1 ~ The Gate

Four small children stood at a big steel gate enclosed with a large brick wall covered in moss.
"Hey you guys... what's this?" A small orange haired girl asks with curiosity flooding her mind as she grasps two of the steel bars. "It's a gate." Another child with platinum blonde hair replied. "It connects the inside from the outside." A girl with (h/c) hair said. "Outside ... we've never been outside..." Emma said as she looked deeper into the long hall beyond the gate. It was so dark they couldn't see much.
"Mama always tells us not to go near the gate or fence because it's very dangerous ." Y/n said, copying Emma's actions.

"That's an obvious lie." Another small boy with raven hair said as he appears next to y/n with a book in his hand. "Really?" Emma asked "Hmm... what do you guys wanna do when you get outside?" Y/n asked her three friends.

"I wanna ride a giraffe!" Emma said with sparkles in her eyes.

Y/n and Norman laugh. "Good luck with that." Ray said bluntly. "And you y/n?" Emma asked.

"I wanna open a cafe and the four of us can live upstairs! And own a pet cat!" Y/n said happily thinking of her dream of the future.

"You can barely make toast how are you gonna own a cafe?" Ray asked with a sarcastic laugh.

"Hey!!" Y/n said annoyed waving her hands in the air. Ray just lightly knocked her on the head with his book. "I'll be a great cook! Just you wait and see!" Y/n huffed and puffed. "I wonder what this gate is really protecting us from.." Norman said as his grip tightens on the gate.

~~~~~~~