Sixty four; Checkmate

"One thousand years Azazel". A deep voice boomed amidst the darkness, two figures emerged from the shade of the dark to the moonlight that shined through a hole into the secluded cave. A round abandoned fountain was what separated them, it was a huge sculpture of a dragon that stood at the center of the fountain.
"Here I am as you predicted". Nathan said.
The man that stood opposite to Nathan had a cloak draped over his face, his features were hidden under the hood. His frail bony hands couldn't be covered completely as he held his scythe in his left hand.
He chuckled without moving a muscle. "Who would believe I said a word and it came to pass? Given that I can't even hold a candle to my creator lest possess his powers".
"It is what it is" he replied with no expression on his face. "Did I fail you?"
"Fail me? No" the man said. "To be like me is no day's job. You had better qualities than your beautiful brother". They both chuckled to his choice of description when it came to Iblis.
"None of us will live up to your expectations".
"I am proud of you Azazel. From your loin, I shall reign again, mightily than ever. I shall have great power over mankind and make the earth my own". He said. "You may breathe your last tonight but you have done well for your roots".
"Did you feel the same way?"
"I felt worse. Being who we are, we are undeserving of unconditional love. No matter how much we want to stay true, our nature will surpass our willingness to have compassion". He explained to Azazel. "We will keep living in despair, our own weaknesses will push us to doom".
"I think dying in her arms will be a blissful experience". Nathan smirked devilishly.
"I think that is better than being cursed and held up in this place". The man said.
"It's all fucked up". Nathan said.
"Such language is not acceptable in my sacred place. Your time has run out. Go and face the chaos  brewing in the castle". He said.
Nathan nodded and dematerialized only to appear in a battling scene.
————————————————
Immediately Nathan had disappeared, she felt a lurking presence. The moment she arrived the castle, her senses began to work, more accurately. She hastily ran back to the royal room whence she had left.
"Elisha". She screamed, she could feel the darkness looming in the castle walls. It seemed the gates of hell had broken loose and the hounds were about to be unleashed. What a perfect timing. It was now clear to her that the white haired demon didn't come alone, she brought with her a dreadful company of slaughterers.
"Ravaya..." he stuttered before it dawned on him, there was something abnormal with the atmosphere, this was a sudden attack that no one was ready for.
"Elisha..." She called out, while moving her hands in a magical way, it began ringing a bell in his head, he knew what she was doing.
"No. Don't..."
"Too late. Besides, I want to fight Axelia, alone". She smirked and with a swooshing sound, she executed her spell, both Elisha and Olive's body disappeared.
"Well well well...see who is in her lonesome". Axelia materialized behind her, Gelma made a quick turn, with her fists clenched, she glared hard at the demon. From the side of her eyes, she saw Iscah appear.
"You are too smart for your kind white haired demon". Growled Gelma.
"I am smarter than you for sure". She chuckled. "See who you kept to guard those human weaklings".
Gelma's eyes dilated, what had they done to Dakuna? Her family?
"I had hopes in Azazel, Tsk! What a waste of time. I should have known that the most powerful was the berserk one". Axelia said.
"Using your own children as tools to access hell's throne is so low of you. What kind of a mother are you? All this time, you were the one who set them up against each other. You brought up the rivalry between them. You poisoned their minds". She roared at the platinum woman.
"Oh my earthling. Your words are nothing but empty noise. Iblis will emerge as king of the underworld. Through him, my legacy shall live on. Unlike his predecessor and that weak brother of his, he has no weakness, his government will palpably have no end".
"That is if I will let it be".
Axelia laughed at her, it was like she wasn't in realization of how grave the situation was.
"You will offer your blood to him, in exchange for your family. The condition still stands".
"Where are they? Where did you take them?" She shouted at them.
"In Iblis's den. What are you going to do? You were warned not to step in, but your family is stuck in there" she whispered loud enough to Gelma's hearing.
'No...this is dangerous, too dangerous. What will I do?' Gelma pondered.
With a sequence of hand movements, vampire warriors appeared before her.
"So you can summon vampire warriors huh?" Axelia was amazed, so he went as far as marking you? She thought.
"What can they do?"
"Fight your minions, and buy me some time".
"If you waste time, you will lose your family". Axelia threatened.
Gelma smirked, "The moment they die, they will be of no use".
"What the?" The two women were taken aback, was she going to let them die?
"Are you shocked? Don't be...we are playing a game aren't we? Checkmate". She said and the vampires began attacking them while she disappeared.