Chapter thirty one; Witches' tactics

Olive made way into her chambers, she had had a long day, trying to find solutions to their problems. The deranged vampires attacking them were entirely different and no ordinary weapons could annihilate them, silver bullets, daggers or Wolf blood was unable to kill them, it could only weaken them. She had to work on them cautiously, she had to begin with searching for the manufacturer of those creatures. All evidence was pointing at the witches, she swore to attack them and make their lives miserable, they were going to expose to her who the enemy was.
Just as she entered, she felt his presence, it was much more powerful, he had payed a visit to his home, and now, the power was pulsating out of him. It didn't scare her the least, for she possessed the same dark power.
"You have denied to let me be". She said, starring at him with her emotionless eyes.
Elisha gazed at her empty eyes that made him feel melancholic, he was losing hope of ever claiming her.
"My heart calls your name princess... you are the sole reason I breathe".
His endearing words didn't even affect her look, the rhythm of her heart beat had changed slightly, it didn't pass his notice. She starred at him even longer, why was he being heady?
"You know what loving me would do to you". She stated coldly. "Our story is no fairy tale".
"I told you I would find a solution". He argued, waking up from her bed. He began moving towards her. She didn't flinch or retreat backwards, her feet refused to move and remained rooted.
"Stop fighting your desire. You want me". He stated when he finally before her. He took her hands in his.
"Let it all out Olive". He whispered to her. "Let me be the support you need, I can be the shoulder you cry on".
She shook her head in refusal. If they went on with this attachment that was developing between them, they would only hurt themselves. The end was inevitable. She didn't want to rely on hope.
"Stop your attempts, they would turn out futile".
"I have been in search of the witch queen for three days now". He said to her.
"So you haven't found her?"
"No". He answered.
"Even with Dakuna's help?" She was perplexed, Dakuna was capable of doing the impossible.
But it seemed he failed at it as she saw Elisha shake his head.
"He said she was hiding and was making use of a powerful spell to cloak her hiding". He explained.
She frowned, her brows in furrows. Why would she be in hiding? That too with an intent not to be found.
"She shouldn't be in hiding if she is an innocent witch". She told him, her voice laced with anger and bitterness. "Thenas is facing attacks from these witches' tactics. She is definitely the orchestra of their mission"
"What are you talking about?" He sounded surprised, he never had an inkling of this situation.
"We thought we could handle it but it's getting out of control". She said. "It seems I have to use my demonic powers to eradicate them". She sighed.
"Can I see what their pawns look like?"
"We would have to visit the northern borders for that". She answered. "I should see for myself how inventive those witches are". She hissed.
They exchanged knowing glances.
"This is just a distraction like last time". She stated and he did agree. There was something bigger that their enemies were aiming for. This was their tactic, to make them focus on the minor problems and forgo the major problems. They weren't so stupid to fall for such the second time.