Chapter 14 - Aftermath

Marcel's POV

Looks like I have to go look for Cain, since it's my time to teach him boxing.

I went to the cabin since it's quite possible that they're still there, early in the morning.

I went inside and saw Cain still hugging Brynn as if he was comfortable with him.

Marcel: Uh Cain, sorry to disturb you, but do you want to learn boxing?

Cain: *looks at Brynn* Bry, are you okay with this? I wanted to learn to box for self-defense.

Brynn: Cain, I'll go with you since you already know what happened to Brayden. And one of your friends, Spencer, is kinda worried about him after he was kidnapped for two days.

Marcel: Wait, Brayden got kidnapped for two days?

Brynn: Yes, Cain told me about it. Marcel, is it okay if I'd go with you? So neither of you two won't be kidnapped.

Marcel: Sure.

We went to the bus before we got inside.

While waiting, I saw those two talking about self-defense.

Brynn: So Cain, why did you want to learn self-defense by boxing?

Cain: So I can defend not only you, myself, but also my cousin from anyone who tries to hurt us.

Marcel: That's sweet... but who will hurt you?

Cain: Our high school bully and my abusive and neglecting uncle, who hurts not just me but also my cousin.

Marcel: So there are two people against you. What about Brynn?

Cain: He has the same high school bully since we're both in the same school and his homophobic parents.

Marcel: Well, kids could be cruel sometimes back then.

Cain: Yeah...

We heard the bus stopped at the City Blahi.

Marcel: Looks like we're here.

Brynn: Time to get off the bus.

We get off the bus before going to the place where they take boxing lessons.

Marcel: This is it. This is the only place that we can do boxing.

Brynn: Then let's get inside to avoid them from kidnapping us. I don't even know who's next.

Cain: You're right.

I went inside while Brynn and Cain followed.

I saw the punching bag that was hanged there.

Marcel: Well, that is it. We can do this in 1–2 hours. You can end it if you want.

Cain: So this is a punching bag.

Marcel: Yeah. You can use it to punch it while letting it all out. For example, think of the punching bag as someone who hurts you.

Cain: I'll pick the abusive uncle first. Since he hurt me and my cousin...

Marcel: You can do it for self-defense. Especially not to hurt others, but rather push them away. Hell, he's probably messing with the wrong person.