S&M (Epilogue)

Vanessa

September

"I think we're done."

Brushing off his dusty palms on his khaki shorts, Jake took a step back to assess the project we had just completed. 

We both tilted our heads, squinting our eyes at the haphazardly constructed treehouse. "Does it seem...crooked?" I questioned.

"Oh, for sure," he agreed. "It's definitely unsafe and I highly recommend that neither of us try to climb into it." He slid a glance in my direction, a large smirk upon his face as he slung one arm around my shoulders. "I warned you not to put the board on that branch, sis."

I nudged him in the ribs. "The other one had a really big spider crawling on it and Mr. "I'll always protect you" refused to take care of it for me. I never realized how many notes you were capable of hitting with your screams."

Jake planted his hands on his hips as he mimicked what I had just said in a high-pitched voice.

"Shut up, weasel face," I replied, rolling my eyes.

With a grin, he scoffed. "Did you forget that we're twins?"

I held up a finger. "Fraternal. And I'm the better looking one."

"Fine. But I'm the smarter one. Clearly." He gestured at the treehouse just as it groaned loudly and collapsed onto the forest floor with a crash.

Erupting into laughter, we wrapped our arms around each other's waist as we began walking back towards home. "God, I'm going to miss you getting on my nerves," I stated. It was the last evening before I had to leave for New York in the morning and Jake and I had decided to embark on our yearly tradition of constructing a treehouse.

It was a final kiss good-bye to our childhood as I prepared to begin college in a world unknown. My bags were packed and the tips of the leaves on the oaks were showing the first signs of turning a vibrant orange. Everything was changing.

"I'll miss you too," he responded. "Hell, I might even bemoan the absence of your hair in the shower drain." I arched a brow at him, and he shrugged. "Alright, so probably not."

As we strolled along, silence fell around us in a comfortable sheath. But it didn't last long before my brother abruptly snapped his fingers. "Did you remember to pack your Paw Patrol t-shirt?"

***

Matt

A black silky curtain fluttered in the soft breeze of the open window. The air was sweetly fragranced with the mix of a summer rain shower and freshly cut grass.

All was still in the room except for the sound of her movements as she fastened a satin scarf around my wrist. Knotting the fabric, she guided my arm to the bed post and secured the loose end around the wooden knob.

She mirrored my restraint on the other side of the bed and our eyes locked. The grin that played across her crimson lips was one of seduction and power. She enjoyed being in control and I willingly handed it over to her. For the only time I achieved true ecstasy was when I was at her mercy, allowing her to feed off my pain as though she were a sadist vampire. 

There was something rather titillating about being intimate with someone who knew how to use my turmoil to create pleasure. The emotional gashes recycled into physical wounds which would then transform itself anew into a sweet release.

With a final tug on the scarf, she moved her palm over towards my eyes to shut my lids. My breath hitched as I waited in anticipation for her next move. The scalding hot oil that hit my chest instantly had me inhaling sharply through my teeth.

I writhed beneath the burning sensation, and she placed a hand on my abdomen. "Don't move," she instructed. Immediately I stilled myself, knowing what punishment would come should I fail to obey her command.

Wordlessly, she began massaging the liquid into my bare skin. She didn't check up on me, but she didn't need to. She knew to keep an ear out for the safe word that we had come up with prior. All it would take was an utterance of it from my lips and she would immediately halt what she had been doing, and we would transition back into our roles as equals.

But for then, I was under her strict orders.

As my flesh slowly began to accumulate to the temperature of the oil, she abruptly switched it up by running a chilled ice cube over the dip between my stomach muscles. 

A moan escaped my throat, and she pressed her fingers to my mouth. "Silence," she reprimanded.

I nodded, my pulse quickening at the realization that the gesture could be considered an act of defiance. But instead of being disciplined, I was rewarded with a teasing of her lips at the base of my throat.

She used her mouth to sensually suck my skin before trailing her tongue down in the same path that the ice cube had followed. Her teeth nipped at the button on my jeans, and I thrusted my hips up, straining to feel her touch beneath the denim.

I didn't have to see her to sense her hesitation about continuing. Something in the atmosphere had shifted and her movements stilled. "This is wrong," she murmured.

My eyes flinging open, I lifted my head to peer at her. If I focused on an individual feature, it would unscramble the pixels that made her identity fuzzy. But as a whole, her face was a warped blur. 

"Who are you?" I questioned.

Question of the day: What do you think is the meaning behind Matt's dreams?

A/N First chapter of My Best Friend's Gorgeous Boyfriend is available to read now! P.S. Be sure to keep this book in your reading list because I still have the face reveal and bonus chapters to come. Thank you all for reading. I appreciate you so much. <3