37~ The deal

Emma stood next to y/n. "Let us introduce ourselves properly. My names Emma" "and my names y/n, what's your name?" Y/n asked. "Get out. I don't need to tell you my name. There's no need for it" the man said with a cold stare. Emma pulled out a chair and a smile grew across her face. "Have a seat" the girl said. The man just stood there in the middle of the room staring at the girl. "I'll sit then" Emma said.

"How are you feeling?" Y/n asked. "Horrible" "well you must be hungry! Sorry for straping you to a table and taking your cookies...and punching you- but to make up for all of that, we made you some soup" y/n said with a smile, handing the man a bowl of warm soup with a spoon. "It's not poisonous, it's good" y/n said.

The man stared at the soup for a few moments before placing it on the table beside him. "Oh but Gilda warmed it up for you-" y/n said. "This soup was made with ingredients we brought ourselves so we didn't use any of your food. And we will continue to secure more supplies from outside. We will use the least amount of rooms, water and electricity we can. So let's share this shelter?" Emma asked, putting out her hand for him to shake.

"No freaking way. Get the hell out" The man said with an angry expression. "Actually, that's not it. These are formalities. Before we make a deal. Because I know you don't really care about the supplies being limited and stuff right? I'm going to get right to the point. We are going to see Mister William Minerva. I want you to be our bodyguard" Emma said. "Body guard and guide?" The man asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"I know you're strong. You've survived thirteen years here. And you probably go outside a lot" Y/n said. "His shoes are worn out, his stomach isn't flabby at all. And...there were fresh fruits in the pantry. Those types aren't available in the indoor garden and they were pretty new. He probably went near the forest or water to get them" Said Ray. "Near the water?! Those are dangerous areas that might have demon nests near them" Lanni and Thoma Said in a panic.

"You're not a weakling. And you've also had experience searching for Mr. Minerva. Does this look familiar?" Y/n asked as she held up the old letter they had previously read. "When we found this it was already opened. Your group also looked for him, just as this letter instructed" Said Emma.

"Emma, Ray and I will go look for him too. We want the benefit of your experience and skills" y/n said. The man smirked. "Not my problem, I refuse. Leave." Said the man. "We will leave. Once we find Mr. Minerva and come back safely" Emma said sternly. "We will leave this shelter immediately. All of us" y/n said.

The children stood in silence waiting for the man's answer. He stood there and scratched his head. "Heh, that's the deal? You except me to risk a deadly journey on those conditions? Protect your annoying little brats? You gotta be kidding me" he said as he rolled his eyes.

Y/ns face grew angry. "You want us to leave right?" She asked as her hands turned to fists. "Yeah, but it will be faster if I just kill you here and now" said the man, pulling the knife out of his coat pocket and drawing it to y/ns face. The younger children shouted and screamed as they ran to Emma and Ray. Ray immediately picked up a small gun and pointed it to the man.

"Are you sure you want to do that? If you kill me, you'll loose your guide and bodyguard. Don't you need me?" The man said with a smirk, looking at Ray. "I'm not going to kill you" said the raven haired boy, putting the gun on the table. "Huh?" "You can have this one back. I removed the bullets" Ray said. "Yeah we aren't holding your life hostage, sir" Y/n said.

Ray took out a small device with a button on it out of his pocket. "We found this in the reference room. Perhaps to protect the secrets. Just in case the demons find this place" y/n said. "The wires were cut and it took me a while to fix it. Thanks to this, I'm sleep deprived. This emergency detonator" Ray said, holding the device higher so the man could see it.