Chapter 49

Going to Disney with my marching band coming back on Monday I'm gonna go ahead and the rest of the chapters love y'all

Chapter 49: Funeral

Standing and watching tony's funeral take place must have been one of the hardest things I had to ever do in my life. I was standing by the porch holding Loki's hand as my Blue-gray eyes flowed with silent tears. Tear stains littered my green v-necked shirt. I turned away as they pushed the wreath into the water. I gripped Loki's shirt tight in my hands. He was gone and there was nothing I could do about it. I knew I wasn't gong to stay for long and I don't think my mental state could handle it. Everyone started to pile into the house. I walked away and I got into my Black car. I sat in the drivers seat and gripped the steering wheel and put my forehead against it sobbing. The car door opened again and Loki put his arms around my fragile figure.

"Darling, look at me" I kept my head down.

"Darling, *pause* look at me" I finally looked up into his loving eyes.

"It'll be okay. Please trust my love. Why don't we go back to the tower." I nod and get out of the seat. I walk around the car as he starts it. I plop down on the seat and buckle up. We drove for a while before coming to the tower. Traveling up to our room Loki gently opens the door and ushers me inside. I kick off my shoes and sit on the bed. I am enveloped in his embrace. I stay like that for hours.

—------- time skip —-----

It's been a couple years since his death. I am sitting with Loki in a restaurant eating my favorite Chinese dish.

"Okay, the random date and my favorite food too, you're up to something." He smirks

"Well I have somewhere to show you then i will explain." huffing I finish my food and wait for his slow ass to finish. I tap my foot and watch his smile turn up more as his smirk deepens. His plate ¼ of the way empty, the last but of his sesame seed chicken left of his place with broccoli on the side.

You know I love green, but Broccoli. It can die in the pits of hell. The texture of it makes my stomach flip. I want to puke anytime I see broccoli. I glare at the small green tree laying on his plate, maybe if I stare at it long enough it would disappear. *mentally tries to disintegrate it* Nope doesn't work. Back to the slow ass-guardian eating his food at the pace of a snail. My leg shakes under the table, my patience growing thin. For an asgardian who normally devours his meal in minutes was purposely being astronomically slow to test me.

It was working.

Loki, the pain in the ass, finishes his food a couple YEARS later (10 minutes) and pays for the dinner. We stand up my Dark forest green dress hugs my body and the black heels I am wearing makes a click sound as I walk across the tiled floor. One of the guy hosts (I think that is what you call them) looks in our direction as we push the first step of double doors leading out of the restaurant. The host's eyes travel up and down my body. Loki being the person he was, glared at the host behind us. Loki's arm wraps around my waist. His tux slightly tugged at the tension on the seams. I giggle at his protectiveness. I step through the next double doors. The cold night air sends chills up my spine. His arms rub my own and guide me to the car. Getting into our ride we hop into one of tony's cars and travel down the road for a good minute or 2 before turning to a dirt road.

"Where are we going" he ignores me

"Loki please dont ignore me" he nods

"Darling be patient"

"Give me a hint pleaseeee" I draw out the 'e' in the please trying to get anything out of him. Being the most irresistible person ever (sexy hair flip) I manage to squeeze something out of him.

"We are looking at something for tony" he mutters. I lean over and kiss his cheek.

"Thanks love" I smile and watch the dirt road in front of us. His hand slowly arrives on my thigh as we ride. I smile brighter and rest my arm on the arm rest in between us. The night lights of the car sweep over something huge. I squint at the darkness but couldn;t see it again. Loki's grip on my thigh tightens as he looks at me with a 'sit back' face.

(please turn on the song Amsterdam by Gregory Alan Isakov, I recommend it on repeat and with head phones)

I sit back and wait as loki pulls the car over a patch of grass and parks it. He flips the car off and steps out. Before I get a chance to open my own door he is standing with my car door open and smile on his face. He stretches out his hand and pulls me out the car gently. I walk over gravel and dirt. You know if I had known I would have worn flats. He brings me up to the farmhouse as it stands proudly with its classic charm and timeless allure. The exterior is painted in a crisp, clean white, a hue that reflects the warmth of sunlight and exudes a sense of inviting simplicity.

A couple of steps lead to a charming porch, where one can imagine spending lazy afternoons in a rocking chair, sipping on sweet tea and enjoying the gentle breeze. The porch, adorned with a welcoming swing or perhaps some potted plants, serves as a transitional space that beckons residents and guests alike to step into the heart of this rural haven. The farmhouse, with its symmetrical design and pitched roof, embodies the quintessential charm of country living. Surrounded by the tranquility of the forest I feel draw into it. I continue to be lead up and onto the porch and through the door. The empty rooms of the house are illuminated by lights hanging from the ceiling. The walls, white too, are welcoming.

"Wow" I mutter.

"Do you like it?" he asks

"I do but were here for tony if he likes it then.....*Pause*....well if he like it then I really don't know what he will do with it." I walk further into the room and spin in place. My hair flies out and around me. I stop and my eyes look over everything again before turning around. Loki in his all black suit is on one knee looking up into my teary eyes. He opens the black box and shows a gold ring with a amethyst in the center glimmering in the light, he starts to speak,

"Wisty, you are the most beautiful and capable women I have ever met. You made my life and my soul happier then it has ever been. I would give up being king of asgard, if I was to be king, to be with you for the rest of our lives. Wisty, wil-"

"Yes, oh gods, YES" I say breathless. He stands and envelopes me in a hug. Pulling back he slips the ring onto my ring finger.

"I love you"

"I love you too," he says back.

"Is this our" I whisper, he nods. I open my mouth again,

"You have been with me for so long and........*Pause* I always wished this would happen" he chuckles.

"Me too"