2 ~ Tag

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! TIME TO GET UP OR YOULL MISS BREAKFAST!"  Emma energetically shouted as she pounced out of her bed. Eventually all of the children slowly rolled out of their beds and got began to get ready for a new day at Gracefield house.

Apart from one girl who was trying her best to block out Emma's shouting.
"Y/n you gotta wake up soon it's your turn to cook breakfast again!" Emma shouted as she threw a pillow at y/ns head.
"Okay okay!! " y/n said as she peeled herself off of her bed. The (h/c) haired girl got dressed in her usual clothes. A soft White shirt , a white skirt , white socks and her brown boots with laces.
Y/n brushed her (h/c) hair and was about to leave the room when she felt a tug at her skirt.
It was Conny. Adorable Conny everyone loved. And today is a special day , it's her 'adoption' day. "Y/n , could you help me tie my laces?" Conny asked with a warm smile."Of course! Is Don doing your hair for you?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah! Don is really good at brushing my hair... umm...but when you brush my hair you brush it too hard." Conny giggled.
"I'm so sorry!" Y/n says with a nervous laugh.
"It's okay! Hopefully my new mommy and daddy won't brush my hair too hard. And maybe they could tie my laces too! Just like you do!" She said as y/n tied them. "I'm sure you'll get a super nice Mom and Dad!" Y/n said with a smile. "Thank you y/n! " she said as she ran down the hallway.

Y/n stopped for a second.

"Oh no! I'm supposed to cook breakfast I'm so late" she yelled as she sprinted down the hallway not stopping to say good morning to any of the other children. Until she bumped into an older women by mistake.

"Oh! Sorry Mama! Im just in a rush because I have to cook breakfast!! It's my turn and I forgot." Y/n was about to keep running when Mama put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright my darling y/n. Ray decided to take your place in cooking today's breakfast because you weren't there. I'm sure you were doing something to help one of the younger children so I let it slide." Mama said with a smile. Y/n smiled. "Thank you Mama! I was helping Conny with her laces."

"That was nice of you. Now go help Norman and Emma set up the table, alright?" Mama asked with a wink.
"Mhm!" Y/n replied and ran over to two of her best friends.

Y/n and Isabella always had a special bond. As Y/n got older living at the house every year Isabella would teach her a new hobby like sewing , painting, calligraphy but y/n's favourite was baking and cooking. When she turned fifteen she grew more distant with Mama as she became more busy with the younger children but the two still held a special bond in each others hearts for one another.

"Morning guys!" Y/n said as she took a couple plates off Emma. "Oh! Good morning y/n!" Emma said."Morning y/n!" Norman added too. Y/n placed some plates on the table."Man I cant believe it's Connys last day here." Y/n said sadly. "Me too! It feels like yesterday she just arrived at the house!" Emma said.

Y/n was about to reply to Emma's comment when she felt a hand touch her shoulder.
"Morning y/n" Ray said.

"Morning ray! Sorry for making you cook breakfast." Y/n said feeling a bit guilty her friend took on her responsibility.

"It's alright I don't mind cooking." Ray said.

When the four oldest were finished setting the table the food was brought out by ray and the help of some younger children.

The warm smell of fried eggs and toast quickly filled the room and everyone was very excited to eat their breakfast.

Emma sat next to Norman and across from them sat Ray and Y/n.

"Good morning my darling children , let us thank that all 39 of you are able to live happy lives under this roof." Mama Isabella said as she stood at the top of the middle table. "Thank you for the food!" Everyone said. Shortly afterwards they all began eating.