Chapter 41

Chapter 41: The most Wonderful Time of The Year

Last night's events unfolded in a dreamlike haze, the lingering echoes of being carried back to my room drifting in the air. Waiting for the world to retreat, I felt the subtle vibrations of the closing door. Moonlight filtered through my window, casting a serene glow over my surroundings. Lying in my bed, I lifted one arm from the covers, only to be drawn back into the cocoon of warmth, retreating to the sanctuary my bed offered. Snuggling back into the inviting embrace, I closed my eyes, succumbing to the allure of sleep.

Yet, today heralded the most wonderful time of the year – Christmas!

Awakening with a jolt, I propelled myself out of bed, the excitement bubbling within almost causing a stumble. In haste, I donned a Christmas green sweater, paired with snug black leggings. Swinging open my bedroom door, I sprinted into the living room, greeted by the enchanting sight of the Christmas tree adorned with a kaleidoscope of lights and the promise of wrapped treasures beneath.

A growl emanated from my stomach, a reminder that the day's festivities had just begun. Placing a gentle hand on my midsection, I was guided by the magnetic pull of hunger to the fridge. Retrieving an avocado, my morning ritual commenced with the preparation of avocado toast, a comforting routine in the midst of the holiday whirlwind.

Gobbling up the toast with the hunger of ten men, I leaped over the back of the couch, finding a vantage point to watch the radiant glow of the Christmas tree. The symphony of feet stomping on the floor interrupted my reverie. Steve and Clint, the early risers, ventured into the kitchen, their morning routine unfolding. Soon after, Nat, Bruce, and Loki joined the ensemble.

An unresolved conversation with Loki lingered – his "not good enough" act demanded clarification, a conversation that would unfold in due time.

Nodding a silent greeting to the morning, my attention shifted as Steve entered the living room, settling on the far-left couch. Positioned in the middle corner of the three couches, I attempted a morning nod, receiving a responsive wave from Steve, who, in a near comedic fashion, almost spilled his food into his lap. A ripple of laughter escaped me, and I turned to observe the rest of the team finding their seats. Thor, a force of nature, hurried to claim his precious poptarts – a sight that promised both amusement and a potential challenge. The anticipation heightened for the unveiling of his gift.

The final person left was Tony Stark. Chipper and carefree, he grabbed a piece of toast, popped it into his mouth, and approached with the energy of a holiday sprite. Speak of the Devil, I noted in my head. Tony's took out his phone, projecting a note onto the TV. Confusion etched my face, quickly replaced by delight as the words unfolded.
It read: 'So this is for Wisty, now I wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS and I can't wait for presents. I have something very special for Wisty and I need someone to videotape it. I Can't wait for Wisty's first CHristmas with us and don't forget the party tonight 7:00 Sharp!' I had giggled at his typo before rushing to him and hugging the life out of him.

I Couldn't wait!

—---------------------------------------

Gathered around the Christmas tree, anticipation pulsed in the air. Tony, orchestrating the proceedings, manipulated his phone to announce the order of gift-giving. The TV screen displayed a single word: "Nat." I turned to Loki, seeking an explanation.

'I am confused, why does it just say nat, nat what, what did she do?'

'It is who gets to go first, handing out their presents,' he signed, and I nodded in understanding.

Natasha, the graceful bearer of gifts, gracefully approached the tree, selecting two presents from beneath its boughs. Sauntering over to Thor, she presented him with a small box wrapped in green checkered paper. The giant of a man grinned and tore through the wrapping, revealing a miniature figure of himself. A hug ensued, gratitude communicated through the shared language of gestures.