Mystery player

A/n: a request from I_am_cyan. I'm so sorry this took so long to write! Hope you enjoy it!

Summary: idk readddddd

Wc: 1328

Warnings: none
--------------------
If you told me that two years after finishing high school, I would be standing in a changing room getting ready for my first offical NFL game I wouldn't have believed you.

This definetley wasn't how my life was supposed to play out. However after I found a liking to flag football, and setting new records for my former team many football coaches were interested in me. None from the women's division unfortunately.

The scout that first spotted me found out everything about me, and soon enough I was in another state attending the drafts, ultimately I didn't get picked because of the obvious. I'm a woman.

I almost gave up thinking I will never go professional, so I kept my job at a small cafe as a manager. That was until Los Angeles Chargers(LAC) coach Brandon Stanley reviewed my record and my gameplay, and he decided to sign me just as a kicker of course but it was something.

The step down role didn't bother me tho, as a determined young woman I decided to train, hard, every single day, and as I did the lead wide reciever Keenan Allen, noticed my ability to catch up with him and keep up with his gameplay. And by his recomendation the coach decided to make me a third string for a wide reciever.

And now with shaky hands I hold my phone, my mothers contact on it.

"Y/n/n." She smiles, her face appearing on my screen.

"Hey mama." I smile, seeing my father and siblings appear on the screen as well. The smile on my face extends as I see them all wearing my jersey.

"What you doing sweetie?" My dad asks.

I never told them I'm playing tonight, they think I'm not playing any official games. That of course doesn't stop them from wearing the jerseys I ship out since they live far away.

"Getting ready." I say.

"For what?" My mom asks.

"Ohhh, is it a date?" My sister smirks.

"No it's not." I shake my head with a chuckle. "I'm getting ready for a game."

"Oh, I thought they only played the official games now." My mom says. "Another friendly?"

"No, mom. I'm-I'm playing tonight. In the NFL." A series of gasps errupts from my screen.

"Oh, sweethart." My dad sighs, his eyes glossy from the tears pooling in them.

"That's amazing we are so proud of you Y/n/n." My mom says.

"Thank you." I smile. "I'm really nervous tho."

"That's okay darling." My dad jumps in. "Just be yourself, okay? You can do this and we will be right here to support you, even tho you can't see us."

"Yeah, Y/n you're gonna crush it." My younger brother says.

"Thank you guys." I say, my eyes glancing at the time in the corner of my screen. "I have to go. I love you guys."

"We love you too." All of them say.

"You're gonna do great Y/n/n." My mom says.

"Thanks mama." I say. "Bye."

I hang up the phone placing in in my bag before picking up my helmet and leaving the changing room.

"You got this Y/n. Come on." I whisper to myself, slipping on my helmet whivh has a visor on it meaning no one can see my face. Just how I want it to be.

Hailees pov:
"I don't wanna go Ayli." I groan flopping down on my bed.

"Too bad, babes." She says, flashing two tickets for tonights game. "Because these cost a fortune and I can't return them. Besides the Chargers will play the Bills anyway, so might as well give your boyfriend some insight."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes before getting off the bed and putting on my outfit for the day.
------------------
As the game goes on I completely shut out Ayli and her comments on how great her boyfriend is. My eyes however seem to be glued to the number 10 on the Chargers team. They are playing wide reciever and damn are they good.

A smile creeps up on my face as they do a silly celebratory dance on the sidelines after getting yet another point for their team. I carefully study the figure on the field noticing that their body looks quite feminime. In terms of shoulders, waist and legs. They don't look to manly.

There was a rumour circling around that there was a girl playing on that team. "It's pathetic that they need a woman to win." is what Josh said to me while filling me in on all the football drama that I couldn't care less about.

Eventually the game comes to an end, the Chargers win and number 10 gets player of the match. Number 10 takes their helmet off revealing that they in fact are a woman. Her long y/h/c hair stretches down past her shoulders, her face however is covered by a pair of sunglasses so no one can see her face fully, therefore making her more mysterious than she was. I feel my heart skip a beat as I take in her raidiating beauty.
--------
I lean against the wall of the hallway where the cahnging rooms are, waiting for Ayli and her boyfriend to come out. As I wait I decide to google number 10. By now I was determined to find out who this mystery woman is as Kyle, Ayli's boyfriend, i stelling me nothing since she wants to remain mysterious.

Google comes up with absolutely nothing so I try social media, again I come up with absolutely nothing.

"Who are you?" I whisper to myself.

I glance up seeing, the mystery player leave the girls changing room a bag over her right shoulders, glasses are still on her face along with a cap for added mystery.

She walks straight pass me and my eyes follow her as she walks outside. Just now do I see how much taller than me she is, her white shirt was tight highlighting her abs. Damn she works out.

She exits the building shutting the door behind her and just as she does Ayli and Kyle come out. Kyle's arm is around her waist while hist other arm carries a bag.

"Well played tonight Kyle." I smile as he nods.

"Thanks." He smiles. "Did someone come out of the girls chaging room already?"

"Yeah, she just left." I say.

"Damn it." He groans. "I accidentally took her water bottle." He says pulling out a red water bottle.

"Just give it to her at practice babe." Ayli says.

"Yeah, let me just text her real quick." He says, opening his phone and taking a picture of the water bottle before typing a text.

"What's her name?" I ask curiously.

"Can't say sorry." Kyle says, locking his phone. "She wants to remain mysterious."

"She seems cool." I say.

"Yeah, she is, an amazing player too." He nods. "You two would get along."

"Trueeeee." Ayli says.

"Maybe I'll meet her one day." I say.

"Maybe." Kyle says.

"Right bitches, let's go celebratee." Ayli says, singing the word 'celebrate', making Kyle and I giggle.

As the night goes on I can't stop thinking about number 10 and I know I will find out who she is. I have to.
------------------------
A/n: again sorry that took so long! Hope it's what you wanted and I hope u enjoyed it!

Also I'm sorry for not posting guys but school has been a lot and I have sm work to do so i geniuly barely have time for anything.

Anyhow, question of the day is:
What's your favourite book?
answer in the comments.

Don't forget to vote and comment my loves! Until next time take care of urself and stay safe! Love youuuuu! Byeeeeeeeee!

Pssssttttt. Want a pt2 of this?