Love Letters | Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for being my best friend all of these years. Even if we didn't see each other. You were never someone I couldn't talk to."

Joe looked over at me and smiled. "Of course. Anything for you, Lex. Always."

"Do you know what Nick has planned?"

"If I told you, he'd stop being my brother."

After our manicures and pedicures, Joe and I headed towards a small dress shop.

"Unfortunately, this is where I leave you. But I have faith that you will have everything you need."

I walked in to the store and looked around. There were so many gorgeous dresses. It was going to be hard to pick one. Along the back of the store was a wall of shoes. Joe was right. I could find everything I need in here but there were so many options.

"Lex!"

I turned around to find Angela, Kat and Dani waving at me. Of course. They were everything I needed to pick out the outfit. Dani hugged me "I'm in charge of shoes." She walked over to the wall scanning it closely. Angela sorted through dresses. "Don't worry. I'll find the perfect one." I turned to Kat. "What are you in charge of?" She smiled and handed me another note.

Spend some time with your girls because tonight you're all mine. Being at the dress shop means you're closer to seeing me. This the last stop. I can't wait to see what you chose. I know it's perfect.
Love, Nick ❤️

Adding it to my purse, I headed for the dressing room. After countless dresses and heels, we all agreed on a short skin tight baby pink dress. It went perfect with the silver heels covered in rhinestones that buckled around my ankles.

After purchasing everything, we headed home so that I could get ready

After purchasing everything, we headed home so that I could get ready. Everyone was there except for Nick. I went upstairs to make sure my hair looked alright and added some makeup. I checked the time. 6:30pm. Perfect. Nick said 7 so I'm all set. I added some Gucci perfume and double checked myself in the mirror.

"You look gorgeous." I looked behind me in the mirror and saw Kevin in the doorway with his arms folded. "Thanks, Kev. I appreciate it."

"I have one final thing for you" He handed me a bouquet of white roses, a small gift bag and another note.

If Kevin is handing you this, that means you're ready. He is going to bring you to our date so follow him. Bring the small gift bag. I want to watch you open it. I can't wait to see you.
Love, Nick ❤️

Kevin held out his arm. I grabbed it and he walked me to the car. After about 20 minutes we arrived at a hotel where Kevin helped me inside and pressed the top floor on the elevator. We walked through a passageway that brought us to the roof.
"This is where we part ways, Lex. Have a great time!" I hugged Kevin and opened the roof door.
There were candles and rose petals everywhere. A single table sat in the center of the roof and there he was. Dressed in a black and white suit with a big smile on his face. He was so handsome. Like something out of a damn movie. Everything about him was perfect. I walked over to him slowly, trying to keep this view in my head for as long as I possibly could. Holding his hand out, he twirled me. "You're breathtaking..." He smiled and kissed me. "You truly look absolutely stunning."

"Thank you, Nick. For the whole day. Not just for the compliments. I'm still so shocked." He pulled my chair out for me and I slid into the chair. "Anything for you." He kissed my hand and sat down, keeping his eyes on me. "Are you hungry?"

I grabbed his hand from across the table and rubbed small circles in his palm. "I'm always hungry."

He laughed and called the chef over. "We are ready, Francesco." Francesco nodded and headed to the door I came in through. "Did you bring your gift?"

I nodded and reached into my purse. I put the tiny bag on the table and stared at it. "Close your eyes." I did as he said and covered my face with my hands. I heard his chair move and then suddenly felt his lips on my shoulder. He sent goosebumps through my body. "Now, it's nothing crazy. I just saw it and thought of you." The air was silent for a moment until I felt a coolness hit my chest. He removed my hands and I looked down. A gorgeous necklace was hanging from my neck with an "N" initial on it. I looked up at him and grabbed his face. "N for Nachos?" I giggled and kissed him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. "Or Nick. But Nachos does work." He laughed and we stayed connected for a while before eventually taking our seats again. The view was beautiful. The plan itself was beautiful. He was beautiful.

"Nick, can I ask you something?"

"Of course"

"How long have you liked me?"

He shifted in his seat and rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh... I mean... originally? Probably since about 2009."

"You never told me. Why?"

"I don't know. Nerves? Fear? Why? What's wrong?"

"All this time I just thought you wanted nothing with me. I guess it's not a huge deal. I just wanted to know."

"Well if it makes you feel better, since we reconnected, you're all I think about."

"That does make me feel better." I laughed and looked around. "Thank you. Seriously. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me."

"I'm sorry I never said anything. I probably could have saved both of us some heartache."

"You know what, it's not a big deal. I'm glad you came when you did. Although I did really like your buzz cut phase. I would have killed to date him." I smiled and squeezed his hand. "This is perfect. You're perfect."

He locked his fingers in mine. "Perfect for you."

Francesco returned with a cart that consisted of champagne and two plates of carbonara. It was delicious. The night was going perfect. After dinner, Nick pulled out his guitar, serenading me and placing his jacket over me as the night air chilled. He grabbed my hand, pulling me into a kiss. "Let's get you home. It's getting colder."

____

We got ready for bed and snuggled close. "Tonight was perfect, Nick. Thank you."

"You're welcome, beautiful"

"I'm so sleepy now." He rubbed my back and I instantly drifted off.

Nick's POV:

"Lex I have liked you for so long and you're everything I want. I don't see myself with anyone else."

Silence.

"Lex?" I kissed her head and shut off the light.

"Well since you can't hear me, I think I'm slowly falling in love with you."