Chapter 38

Y'all I got some major writers block Send help

Chapter 38: Tony's POV........Again.

Finally, the moment of truth arrived. I stood in the center of the lab, the prototypes gleaming under the artificial lights. The neural connectors, a fusion of technology and hope, awaited their moment to bring sound back to Wisty's world.

I called for a team meeting, the first in days, to share the results of my labor. The Avengers, accustomed to my unyielding focus, gathered in the lab with a mixture of curiosity and anticipation. Wisty, unaware of the endeavor unfolding, remained outside the lab.

The room fell silent as I unveiled the neural connectors. The devices, sleek and unassuming, held the promise of a new beginning for Wisty. I explained the technology, the hours spent refining it, and the potential it held to not only restore her hearing but enhance it beyond its previous capabilities.

As the Avengers absorbed the magnitude of the breakthrough, a determined resolve filled the room. The mission to restore Wisty's world had become a collective endeavor. The team, driven by shared purpose, rallied behind the cause with an unwavering determination.

In the subsequent days, we orchestrated a plan to introduce Wisty to the neural connectors. The Avengers, aware of the significance of this moment, stood united in their support. The lab, once a solitary retreat, transformed into a space of shared hope and anticipation.

The day arrived, and Wisty, clad in her purple attire, entered the lab with a mixture of curiosity and uncertainty. The neural connectors, now refined and polished, awaited their moment. The Avengers, standing as a silent testament to solidarity, watched as I explained the technology and its potential impact.

The moment Wisty donned the neural connectors, the room held its breath. A subtle hum filled the air as the devices activated, their intricate algorithms adapting to the nuances of her auditory experience. The Avengers observed with bated breath, their expressions a mirror of hope and anticipation.

Then, it happened. Wisty's eyes widened as the world of sound unfurled before her. The hum of machinery, the subtle rustle of fabric, and the distant sounds of the city outside, resonated in her ears.

Tears welled in Wisty's eyes as she experienced sound for the first time in months. The Avengers, witnessing this profound moment, shared in the joy that radiated through the room.

That was my dream. I know it was only a dream right now. For the moment I had passed out on my workbench. No where close to being finished I kept dreaming of the moment when I finished and gave it to Wisty, she would cry tears of joy and happiness. I would feel as if I had accomplished something for once.

I looked at the calendar making a note that it was almost christmas, 3 days till christmas day and no one had gotten gifts as I would guess. I stood up and called to Jarvis,

"Yes sir" Jarvis replied

"Make all reservations for a christmas party in the tower tomorrow evening, as well as call all Avengers to the living room please."

"Yes sir, right away, would you like to notify Pepper that the reservations for the party are tomorrow"

"Yes" I said, walking into the elevator.

"Sir would you also like me to put a set of newer clothes on your bed before you meet the team sir. You look like a zombie no offense Mr, Stark."

"That would be nice, thank you" I told the AI as I pressed my floor.
I reached my room, changed into a business suit and grabbed my shades from the dresser by the door. Snatching my wallet on the way out too. Hopping back onto the elevator I pressed the main floor button. I heard voices as I reached the room. The elevator made its ding sound and the door started to open. I started walking out, the eyes of Wisty on me, looking like she was going to hit me. Before I even knew it i was hit with a force that almost knocked me over. I wrapped my arms around Wisty as I felt her grasp on me tighten. Tightening back I held her close to me. Never wanting to let go.