8~ The Nightmare

Y/n was sitting in her bed writing down recipes she came up with in her notepad to make in the up coming few days when she gets better. She felt rather bored begin alone in the cold dark infirmary by herself.

There was a knock at the door. "Finally Ray! I was wondering what took you so long." The girl said smiling at the door waiting for Ray to open it. But instead she was met with a familiar tall raven haired woman. "Oh- hi Mama I thought you were Ray." Y/n admitted with a nervous laugh.
Mama just smiled at her and sat down in the wooden chair next to y/ns bed. "That's alright y/n , I just came in here to ask how you were feeling." Mama said. "I'm feeling much better, to be honest I think that soup Ray made is helping me more than the medicine." Y/n replied. "That's good to hear." Mama Said as she leaned closer to the girl placing something in her hand and she started to walk out of the room. "You dropped this." The woman smiled creepily trying to scare y/n as she closed the door behind her and left. Y/n quickly opened her hand to reveal a crumpled piece of paper...it was the drawing she made for Conny. She dropped it at the gate when they hid under the truck. Y/n stared at it as her eyes opened wider. "I hope Emma and Norman have a good plan..." y/n whispered to herself as she placed the drawing on the bedside locker.

About an hour later y/n was fast asleep until...she sat up in her bed with sweat dripping down her forehead. "That was a horrible nightmare...I didn't even recognise anyone in it..." she said to herself. "I wonder if Ray is still awake" y/n asked herself as she wrapped a blanket around her and walked out of the infirmary to the library.

"Ray?" Y/n loudly whispered as she opened the library doors. Ray was at the back of the library looking through a bookshelf but as soon as he noticed the (h/c) haired girl he walked right up to her. "Hey what are you doing out of bed?" He asked in a confused tone. "Sorry-" "You should be asleep you need your rest you are still sick." He said standing in front of the girl. "I know but I was just scared..." "of what?" The boys face softened "It sounds kinda stupid but I just had a bad dream and I was wondering if you could stay with me for a bit." Ray sighed and then smiled. "Okay fine that does sound sorta stupid though." He boy answered putting an arm around y/ns shoulder guiding her to the infirmary. "Hey! When you were younger and had bad nightmares you used to fall asleep with me! So return the favour" She whispered loudly glaring at him. He just laughed, she hit him on the arm.

Eventually they made it back to the infirmary. Y/n laid down on her bed then Ray gently placed the blankets on top of her as he sat on the wooden chair next to her about to open the book he brought.

Y/n patted a spot on the bed next to her. "Do I have to-" "Yep!" "Fine." He answered but it was obvious that he didn't mind. He laid down on the bed next to her and opened the book. "Is this the Princess in the castle book from last time?" The girl asked "yeah I brought it for us to read , though It's not one of my favourites it's obviously one of yours so I thought it would help you sleep." He said looking away in embarrassment. "Thanks!" Y/n said quickly before sneezing. Ray handed her a tissue and y/n thanked him. "I promise I'll make a really nice dinner when I'm well again to say thanks for looking after me." She said while throwing the Tissue into the bin.

Y/n and Ray read about five chapters of the book before they both fell fast asleep. Ray was practically hugging y/n in his sleep and y/n just peacefully laid there. Until a faint knocking at the door woke her up suddenly. Y/n rubbed her eyelids and looked at the door. "Oh right... the meeting.." she said to herself about to get up when she felt a weight bringing her back down. It was Ray with his arms wrapped around her. Y/ns face turned red "Ray-" Y/n said quietly. Ray turned over onto his side. "Five more minutes..." he said faintly still asleep which made room for y/n to get up and out of the room.

Finally y/n broke free and left the room.
Emma and Norman were standing outside the door. Emma had a grin on her face. " I saw that~" she sang looking at y/n. "huh?" Asked y/n "don't act dumb! We saw you and Ray!" She blurted out. "That was by mistake we were only reading a book he wasn't supposed to fall asleep!" Y/n loudly whispered trying to defend herself. Norman laughed quietly. "It's okay y/n , let's discuss the plan."

"So we go inside the locked room and grab the rope and hide it?" Y/n asked as both Emma and Norman nodded.

After the trio retrieved the rope and hid it for the next day y/n had to tell them about her encounter with Mama earlier that evening.

"Mama came into the infirmary and handed me my gift for conny saying 'you dropped this.' And left.." "you are definitely a suspect then..." Emma said staring at the ground. "It's okay y/n we will find away around it. She also asked us if we went to the gate so it wasn't just you but all three of us." Y/n sighed. "Alright. Let's talk more tomorrow. Also I think we should tell Ray I feel bad for leaving him out.... He has a right to know too." Y/n added before heading to the infirmary. "Let's chat about that tomorrow too , yeah?" Emma asked the pair as they nodded and went their separate ways.

Y/n crawled back into the bed to be met with a sleepy Ray at her side. She brushed some hair out of his face and whispered goodnight to him before falling asleep herself.

~~~~~~~~~~