16~ Mamas spy

The grandfather clock ticked in the corner of the room. Ray and Norman stood in silence for a moment. Until a smirk grew on Rays face. "What are you talking about? What's wrong Norman?" Ray asked the Boy standing in front of him "you know by now, don't you? I set a trap for three people" Norman explained"I told Don the rope was under my bed and I told Gilda it was in the upstairs bathroom ceiling... well that's at least what I told you.  But actually, I told Don it was in the dining hall and I told Gilda it was in the library." Norman said. Rays eyes narrowed. "But  the rope under my bed has disappeared...so what about the other two places, should we check them next?" Norman asked the Raven haired boy.

Ray sat on Normans bed and fell back onto his back. He put an arm over his eyes and starting laughing. "Aw man and I thought I was doing so well" Ray said removing his arm from his eyes. He sat up straight on the bed and stared at the floor. "That's right Norman, I am Mamas spy" He said lifting his arm up to Norman. "When did you start suspecting me?" The raven haired boy asked. "The day sister krone came to the house. I was disgusted with myself for thinking such a thing. You were the first person I suspected. Even though you're our friend I was just hoping it wasn't true. For us it would be the most problematic if you were the traitor but from the enemy's point of view it would be quite beneficial. You can give opinions on our plans and from the perspective of controlling the situation, it's perfect. Nobody else fits the position just as well as you." Norman said.

"So that's why you suspected me and I walked right into your little trap, huh?" Ray said with a smirk "one more thing, you're not a traitor who was set up for just this matter, right? Mama would never trust a sudden ask to become a spy." Norman said as he bent down to Rays level who was sitting on the bed. "Just how long have you been Mamas spy?" Asked Norman "for a long time now. I've been a spy for years. Basically a sheepdog for a shepherd" Ray answered as Normans face became angry "So you knew about everything and assisted Mama the whole time?" "Basically" "was everything a lie?All the time you spent preparing with Emma y/n and me? " Norman asked in an angry tone. "Just how much have you been telling Mama? The tracking devices can be broken right?" "What's the point in asking that? Depending on the answer will you cut me off?" Ray asked still with a smirk glued on his face. "I won't, I'll have you by our side, just like you've always been. Aren't you glad? You can continue to hide the mistakes you've made" Norman said raising an eyebrow crossing his arms with a grin. "You wanted to keep spying on all of us even if it meant shipping Don out" Norman finished.

"What do you want?" Ray asked with an unamused face. Norman held up three fingers "I want three things. One, continue to spend time with us like before. Two, release all the information you have to us and three, flip to our side. Become my spy now." Ray looked up at Norman "You want me to be the ace up your sleeves" Ray asked interested in Normans response. "Yeah" Norman Said with a smile "Are you an idiot?" Ray asked annoyed "if that was your objective from the beginning you should have kept quite and used me and abandoned me when you execute the escape. That would have been a better plan" Ray said looking at the floor. Norman put his hands behind his back and smiled "You're right but... she reminded me that we are family and we all grew up together" Norman said as he walked over to his bed side locker and sat on it. "I want to believe in you too. After all, you're my friend before enemy. Besides, you're the one who hid little bunny am I right?" Norman asked Ray. "That night when we went to the gate, if you hadn't said that we could make it we wouldn't have gone. You are the one who led us to discover the truth of the house. You are the one who set up the escape for our sake didn't you?" Norman asked but Ray just stared at the boy. "Ray, why did you become Mamas sheepdog? If you were 100 percent Mamas spy then you wouldn't have done those things to make us realise the truth. You were controlling us. The timing for the escape, the tracking devices, and how fast the plan progressed but you were the one keeping Mama under control? You're not the enemy after all, right?" Norman asked. "I volunteered myself. I went to her" answered Ray. Normans eyes widened "No, it's more like I sold myself...it was all in preparation for this escape. It was the best way to learn about the enemy. That's why I brought the deal up to Mama. I had chances to succeed. Mama would want to avoid harvesting a top scorer. She cares more about profit than rules, that's how I saw it. I asked for two things... One, I'll cooperate so I don't immediately get shipped out. And two, I asked for rewards if I gave information." "Rewards?" "Just various junk from the outside world. I was testing what I could obtain and what was impossible. But I also wanted to research the outside. Turns out, she got me a whole lot of new things. As long as they weren't dangerous. But every item she'd bring me was out dated."

"So then...when you said you had an idea about breaking the tracking devices..." Norman trailed off "I've seen the actual model. I have been experimenting and after many years I figured out how to break them...it is possible to break the tracking devices" Ray said as he glared at Norman who sat there in shock. "So do you understand?" Ray asked as he opened his arms out "I'm the strongest card you'll ever have! Nobody else will ever compare. You can't even begin to imagine how much I've learnt over the years.... From the moment I discovered the truth I've been preparing" Ray said as he put his hand over his eyes. "Ray-" "I had You, Y/n and Emma go to the gate without having anyone notice" He continued, removing his hand from his face "all of this... just to make sure you three don't die!" He shouted at Norman, pointing his finger to the boy sitting beside him.

Norman sat there in a nervous sweat staring at the raven haired boy. "It's just like you said Norman, I'm not your enemy or your ally. Let's make a deal, after that I'll completely turn to your side. I'll tell you every thing I know and leak false information to Mama. Under two conditions" Ray said "What are they?" Norman asked. "Trick Emma. Tell her we will bring everyone but ditch them before we escape. Even if we do bring others it will only be Don and Gilda." "Are you saying we should give up taking everyone?" Norman asked nervously "yes" "But the training is helping them grow stronger and faster everyday. You even said that they are improving and have potential. You meant it didn't you? Then all of us can-" "Regardless, it doesn't change the fact they are a huge burden" Ray said "You said you were going to help us, didn't you Ray?" Asked Norman

"What I'm doing now is helping. You don't like it then you and Emma can die here." Ray said pointing to the ground. "But I thought you wanted Emma and I to stay alive? And what about y/n? You won't let her die here will you?" "To be honest, I'd prefer you get shipped out and die rather than dying after the escape. Y/n can leave with the others and escape to the outside world. So, do we have a deal?" Ray asked putting his hands in his pockets. "What about the second condition?" Norman asked Ray.

Ray stared at Norman for a moment "whatever happens during now and after the escape you must promise y/ns safety. If something ever happened to her I'd never forgive myself" He said. Norman nodded and took a deep breath standing up. "Fine then" He said. Ray held Normans shoulder tightly "If I find out you lied to me.." Ray said "Don't worry I'll keep my word" Norman responded. After that Ray walked to the doorway to leave. "Ray?" "what is it?" "Are you the special product? Or do you know what it is at least? Sister krone mentioned it outside" Ray shut his eyes to think for a moment "I have no clue. Mama Never mentioned a special product to me. Only you did" He answered. Norman nodded his head and Ray shut the door leaving the bedroom.

Ray walked down the hallway to Mama Isabella's office opening the door. "What took you so long?" The raven haired woman asked. "Just talking to Norman" Ray answered closing the door behind him. "About what?" The woman asked with a smile "Not much as changed. They are still training by playing tag. The problem is that Sister you brought here. She's on the move again. So be careful" Ray said "Oh I see" Isabella said "you shouldn't have brought her here" Ray said leaning against the wall "I mean, I know you only did it because you don't trust me enough. I've helped you for eight years and you still don't trust me? I might cry" Ray said with a smirk. "It's only a precaution. Though I hope you are aware that if you didn't let those three go to the gate we wouldn't be in this position at all" "I said I was sorry" He said walking closer to Isabella "I never thought someone like you could fail such a simple task. I wasn't really asking for much" she said crossing her arms "I already made up for that by spying for you. I ratted on my friends and I report every move Sister Krone has made in detail. So you better give me my reward"Ray demanded. "Well of course, that is part of our deal" Isabella said in a soft tone.

"I'm going to bed" Ray said leaving the room "Good night, Ray" Mama said with a smile "Oh by the way, what's up with this 'special product' thing? Norman thought it was about me" Ray said with a slight smirk. Isabella furrowed her eyebrows "And how would Norman know about that?" She asked "Sister Krone, she mentioned it to him when we were playing tag apparently" He said "Right... well never mind that. Good night Ray" Isabella said closing the door to her office.

"Looks like I'll have to get rid of Krone sooner than expected..." Mama Isabella said to herself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~