Operation Fuck-Buddy

Vanessa

"How about Chris Hitchcock?" 

"Who?" I shouted over the erupting cheers and screeching sneakers on floorboards.

Addison pointed to a smoldering male with shaggy black hair, jogging up the court and catching a basketball from one of his teammates. "If you really desire to make Matt jealous then go after somebody that he already feels inferior to." Her voluminous waves bounced and reflected the light as she flipped them over her shoulder. "Think about it, V. Who's more likely to make your little situationship partner go feral when he spots you with them? A wholesome Christian boy or a pouty, hot and popular athlete?"

Tilting my head, I squinted my eyes as I studied Chris. She wasn't wrong. With his strong biceps and scorching gaze that told the story of all the nasty deeds he would perform on one if given the chance, he oozed sex appeal. I shivered at the idea of being the subject of his bedroom stare. 

He was certainly a viable choice. After I had learned that Kurt was all but useless in my mission to get back at Matt, I was forced to continue the hunt in finding someone else. It wasn't Addison's worst scheme either to suggest raising the stakes. It was 'go big or go home' at this point. And Chris would make the perfect candidate for Operation Fuck-Buddy.

"I guess he is kind of gorgeous..." I agreed. I bit my lip, my panties already getting moist. "But Addie, don't you think he might be a bit out of my league?"

She shook her head with fervor. "Nonsense! You're beautiful and any guy would have to be blind not to see that." She smiled devilishly. "But if you're too chicken to make a move...I suppose you could try your luck with Alex Banks."

Images of him popping his zits in the middle of Algebra class haunted my nightmares more than the scary movie I had watched that involved a high school girl getting decapitated by a fallen locker. I shuddered. "I think I'll take my chances with Chris."

My friend clapped me on the back. "Wise choice."

I watched as Chris sunk the ball cleanly through the net right as the horn signaling half-time blared. He wiped the perspiration off his face with the bottom of his jersey before jaunting over to courtside and taking a long swig from his water bottle.

Addison nudged me in the ribs. "Now's your chance to talk to him."

I spread my arms, gesturing at the bleachers packed with our classmates. "Now?" I replied, incredulously. "He's in the middle of a game, Addie and besides, I'm not really into the idea of having an audience present to witness my rejection. I might have a bizarre kink or two, but public humiliation is not one of them."

She folded her arms over her chest. "If you don't go speak with him then I'm going to tell Alex that you had a sex dream about him last night."

I shuddered again, picturing the pus-filled pimple erupting from his cheek as he squeezed it between his fingers. "Alright," I muttered. "You win but you've really got to stop using that as a threat against me to obtain what you want."

Swatting my behind with a satisfied smirk pasted onto her lips, she shooed me off. "Go get 'em, champ." 

"Please don't ever say that again." I rolled my eyes as I descended the steps, feeling as though I were marching closer and closer to a guillotine. Do I have to constantly live in fear of my head getting chopped off?

 When I was about halfway towards Chris, the sole of my right shoe slid on the edge of the step. Throwing out my arms, I flailed to regain my balance, but it was too late. I surfed down the stairs on my backside before landing in a rolling heap by his feet.