing it out in the mirror. The mess she called her hair was the least of her worries, hiding it with the hoodie.

"So where are you going dearest sister of mine~?"
"Hm... it suddenly smells worse in here..."

SMACK!

The stinging on her cheek made her wince, cupping it lightly as she eyed her brother down. Over the last few years, she developed a perfect mask around her family. She could take their abuse, the pain... all thanks to you..

Kaede wiped her lip, shoving past him, "What the hell do you want Haruto..."

He laughed, walking beside her to the kitchen, "To tell us the truth", he pulled her hoodie off, a sly smirk planted on his face, "C'mon~ You're gonna go hang out with that Y/n girl, right?"

She pulled the hoodie back up, putting her shoes on at the front porch, "What about it? She's my friend"

"Psh! A friend that our family is coincidentally trying to kill"

Kaede tied her shoes, looking back over her shoulder, "Except her name is Ikehara, not Ikeda—"

"You gonna keep that bullshit lie going huh..."

He puts her in a headlock. Well, she could easily get out of since she's way stronger than he is... but she allows him to do so.

"You can only say that lie so much you know...", he whispers harshly to her ear, "Mom and Dad are getting sick and tired of it... do you really want to take another beating from them again just to keep that little bitch safe?"

Haruto's finger trails the scars on her back, knowing where they are exactly since he's caused some of them. Kaede shudders, but remains strong as she stands back up, walking out the door.

"I'm heading out. Tell Mom and Dad I'll be back later"

She hears his scowls behind her, cursing her and saying he's gonna tell on her. Once she hears the door slam shut, she lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding, gasping for air. She couldn't let them get to her, no matter how terrified she truly was.

~~~

"Come on... What's taking her so long...?"

You felt like you were waiting fir an eternity in that cafe, tapping your fingers across the table. The waiter had asked you two times already if you wanted to order, declining since you wanted to wait for your friend.

"Hello my dear~!"

Kaede finally appeared after what felt like forever, making you sigh in relief as she took a seat across from you.