19 ~ The Fight

Don and Gilda walked down the staircase, there wasn't a sight of any other children around, not even Mama. Suddenly Don took a sharp turn confusing Gilda. "But Don that way is..." She said following behind him as he led her to Mamas office door. "Are you really thinking about going in there?" Gilda asked "I can't stay calm like them. And I need to know the real Mama" Don said staring at the door. Gilda gave him a worried look and then nodded.

Don knocked on the office door then opened it slowly. He and Gilda both walked in nervously looking around. Don walked over to the book shelf at the wall and placed his hand on it. "There's a hidden door behind here" He said as he tried pushing the shelf to reveal behind it but it wouldn't budge. "Why won't it move?" Don asked annoyed punching it. "It won't move! We have to hurry up and save Conny as soon as possible!" He said again. "Maybe... take a closer look at the shape" Gilds said. She pushed the bookshelf to the side causing it to reveal the entrance to Mamas secret room. "Let's go" Don said with a determined look turning the doorknob. "It's locked" he said.

Suddenly the office door began to creak open slowly leaving Gilda and Don in serious panic to reveal...

"Phil?" Don asked confused as to why the little boy wandered into the room with a smile. "Shhh" he said holding a finger up to his mouth slightly closing the door. "I'm playing hide and seek with Nailia and Eugene" he said. Gilda and Don let out a sigh of relief. "Oh I see" Gilda said thankfully.

Meanwhile Emma, Norman, Ray and Y/n were all still in the bedroom. "So..." Norman said "The next thing to investigate is..." "Outside" they all said at the same time. "We already know most of what's inside of the house and trainings going well, the trackers can be broken which leaves learning about the outside and if we can outmanoeuvre the adults. Once that's done we can clear the wall for sure" Ray said sitting down on the bed next to Y/n. "Next is checking out the escape route" Emma said "The escape we planes out consists of three steps" Norman said pacing up and down the room. "One, get over the wall and escape. Two, get away from this farm as soon as possible. Three, establish a way to survive outside and become self reliant. We have everything we need to pass the first step, as for the second the outside is key. When we leave we should run as far as we can so let's examine and prepare" Norman said.

"We need information about the area outside" Ray said "When I climbed up a big tree I saw a really big forest" Emma said "Okay but we gotta confirm stuff like that" Ray said. "Okay, let's look into it tomorrow" Norman said. Y/n and Emma nodded. "Okay" y/n said with a smile. "Oh yeah! There was one more thing I wanted to show you guys" Emma said leaving the three confused "I have someone I want you to meet!" She said with a grin.

Emma led the three to the library and she threw a book down from a high shelf opening it. "Right here!" She said pointing to a symbol of an owl and a name. "Mr. William Minerva..." Norman read out loud. Emma nodded. "Who's he?" Y/n asked walking over to Norman and Emma to get a better look. "I don't know, all I know is that he is the former owner of these books" Emma said jumping down from the ladder. "But I think it's possible he's on our side" Emma continued "what do you mean?" Norman asked "he's been delivering certain messages throughout some of his books. And not just a few books, lots of them!" Emma said throwing her hands in the air with excitement.

After the four found all of Mr William Minerva's books they opened them all on the table. "This symbol is a bookplate" y/n said examining the books. "It's a label that indicates the books owner before it came here" she continued. "Whats the message?" Norman asked as y/n shrugged. "Look closer" Emma said. "They are all the same owl" he said as he examined them even closer. "Wait- no! The circle...it's morse code!" Norman said looking up at his friends. Ray smiled and put his thumb up. "Correct" he said.

The four sat down together at the table trying to break the secret messages in the books. "It says...Run" Norman said breaking the first one. "And this one says doubt" y/n said pointing to another. "This one says Danger and this last one says truth...but still, these still don't mean-" Norman said getting cut off by Emma. "Hey guys what about these?" She said carrying a few more books and setting them down on the table. "These ones say Harvest, Monster...Farm..." Norman Said.