Chapter 33

Chapter 33: What did you say.

—--Thought this name fit this chapter so well, let me know if you get it when you finnish this chapter :) - your author-----

I continued to watch as the hydra agent moved from the shed, disapearing behind it as I still lay on the ground, not comprehending what was gong on. I slowly looked around as people were fighting, some still trying to get up butothers lay dead or uncossious on the floor. I roll over to my stomach reaching to grab a hand full of grass. I try to use the last bit of strength I have left to lift myself up and off the floor. With a grunt I get to about standing, teatering from side to side as I look towards the fighting, the rest of my team beside Clint, Bucky, and Thor were fighting, the 3 team members not fighting were unconscious, laying in the field.

I find tony in the crowd and see him stareing at me mouthing somthing. Your a pickle, no that is not it. I look closer, Are Pickles okay, no they are descusting but I am sure that is not what tony is saying. I squint my eyes as I teater to one side a little too much trying to take a step as well, Falling I finally catch what tony is trying to say. 'Are you okay!'. My head hits the ground and everything turns black.

—-------------------------------------------

I feel the vibrations of somone hitting the side of the cool, cold object I am laying on. With a grunt I open my eyes and try to sit on what I now know is a metal bed in the infirmary. I glance around, it was scilent but I could see the heart monitor working, which should be making sound. I see the teams mouths move, which should be making noises. I slam my fist into the metal bed. It hurt but it should have made a sound. I look up at the team, their attention now turned towards me. Nat moves her mouth and waves her arms around trying to tell me somthing but I cant hear her. I cup my ear trying to see if it was a volume issue on her part. But why would nothing else make a noise. Nat inched closer to me putting a hand on my shoulder and as far as my mouth readin skills went i could make out a, 'can you hear me' trusting I was reading her lips right I shook my head no. Nat glanced nurvouly at bruce who, again, as far as I could lip read said, 'everything seemed normal' glanceing back at nat i watched her say, 'well then why cant she hear us?'

'I mean I checked her vitals and all her major organs'

Tony shifted in his place catching my attention to him. 'Did you check her ears' tony looked down

'No' bruce said. 'Then check!' nat screamed at him.

With a couple of pokes and prods, he check my ears, WHICH I STILL CAN'T HEAR FROM. Bruce sat back in his chair, looking around waiting for his samples and dynastics to finish so everyone would be at ease.

—30 minutes later—

Bruce walked over to a machine grabbing my samples and opened a file on his computer. I looked away as I didn't want to see what was happening. I could feel the slight vibrations of someone walking. I looked back towards to team. Most had tears threatening to slip from their glossy eyes. Steve looked at me with sadness in his eyes. I was going to be able to hear again right. Right?

Steve walked over to me. Placing a hand on my shoulder he mouthed the words, 'I am sorry' sorry for what. I tried to give him the most dramatic confused look. I think he got the memo.

'Your ear drums were____never hear again' I didnt quote catch what he said in the middle for it had been too long of a word. That was all I had to hear though. I could feel the tears already starting to fall onto my cheek and lap.

Was I never able to hear again. What was I supossed to do. I couldn't fight anymore could I? The light from the glass wall shimmered making me lose my attention from what was going on. I looked over to find Loki comming into the room with a confused expression. 'Wisty' he tried say to me. But I couldn't make out what was being said. The team looked at him and shook their heads. 'She cant hear anymore' Thor said softly. His face, once confused turned into a face of sorrow and sympathy, maybe.

Looking at my lap, I listened to the silence filling my ears. As I waited for something to happen. Cold fingers touch my skin as steve lets go. I feel loki's head rest on top of mine. His arms travel around my body and entangle me into a loving embrace. I wrapped my own arms around Loki as I settled my head into his chest. Feeling comfort and safety in his arms.

Looking at tony from around Loki's shoulder I caught him caying the words,

'I'm sorry kid'