p a r t v - e p i l o g u e.

- ----------

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Adrien adjusted their tie as they stared into the mirror. It's been almost two weeks since Adrien and Nubia separated. It was mainly their distance that impacted the couple the most. The only time they interacted was when they went to visit Nour and Mason in the hospital. Nour was still in a coma, Danielle weltering away with every moment he wasn't awake. Nubia was trying to hold it together too, but was failing.

Adrien wanted nothing more than for her to be happy, even if it meant that they wouldn't be. They were just tired of feeling like a convenience for everyone. They felt used which was why they tried to avoid it happening to begin with. They already felt deeply for Nubia from the start, but they were starting to believe that it wasn't meant to be and she was just brave enough to say it.

They were in two different parts of their lives when everything happened. Nubia's words repeated in Adrien's head, the idea that grief is what pushed them together starting to get to them. They sighed shakily at the thought, swallowing back their tears before grabbing their phone and their car keys.

"You ready?" Anita asked as she rubbed Adrien's back. It was the first day of the custody battle between Adrien and Krystal in court. They were tired, staying up late nights and reviewing the notes Rayan conducted for them, the twist in their stomach reminding them of the countless beers they've found comfort in.

"Yeah." They responded, stepping out of the shack and walking toward their car. The sun was bright and the birds chirped through the leaves of the trees that surrounded their safe haven.

"You have all of our support. Even Nubia-"

"How is she? We haven't talked."

"You should. She's a wreck. You didn't have to storm out on her like that. I was consoling her the entire night." Anita snapped as she slammed the passenger door shut. Adrien sighed, slipping into the drivers seat and turning on the car, taking off.

"I was upset. I just..I don't know. I took what she said personally, I guess." Adrien responded as they lowered the window before placing a cigarette in their mouth.

"Stop with that! I don't like when you do that!" Anita hissed while snatching it from between their lip and tossing it out of the window. Adrien ignored her, simply placing another Marlboro red into their mouth and lighting it, exhaling while staring out of the windshield.

"Better than a blunt. Rayan said I can't smoke til the trial's over just in case they wanna drug test me."

"Yeah, acs will do that. Especially with how the both of you met."

"Thanks for the encouragement mom-"

"Hey. This brooding shit gotta stop, okay? We're all worried about you. You're not alone in this, okay? We all love him, especially Nubia. Don't doubt that for a second, but I'm not gonna sugar coat shit. You didn't even take the time to consider that this shit has been just as hard on her. Did you know she can't have anymore kids?"

"What?" Adrien hissed, their head whipping over to face their mother who just glared out of the windshield.

"You're driving, Dre." Adrien let out a shaky breath as they faced the windshield, their eyes watering slightly.

It's all my fault. All of it. Maybe it's my turn to go now.

"Don't blame yourself. Sophia stabbed her too deep. She lost too much blood. I need you to understand where she's coming from. Her whole life has been uprooted before it even started. I want you guys to talk. But before you do you have to figure out what it is you need versus what you want. This shit is not all fun and games. It doesn't help that she's younger than you. A lot younger. Two different places. Her brains not even developed fully yet. You both got some shit to think about. Cause now there's TWO children involved."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Adriens heart was racing as they walked into the courthouse. After Anita's talk, Adrien sat quiet for the rest of the ride with a few things in mind. They knew their mom was right. This was too much too soon and they were breaking apart.

Nubia was breaking apart.

"You ready? It's almost time." Rayan approached them quickly, the small ringing in Adrien's ears fading away as they nodded.

"Dre!" The young voice tugged their heart strings as they turned, Reagan running over and hugging Adrien tightly causing their tears to overflow.

"Hi, sweetheart. It's been a while. God, you weigh a ton!"

"I miss you. I don't wanna be there anymore. The food is gross and everyone's so fucking mean." Adrien chuckled while wiping their face after putting Reagan down.

"We won't have to worry about that soon. This is what we're here for."

"You miss him but not me? Wow, Reagan." Krystal stated sarcastically. Adrien's blood ran cold, watching as her cheap heels slammed against the porcelain floors of the courthouse.

"Why would he?"

"I didn't ask you, perv."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Adrien yelled suddenly causing everyone to jump. Heads turned toward their direction, Reagan clinging to Adrien as Krystal just smirked.

"Yeah. That's our defense. Those little rich gadgets you bought him? That fucking two thousand dollar ipad? You on some 'Mysterious Skin' shit! Who buys shit like that for a kid unless they're fucking em', huh?! You groomed him! Now he don't wanna go home-"

"Shut up bitch! Shut the fuck up! You were feeding him cigarette covered eggs you fucking slutted out custy! Don't you ever sit here and try to accuse me of something as sick as that!" Adrien screamed as they launched themselves toward her.

"Adrien! Calm down! You have to calm down!" Adrien's ears were flooded with their heartbeat, everyone holding them back by their suit jacket as they panted out of anger. Krystal was surrounded by guards, her lawyer escorting her to their designated courtroom. Adrien pushed everyone off of them and rushed to the bathroom, panting back and forth while rubbing their neck before punching the stall door closest to them.

"I fucking hate this shit. I hate this shit so much."

"Adrien.." They looked up as quick as their name fell from her lips, Nubia staring up at them with tired eyes. Adrien shook their head slowly, their face twisted in pain as they started to sob. Nubia rushed over, holding them close to her as they leaned against the sink of the double stalled bathroom.

"Take a breath. Just take a breath. You're okay.. we're all here for you. I'm not going anywhere."

"Please don't. Not right now." Their words were laced with sobs and it broke Nubia's heart causing her own tears to fall. Their sobs were loud and she knew everyone could hear them from behind the door. She knew they wouldn't have liked that, shushing them and pressing their face close to her chest so they'd have the privacy they deserved.

"I love you. I'm sorry, mama.." Adrien sniffed, their wet face close to hers. Nubia nodded, kissing their lips softly as she held the sides of their face.

"I know. Let's get today and tomorrow over with and then we will talk, okay?"

"Okay."