Chapter 16: Mining in the Dark

Recap: In the previous chapter, the remaining contestants get to compete in the 15th challenge where they have to say a shower thought, and they'll be judged based on how deep the thought was. Priya, Rayna, and Molly are up for elimination, and Priya is out of the game with 3 votes.

That's what you missed.

Marcel's POV

That was crazy...

Time flies quickly since we started the game with 20 of us.

And now I'm one of the final five contestants who are in the game.

Now what do I do when it's over? I mean, there's a lot for me to do aside from resting from the vacation with random people and getting to know each other.

I went around to check on everyone, since I wondered how they were doing during the final five.

I saw Capri, who was looking at the pond as usual. Is she alright after Priya is out of the game? It's not the first time that she's almost alone since her friends have also been eliminated.

Did her friends spend time with her after the challenge?

Why did I get concerned for not only my former teammates but also Adrian and Capri who is in the opposite team?

I guess I care for everyone here.

Except for Pierce since he's not just homophobic but also making fun of Colton for being a detective when he is a 1 star minimum wage chef.

I went to Capri and sat beside her.

Marcel: Are you alright?

Capri: Oh uh, about that, yeah, I'm alright.

Marcel: Why are you sitting here...?

Capri: To take my mind off the things that happened.

Marcel: Aside your friends' elimination?

Capri: There's more than that...

Marcel: What is it?

Capri: About the fact that Brayden got kidnapped by the two...

Marcel: I noticed that since Cain told me about it. Is that why you're scared?

Capri: I felt not only fear but also anger...

Marcel: Why is that?

Capri: I was worried about losing one of my friends just like I found out that one of my childhood friends had been missing for five years...

Marcel: Sorry to hear that...

Penny: Time for a challenge!

Marcel: Guess we should drop this for the challenge. We can talk about it later.

Capri: Alright then.

Capri and I went to the open area where Penny was waiting, along with one of my loyal teammates, Fallon, Rayna, and Molly.

End of Marcel's POV

Penny: Alright! Before the next challenge, we're going to the mine cart to ride to the outside of the cave.

Penny points at the mine cart before going inside the mine cart.

Marcel: But how are we going to fit in one mine cart? There are six of us!