Chapter 14

Hey yalll happy thanks giving and thank y'all for all the reads almost a 100 💯 y'all I cried when I woke up and say this. I love y'all

Chapter 14: What now

Warning: she changes infront of other weird men

The taste of his lips on mine was all I needed, I kissed back hungrily, I couldn't believe that Loki was kissing me, ME.

I broke the kiss.

"Now don't run this time"

"I won't" He giggles. I pull him back into another kiss, this time it was more gentle and loving. A moment or 2 passes before he pulls away for a breath.

"I'm sorry I ran, when you didn't reply I got scared and didn't want to know the outcome. I am sorry I made you hurt and made you feel this way." he says looking into my eyes.

"I forgive you, but if you are ever scared or you think you messed up you just need to talk to me, I will always be here for you" I say touching his arm comfortingly.

He smiles and gives me a small hug, I smile at his small effort to show affection. I hug back tightly as he puts his hands on my waist. We let go and he heads to the kitchen and I open my door, I put on some comfy Pj's and slip into bed watching a movie as I start to relax. A familiar face comes through the door. Loki stands in the doorway with a bag of dots pretzels and a small bowl of popcorn and a book under his arm. He did this sometimes, just come in with food and his food and sit with me as I did whatever, he would just hang with me. I smile and nod at him. I smile as he walks over to his normal corner.

"Come over here" he looks up from his normal spot and gets up bringing everything with him and sitting on my bed, cautiously.

"Get comfy" I whisper to him as I shift over to make room for him on my bed. Him and I laugh and I listen to him read his book to me out loud and snack on the snacks together, I have my head on his shoulder as he reads his book to me. He abruptly stops,

"I think some of that wall in your brain is gone, I can hear some of your thoughts." I look up at him not with worry but with happiness, I could maybe, hopefully find out what my life was like with hydra.

"That's amazing" I note, smiling. My ears ring with the sound of his elegant voice, as he reads his book aloud to me, I lay my head on his shoulder, imaging the scene being read. My eyes start to close heavy with sleep. Loki shifts his hands to place the book in his lap and gently takes mine in his other. I smile wider, I was beginning to relax from this afternoon, the events of the day replaying in my mind. My eyes close listening to him read.

I don't normally have nightmares, it is normally dreams about going on missions and other things, but that was not the case. I was in a room, with large metal bars and all around me was stone bricks, covering everything. Only the light from the hallway was keeping me from being in complete darkness. I was chained to the wall. I was smaller than I remembered being, I was in a pair of shorts and a tank top. A man walked up to the bars.

"Soldier 19520822 or Shadow Reader come with me" He grabs the keys from his belt and unlocks the chain. They fall to the floor with a loud clunk. I stand and follow the man out of the cell and down the hall, through twists and turns. We came across this room with 4 chambers and a giant desk in the center. Metal grates lined the floor and ceiling. The ceilings were high.  Windows lined the upper part of the wall and let light stream in through them.

I was being pushed into the room and to a man on the far side. He was inspecting the chamber with a clipboard in his hand with a white lab coat on too.

"Hello soldier 19520822 follow me" I once again followed a man I did not know and ended up in another room. I was handed a pile of clothes.

"Go change into these fast" nodding I stripped and changed as he stood and watched me.

"Good now come with me" AGAIN I was following him to the chamber.

"Alwit, open the chamber please" he said to a sun kissed skinned man with brown hair.

"Yes, Sir"

The chamber opened and the liquid inside flowed out and through the grates on the floor.

"Step in soldier" I stepped into the small capsule, the water still lingered in the bottom, it was cold, so cold, I was wearing a gray shirt and a pair of black biker shorts. The man with the clip board turned to the Alwit boy and nodded. Alwit pressed a button and the capsule closed. The glass had a green hue to it. I could see the clipboard man laugh as he watched me in the capsule. It fills to about my waist. It starts to freeze, a gas is released into the chamber. I inhale and cough furiously. I can't help it. The water that was about to my waist had finally frozen, another tube started to pour water in the rest of the chamber. My head is woozy and I feel light headed. The water is up to my chin. I have a straight face on as it covers my head. I feel the water go ice cold and I see the start of it freezing as it obscures my view of the room. I finally feel my eyes shut, the darkness has consumed me.

I sit up in my bed with a loud gasp. My hand rests on my heart. It was racing a million miles an hour. Loki burst through my door. Look I know by now that Loki doesn't sleep, he has explained a little bit about his powers, but I didn't think that SUPER HEARING was one of them. He walked over to me, sat on the corner of my bed and looked straight into my eyes. He took my hand.

"Everything is okay Darling" He muttered softly to me. I nodded. I wasn't going to cry but I was in shock, I honestly think if I tried to talk, I wouldn't be able to, my voice just got up and left.

"Hey" I looked at him again. Not realizing I looked down at my lap. His green eyes stared at me. He held a soft gaze, still holding my hands.

"You're here, you're not there anymore" I nodded again, unable to speak.

[yall why do I like the word nod so much like dang]

"Are you okay" he asks gently

I shake my head at him. He smiles at me and gets up heading to the door.

I try to find my voice to say stay, I try screaming stay in my brain hoping he would hear me, but to no avail. He left, I wanted him to sit and lay with me until I fell to a peaceful sleep this time.
To my surprise Loki walks back in. In his hands were a bag of dots pretzels and a glass of water.

"I figured you might want to eat something. I also thought you just might want to hang out, I know you won't sleep tonight" He wasn't wrong, even though earlier I wanted to fall asleep with him next to me, I knew deep down that I wouldn't sleep. It wasn't a nightmare night mare but it was like I was reviewing memories. I had no control of what happened.

I giggled and scooted over again, almost hitting the wall. I watch him slide onto my bed and set the water on my bedside table and the dots pretzels too. I didn't know if he was reading my mind or it was just obvious but he gestures for me to come closer and he wraps his arms around me. I get close and lean into his cold temperature.

"Are you comfortable"

"Yes" I managed to squeak out. I sighed in content. His head rested on mine. His hands wrapped around me tightly, my head on his chest.

"Thank you" I commented quietly. A smile reaching ear to ear on my face. I felt safe in his arms.

"Do you want to talk about it"

"It was like I was reliving a moment in my life"

"A memory"

"Yeah, I was in this cell and this man came and got me. I was in cuffs and was chained to the wall, I was skinny and like..... I-......I was put in the capsule in a weird room. I had to change infront of these men and I was put into a deep sleep I guess as the water was frozen around me and I couldn't change any of my movements. I felt trapped." I felt Loki squeeze tighter. I tried to get closer to him but he was already very close. The dots had been forgotten just like the water.

"I'm sorry" he says

"Mhm" I say, growing tired. My eyes heavy, I drift back into sleep.