p a r t v - e p i l o g u e.

"Shit

"Shit." Adrien whispered as they walked toward the front door of Nura's house. Bullet holes and broken class surrounded the patio, the flower pots full of holes. Danielle didn't look, her eyes squeezed closed as her anxiety elevated her heart rate.

"Do you see them?" Bella asked quietly, Adrien shaking their head as they stepped through the glass and into the house. It was destroyed, the walls punctured and drops of blood on the mahogany floors. Adrien followed the blood, the trail growing bigger and bigger causing Danielle to whimper.

"Nour!" Danielle sobbed as she ran over to him. He was leaning against the wall of the kitchen, his tears infinite as he held the wound that bled heavily. He was pale, covered in sweat as he cried for his sister that he was standing behind his wife.

"I'm sorry, it was an accident. Please forgive me." Nour pleaded to Nura who just stared down at him from behind his wife. She was dressed in all black, her eyes empty as she glared down at her brother who continued to plead. Danielle looked back, only seeing Adrien and Bella who scrambled for a first aid kit.

"Papa, who are you talking to? Who do you see? Guys he's hallucinating! He's losing too much!" Danielle cried. Bella ran over, ripping his shirt open and immediately working on his wounds as Adrien continued to look for Nura.

"We're gonna get you some help, okay? It's over now. It's over," Danielle coached her husband, holding his face in her hands. The hurt in his eyes was something that would haunt her for the rest of her life. All of the guilt and the pain that he felt seeped into his wife, her heart aching for him.

"I didn't mean to do it. I didn't.."

"I know, baby boy. I know. It's okay, it's okay you're gonna be okay. We're gong to help you." A loud bang caused Danielle and Bella to jump, Adrien apologizing sheepishly after digging the burner cell from the hole in the wall. Their heart skipped a beat at their fathers contact name before scrolling down and dialing for the carpet cleaners.

"You have to stay awake. You have to stay awake." Danielle breathed as Nour started to slur his words. All the people he's ever killed surrounded him and his wife, Nour whispering a sorry in Arabic before slowly passing out, his head falling back.

"N-no, no you stay. You fùcking stay!" Danielle screamed while slapping him across the face. She was sobbing, Bella's shaky hands pushing a pill through his mouth along with some water causing him to choke.

"He has to get to a hospital."

"Fuck, fine fine! Let's get him in the car."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"There you go little Mason. He's growing so quickly. He's in micro-diapers and it's only been a few days." The pediatrics nurse spoke to Nubia, but her mind was elsewhere. The look on her mothers face as she walked out with Adrien was embedded in her mind.

Is baba okay?

"I'm just glad he's okay. So you think he'll be okay as he grows?" Nubia asked, the nurse nodding with a smile as she looked down at Mason again. He shifted around slightly, his small body connected to wires and tubes that helped him survive. His tiny fingers gripped Nubia's as she stared down at him. He was as small as her hand, being big for his gestational age but too small to be outside of the womb.

"You're strong. You can do it." Nubia whispered to her son before walking out of the NICU and back toward her room when the sounds of rushing through the emergency room broke her from her trance.

"We need O negative! He's lost too much blood!" Nubia looked over along with everyone else, Nubia gasping as she saw Adrien run along with the doctors. The wild black curls were immediately recognizable, Nubia nearly dropping to her knees as she was Nour lying limp.

"Daddy?!" Nubia cried as the gurney was pushed passed her room. She ran toward their direction, her eyes wide and teary as she watched doctors rip his shirt open, Danielle yelling at them about paying attention to his wounds and not his genitalia.

"Adrien, what happened?! Where's Bella?!"
Nubia panicked as Adrien ran over to her. They were panting, their chest tight with anxiety as their phone rang again. It was Krystal's contact, Nubia grabbing the phone and answering it, her anger and anxiety bubbling in her chest.

"Reagan?"

"You wish. It's Krystal, bitch. Where's Adrien? ACS fùcking took Reagan. They fucking took him."

"Look bitch, don't nobody got time to deal with you right now. Now you want their help?! You just snatched Reagan from them and now you want their help?! Huh?!" Nubia screamed into the phone, everyone in hearing distance staring at the young woman who trembled.

"Hey, Hey Breathe.. there is a lot going on at once. But you've gotta hold it together for me, princess. Please." Adrien coached as they caressed her face. She was sobbing uncontrollably, her stomach cramping from her post c-section contractions which added to her overstimulation. Adrien grabbed her hand and walked her to her room, shutting the door.

"Nour and Nura got into a fight. Nura stabbed Nour and he shot her by accident, immediately killing her. One of the bullets ricochet without him noticing and it punctured him too. He has three wounds now they have to work on, but he's lost a lot of blood."

"Oh No..no no..what is going on? Why is all of this happening? We were okay. Everything was okay." Nubia cried. She felt as if she had no more tears left, her sobs dry and full of pain and anger rather than hurt.

"I don't know but it's going to be okay. It's all going to be handled. Okay?" Adrien panted, rubbing their chest as they wheezed slightly. Nubia noticed, her face full of concern as she grabbed their free hand.

"Dre? What's wrong papa?" Nubia whispered. They kept panting, their eyes full of panic causing Nubia to press the call button.

"Breathe, try to breath-"

"I-I can't, I can't." Adrien panted, their tears streaming down their face causing Nubia's to do the same as she wrapped her arms around them. The nurse came in, immediately coaching Adrien through their anxiety attack as Nubia rubbed their back.

"Here, drink some water. I just came in here with it not long ago." The nurse coached. Adrien did as they were told, Nubia watching their every movie with worried eyes. They calmed down, their face no longer red from hyperventilating.

"Is he okay?" Adrien asked quietly.

"Yes, they're stitching him up. There was an exit wound so no surgery was really needed. It didn't puncture anything either. He's fine." Both Nubia and Adrien let out a breath of relief, Nubia sobbing quietly as she hid her face in Adrien's arm.

"How about I bring someone in for you guys to speak to? It's clear you both have a lot going on. Nubia, honey you just had a baby and woke up from a coma. Your stress levels need to lower immediately or there could be postpartum complications. I really believe it's best if you both speak to the counselor."

"Only if my mom can be in here too." Nubia demanded through her sniffles. The nurse nodded with a smile before stepping out, Adrien looking down at Nubia with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't ever apologize. This year has just been way too much. Let's just get this over with so we can figure out our next steps."

"Okay."