Chapter thirteen

Gelma saw Miss Jonas walking towards the boss's office. Note...she didn't even spare her a glance talk-less of greeting her. Had she stepped on Nathalie's toes? She watched her get in and different thoughts kept swirling in her mind. The office was sound proof so she couldn't eavesdrop.
"What is this I am hearing Nathan". Nathalie glared at him. She attacked him immediately she got in, she was even more infuriated seeing him seated as majestical as ever.
"I  heard well you would know I don't want to talk about it".
"You should push her away as far as possible not pamper her". Nathalie went on. "She isn't a threat to any of us so why keep her?"
Nathan never answered her and kept his focus on his laptop.
"If you didn't care, she wouldn't have been here. Maybe you're interested in what happened hundreds of years ago. The reason she left".
"Nathalie". Came the warning bells but she refused to appeal to it.
"The reason why Iblis became more powerful the moment she left".
"Leave". He ordered, eyes already red and at the verge of losing his sanity.
Nathalie left immediately. She didn't want to invite his wrath on her.
————————-
Gelma as respectful and obedient as she was, made way in the boss's office with all the documents she was required to bring.
"Sir, the Buena's corporation have been appealing for a meeting for two months now but they are constantly ignored. I doubt it was your doing because they could be offering a good deal".
"Says who. You know nothing so just keep quiet".  He fired at her for exposing her lame thoughts.
So much for acting professional. Wasn't there freedom of speech in this crooked company of his.
"Have you rescheduled a meeting for Donarch Ltd?" Hw asked her while he was scanning the papers.
"Yes sir. The meeting is in a week's time". She answered feeling pleased with herself. The most efficient PA you'd ever find pervert, she scoffed in her mind.
"What kind of spray do you use?" He asked her suddenly throwing her off the cliff. Was this a part of professionalism she wasn't aware of? What would her spray do to better the success of his company? Jesus save her from this sick pervert.
"I...
"Save it. I know it is cheap and awful". He interrupted her.
"So rude". She muttered to herself, not knowing the man seated before her was capable of hearing her.
Nathan glared at her throwing her off the cliff for the umpteenth time that day. What did she do to deserve that soul piercing glare?
"Use this instead". He dropped on his work table a gift bag. 'A GIFT BAG'.
Was this his way of gifting people? Wait! Was gifting employees termed as professional? She took it regardless. Now her curiosity was the force driving her. She opened it and saw a small golden box, she could already perceive the scent eluding from the perfume box. The smell of roses wafted the entire room. How did he know she loved roses and was mesmerized by their aroma? Was he actually gifting her? And in the most romantic way? Wait! This was the devil we are talking about here. What is going on?
"I can't accept this. This might be a way to lure me in your bed". She immediately face palmed herself mentally for uttering such nonsense. Why couldn't she see that he was walking on the good path, trying to win her heart? Of course it would be hard to believe such. Nathan would rather die than have an interest in her.
————————-
Living up to my promise.