Chapter 8

Chapter 8: A not so simple feeling

(warning language and flying objects)

No dreams

No thoughts

Came to me as I slept except for the sensation from the elevator, except stronger. ONLY slight but it was enough to wake me from my peaceful slumber. I woke to the yanking and tugging feeling from my finger tips and chest.

The feeling disapated. I couldn't quite come up with a reason for the feeling, it seemed to be inside me but I have no idea how to make the feeling go away. I reluctantly pulled the covers up looking for the warmth my bed had accumulated and fell back asleep listening to the city sounds.

I woke to the lights streaming through my windows casting a bright glow on my skin as I looked to see the sun shining bright across the city while it turned morning. The suns light felt warm on my skin keeping me from the cold temperature of my room. I groggly stumbled through my bathroom to the closet and picked out a pair of leggings and a baggy shirt which pepper and natasha had reluctantly let me purchese with tonys card as I had non stop pestered them to let me buy it.

I slipped a pair of white socks on and opened my door to find the Door opposite open. I didn't want to disturb whoever was in the space so I left walking down the hall towards the kitchen and wondered if I could find a loaf of bread to make toast, my favorite breakfast item that I have had.

"Natasha" I announced in a tired tone.

"Call me nat for gods sake, were friends, stop being so formal"

"Nat, where is the bread"

"In a cabinet next to the fridge somewhere"

"Thanks that is helpful"

I rolled my eyes as I got up and opened the first white colored cabinet next to our silver fridge and sighed when my eyes landed on the loaf of bread I had been looking for. I snatched it form the cabnet and took a paice of bread out and placed it in the toaster. Putting the bread back where I had found it and waiting with a plate nat had given me. The toast popped out and I spread butter on it as I put it on the plate and sat back down in the chair I had sat in earlier, an ate.

"So do you remember anything from your past"

"Not really, it is all a haze, I remember my mom having green eyes, I remember the night they took me, all the horrible things they did to me, and the day they put me in the capsule"

"How old even are you" nat asked as tony and bruce walked in,

"I remember them saying something about they couldn't put a 20 year old on the field after what she had done, that is the only time I ever knew how old I was" tony and bruce glanced at one another in shock.

"wow" Tony muttered

"do you remember what you did to make them say that?" Bruce said as he turned to me

"No I realy dont remember much.."

"It is probably trama keeping them locked away not wanting you to have to relive them"

I nodded, it sounded logical, it made sense. What year is it, wait how long has it been?

"Wait what year is it?"

"2023"

"When I went into the chamber it was 1972,so its been..."

"51 years" steve answered from the doorway where he had stood, listening to the conversation at hand.

"That makes me...73"

"70, you are 70" tony corrected looking me dead in the eye.

"I am still older" steve laughed