95k special chapter

January 15th 2047

It was a cold January morning in Shelter BO6-32. On the upper ground where the shelter was situated snow was after falling ,leaving a white fluffy blanket spread across all the land. But inside the walls of the hidden shelter Ray was fast asleep tucked under his blanket to escape the coldness of the morning, slowly but surely the boy opened his eyes rubbing them with the sleeve of his jumper. "What time is it..?" He said under his breath with a yawn.

The boy turned around to realise nobody else was in the room. Every one of the beds were empty without a single trace of a human being in sight. "Did we get attacked?" Rays eyes widened as he stumbled over to Y/ns bed. "Y/n?" He moved the blankets off of the mattress to reveal nobody. "What going on..." he ran over his bed, putting his boots on getting ready to attack a potential intruder. As Ray was about to open the bedrooms door he looked up at the calendar, realising its date.

"January 15th, huh? " Ray sighed, ruffling his hair between his fingers. "A year since we escaped..and it's my birthday.." he hummed to himself. Slowly the door began to creak open slowly as y/n popped her head in to see if the boy was still asleep. The (h/c) haired girl gasped in excitement realising Ray was awake. "Happy birthday Ray!!" Y/n jumped into his arms giving him a comforting hug. Ray closed his eyes and smiled as he melted into her touch. "Thank you" he said quietly, burying his face in her shoulder. "It's your first birthday being free from Gracefield! How does it feel?" Y/n broke the hug to look at the boy. "It feels strange...but good" he smiled.

"Where is everyone..? I was convinced we got attacked" Ray asked. "They are down the hallway. We left you sleep in a bit. Thoma said you look like a walking zombie half the time... so we let you sleep in as a birthday present" y/n giggled. "Of course he said that" Ray sighed. "Come on!" Everyone is waiting for you" y/n grabbed his hand guiding him out of the room.

In the shelters kitchen Yugo and a handful of the children were attempting to cook pancakes for a birthday breakfast. "Hey!! I said not to touch that!" Yugo hissed at Mark who was eating pancake batter out of the bowl. "Sorry..breakfast is taking too long" Mark sniffed, wiping the batter off his face. "Dominic if you don't get back here with those chocolate chips in three seconds I won't read any bedtime story's tonight" Yugo said, with his hands on his waist. "Awww..can I have just one...please?" Dominic asked. Yugo rolled his eyes handing a single chocolate chip to the young boy. "Can I have one too?" Chris asked. "Me too!" Jemima added in. "Don't forget about me!" Rossi asked. "Okay that is it! If one more little child asks me for a chocolate chip I am going to go insane" Yugo Sighed, handing each child a single chip.

"Uhh...Yugo I think the pancakes are burning.." Oliver walked into the kitchen alerted by the sight of smoke arising from the pan and engulfing the room. "Argh!!! This is why I ate out of tin cans and biscuit tins for thirteen years! I cannot cook. Where is y/n when you need her?!" Yugo groaned as he attempted to flip the pancakes with a spatula .

"Uh...is something burning?" Y/n and Ray walked into the kitchen. "Yeah!! You better get over here!! Yugo can't cook if his life depended on it" Chris gasped dramatically. "Shut up you little fart" Yugo patted Chris's head. "Hey! Happy birthday Ray" Yugo walked towards the teen, giving him a big hug. "Thanks" Ray said as he watched the burnt pancakes get thrown into the bin by y/n. "Can't believe it's your birthday already..." Yugo chuckled. Ray nodded awkwardly. "They grow up so fast" Yugo faked cried pretending to wipe his eyes causing the younger children to laugh. "Happy birthday Ray!" The children ran up to him giving him handmade cards. "Thanks everyone" Ray smiled warmly.

"Alright...Yugo burnt half the batter trying to make pancakes and Mark ate the other half so.." y/n laughed nervously. "What are we gonna eat now?" Jemima sighed lowering her head. "Isn't there fruit growing in the underground garden here? Let's have a fruit salad!" Alicia said with a bright smile. "That's a great idea!" Y/n high fived the young girl. "Emma's down at the garden with Gillian and Violet so we can ask them to bring some fruit up!" Chris said. "That's a good idea" Ray ruffled Chris's hair as the young children left the kitchen.