I'm A Very Bad Girl

Vanessa

Covering Matt's mouth with the palm of my hand, I pressed one finger to my lips. "Shh...," I whispered. My heart hammered inside my chest, and I felt as though I had just been caught shoplifting a chocolate bar from the grocery store.

"Vanessa!" Jake yelled. "I know you're in there. Quit playing games."

I nudged Matt off me, ushering him silently into my closet. "Sorry," I mouthed, grabbing my robe and tying the sash around my waist before closing the door on his beautiful face. I guess I won't be trailing kisses alongside that chiseled jaw today or tasting the cinnamon toothpaste that lingered behind on those luscious full lips. 

"What," I barked, thrusting open my bedroom door and knocking Jake in the stomach with the knob. Good.

He held out his hand, tapping his foot impatiently. "Do you have my Algebra homework that I asked you to bring back?"

"Yea, yea," I replied, rummaging through my backpack and tossing the worksheets at him. They made it halfway to him before landing on the carpet in a flutter. "Now, get out."

Rolling his eyes, he scooped the papers off the floor. "You're such a bitch," he muttered.

"Whatever." I pointed at the door. "Go!"

He slowly backed out of the room but before he made it over the threshold, he wrinkled his nose and lifted his face in the air, sniffing. "It smells like..."

"Teen spirit?" I supplied.

He shook his head and then narrowed his eyes on me. "No...it smells like Matt."

Fuuuuck. "What are you, a bloodhound? The only scent I'm picking up on is mom's disgusting pea meatloaf."

Jake waltzed back into the room and began pacing circles around me as I stayed crouched beside my bookbag. "Hmm..." he said, staring down at me with a frown. "You look guilty. You have that same expression on your face that you had when you borrowed mom's white cashmere sweater without asking, then spilt red punch on it and then denied its existence when she asked you three days later if you had seen it."

"Jake...for fuck's sake!" I exclaimed, tossing my hands up. "Don't you have homework to do? I don't have time for your detective bullshit."

"Hmm...," he repeated, stroking his chin. "What are you hiding?"

Exhaling loudly, I stood up and gestured at the room. "Fine! You caught me," I retorted sarcastically. "Matt's hiding in my closet right this very moment and I was just about to fuck him before you interrupted us."

Stepping aside, I pointed at the double wooden doors. "Care to see for yourself?"

"You're such a bitch," he mumbled again before storming out of the room and slamming the door shut behind him.

Trembling slightly, I slid my gaze over towards the closet as the hinges slowly creaked and Matt poked his head out. "Is it safe to come out now?" He asked, flashing me a heart-melting grin.

"Yea, the troll's gone," I said, plopping down on the edge of the bed. "The bridge can be crossed without any danger."

Chuckling, he joined me. "I can't believe you just straight-up admitted I was here."

I shrugged and my stomach tightened as my gaze met his piercing grey eyes. "The best way to lie is to tell the truth."

Matt cupped my chin with his hands and the electricity from his touch heated the air between us. "You are definitely not the innocent girl that you appear to be, huh?"